Recommendations Webnovel Completly Translated novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by zxlowi, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, to you.

kobatochandaisuki likes this.
  2. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    That sentence is vague because you didnt give clear explanation in that post. If the reader dont read your explanation in two page after your sentence. The reader can get different meaning than what you want to explain.
    I already give to you how that sentence must be. But you still want to keep that misleading sentence. I bet that was your intention from the first place. Misleading other opinion about qidian

3. alamptr

Reading List:
    Link
    By your logic, most translator in nu don't bother to try and finish their own novel
    The reason is, they have at least one dropped novel

See the point?

4. Jigoku Shounen

Reading List:
    Link
    If the readers even bother to read my sentence, they would have already read about my discussion with you. I already tell you that I didn't edit the original post, to let people know about my own mistake and how I agree with you for that word. And that's it. If they even keep on reading my posts, they will eventually reach the pages with my explanation, then I don't need to edit to put in my explanation in the original posts. Or what? You think people will just stop after reading that sentence? Who in the world like cliffhanger?
    I don't even need to misleading people. Qidian did that by themselves for whatever sh***y moves they done.

5. Jigoku Shounen

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but something different. They either M.I.A, or they at least put the "Dropped" sub-page to let people know they dropped that novel, or even making announcements for it. But what about Qidian? Did they have a sub-page for that? Did they go M.I.A? Did they even say anything?
    The other translators did that to show that they are willing to give up the novel, to hand it become someone else. But what about Qidian? They still keep it, meaning they are still owning it. If someone else did it then they sent DMCA notice, and when they dropped it then no one else could take over it.

See the point?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Your point is not really valid, given that unlike transltators , Qidian owns the novel regardless, its their intellectual property.
    Personally, I think webnovel.com was not a good idea, they should have licensed to Wuxiaworld and Volarenovels and even Gravity for at least
    5 years, recruited all their best translators from behind the seasons and then started their own website.
    At least that is what I would have done :blob_sunglasses:

7. Jigoku Shounen

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, my point here is just about how they aren't caring for their own novels. That's all. At least fan translators did care for their own translations, and telling people that they dropped it when they can't do it anymore. But Qidian despite owning the novels, didn't even care about their dropped one, and they just let people asking questions about it and slowly people forgetting about it, while still holding it, then taking on new novels.

8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Care is a word used too easily. Having a patreon and releasing one chapter per month is not care. I run a website too, so I can understand things from their perceptive. No comment is better than a negative statement from a company
    I am guessing it just wasn't popular enough

9. alamptr

Reading List:
    Link
    You wrote that sentence on the first page in the thread that looking for qidian novel.
    If it not misleading what it is?

I see, you close the possibility that the translator is neither MIA or put dropped for the sake of your argument.
    And you also close the posibility that qidian is not actualy dropped that novel.

I dont think at this point there will be another translator willing to take that project. There is two reason about that.
    1. Qidian own publishing right
    2. The novel is not popular enough. I believe if the novel popular enough, there will be another translator willing to translate. I remember when volare dropped Release that Witch, even if qidian already announce they take that project, there still another translation group working on that. Qidian wins because other translator cannot compete with qidian speed.

10. Jigoku Shounen

Reading List:
    Link
    It's on the 1st page just because I'm one of the 1st people that comments in this thread. If I was late and the thread was already in the 2nd or 3rd or more pages, I would have still keep my comment. Never intended for misleading, but just because it's something that happen, then it's happened.

And you covered what I already said. Nothing news for me to know.

11. Jigoku Shounen

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but I'm using it cause it's the most common word. If not, something like "paying attention" to it should be more appropriate. They didn't pay attention to it anymore.
    And yeah, I'm also already guess that.

12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    My point still stands. A company that says nothing is in a better position than one that says the wrong thing

Silence is golden as they say

Although duct tape is silver :blobpopcorn_cool:

13. Jigoku Shounen

Reading List:
    Link
    *Look back to all the s**t Qidian brought to the community*......Are you sure they aren't saying anything? I'm more leaning to they just forget about that novel actually....:blobexpressionless:
    Well, I only randomly dig it up when I'm looking for examples anyway. There might be more.

Wujigege likes this.
  14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha like I said, if there had been quiet in other situations it would have helped them
    Maybe they learnt the lesson later haha
    You can contact them and offer to translate the novel, it might get their attention at least even if you are just bluffing

15. Jigoku Shounen

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl: Or at least they could have taken the same route as JP English Novel Publishers, then they wouldn't be hated as much as now.
    And man, I don't even have enough "cares" for that novel to even faking it.

Wujigege likes this.