Webnovel now selling Public Domain eBooks

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by checkm8, Aug 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    The you here is referring to the one who got scammed. Maybe it's a bit confusing, but you get the idea.

The world, again, is society. I don't know what it's like ages back, but, it is definitely as hard as ever to punish the multi-million dollar company. They can drag the case until the end of time or just simply used more money to force you to lose the case.

Killing people in plain sight and quietly killing people is the same, it's just that you know about it or not.

There is punishment for them, but it's just that it's not really effective when the whole system is rigged from the start. The company is supposed to ensure the quality of our product, but, in the end, you also needed to put time and effort into ensuring your own benefits, too.

As for being part of the scam, I don't know. I supported the authors, but I never touched the high-priced copy-pasted ebooks. If no one buys them, then they'll stop vomiting out the scam.

At the very least, don't throw insults. It is not very humane or civil, for that matter. It also lessened your persuasive impact.

2. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Where was me trying to justify it ?
    The first paragraph was sarcasm at how there's no way in hell they would even add the books there unless they sell them .
    The second paragraph was me mentioning how there are sites that right now already sell ebooks, but also mentioning that I have no actual idea on how much it costs there nor if they actually have public domain books.
    And the third paragraph was me somehow trying to figure out why they actually priced it at that price, other than the numbers looking nice

3. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not hard at all. If you don't give them money, they die. That simple. Just stop fucking enabling them and their expenses kill them. True for every single company on this planet.

You don't have to rely on courts or anything else. Just be part of the solution instead of fucking helping them.

And again. I do not respect the company, and at this point everyone on this forum has seen MULTIPLE instances of their complete lack or morals. If anyone here still purchases from them I DO insult them, because I have no respect for any of them left.

If, after all of this info has been made clear to you, you still help qidian continue to have the money to screw over our entire community, then I lose all respect for you, and consider you as human garbage that also has no morals. Because, just to have a few stories to read, you're ok with helping a crook. Which is in fact, pathetic.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Causal Reader likes this.
  4. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They priced it like that because if so much as one idiot/gullible person buys one, it covers all the costs they had to distribute it, and everything else is pure profit. Shameless and transparent attempt to scam idiots/trusting people, and we've already shown theyll get away with whatever crooked scheme they throw out so why not?

And "other people sell it" looks a lot like a justification even if you didn't intend it. However selling at a tiny price to recoup your losses on hosting it and distributing it(electricity/storage/bandwidth losses), and making a few cents of profit. Is a hell of a lot different from selling at a price literally a hundred times higher than any potential cost.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Causal Reader likes this.
  5. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess our view never met, huh? Fine, I conceded.

6. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are there still people who thinks that they're not getting enough to profit and sustain the site just by ads alone? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.