News Webnovel welcomes HJC~

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by GodBrandy, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    And that brings up the point I've been saying all these time. Why do you choose to hire people to do illegal things? I have no problem with you paying your employees. In fact, I expect you to pay your employees. My problem is, you do not have the right. You simply do not have the right to make this business. Why can't you find another business if you truly want to help people? Copywriting, online marketplace, ebook selling, or if you are really stuck on novel translations, why can't you go legit?

I don't ask you to read much. I just ask you to read the underline. The underlined texts!

Everyone in this business knows they're doing something illegal. You on the other hand keeps saying you don't care. But you want us to agree with you that you're doing something awesome.

Jaspaaar likes this.
  2. Tyrone

Tyrone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could simply type "legal precedent" on google. I even did half the work for you so you could just copy and paste it yourself since you're so lazy. And wow, you got proven wrong and you're this snarky and salty? I didn't even say anything rude to you to be honest. Well, not gonna get into a childish internet war on seeing who can one-up each other. So good day or night, wherever you are!

3. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh really? I just want to see who led you astray and what uneducated personal opinion you read that made you think it has the same meaning as 'grey area', but alright. Let's see what the actual meaning of 'legal precedent' is according to the first answer on google.

"In legal systems based on common law, a precedent, or authority, is a principle or rule established in a previous legal case that is either binding on or persuasive for a court or other tribunal when deciding subsequent cases with similar issues or facts."

None anywhere within this sentence does it say anything about having the same meaning or carrying the same context as a 'grey area'. I'm being snarky because you were being someone who don't want to lose but you couldn't back up your claims when I gave you the benefit of a doubt. Now that you realize that you can't back your claim, you decided to call me childish instead. Remember, you're the one who brought up this word when it's absolutely not relevant to the discussion at hand. Next time be wary about throwing legal terms around if you have no idea what it means.

It was a simple matter to copy-paste what you found, but you can't even do that. Who's childish now?

4. Tyrone

Tyrone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To clarify what I said, I never, in anyway, said 'grey area' was in the definition or of 'legal precedent' nor said they were exactly the same. I said, and I quote, "*NO LEGAL PRECEDENT* constitutes as "grey area" well enough in regards to the law," The words 'constitutes' and 'well enough' are important because I meant they are similar and not exactly the same, and can 'grey area' be comparable to a situation where there is *NO LEGAL PRECEDENT*. Plus, I looked at multiple links to draw a conclusion, not just the first one...

There is a reason actual law enforcement and lawyers have said "because there aren't clear legal precedents." And if you think words need to be in each others definitions to be similar... then I honestly don't know what to say.

Also to prove the fact that you have always misconstrued whatever I've said in this thread, for whatever reason; maybe you think I'm some 'enemy' you have to verbally beat down or something, but I never called you 'childish'. I said, and I quote again, "Well, not gonna get into a childish internet war on seeing who can one-up each other." Engaging in something doesn't always make that person the same nature of actions they are partaking in. Someone can do something stupid while not being wholly stupid in general. In this case, I was referring to a "childish internet war." You believed I was calling you 'childish', not me.

I just wanted to clear that up. So, let's drop this in the thread 'cause we've gone completely off topic and aren't even specifically talking about Qidian or the legal nature of translating in general or Heavenly Jewel Change. And if you truly do want to continue, then I'll be happy to private message you all the links you want referring to 'grey area' and the 'law' and how they can be connected even aside from situations with no legal precedent. So well and truly, good day and good bye!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Ai chan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.