Forgotten Title Western novel: Tom Clancy

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Okuri Ookami, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    This was the first Tom Clancy book I ever read. Tom Clancy (R.I.P) was the second novelist I read that really got me into Novels. His first books (the one I read) was the best book in my opinion and is forever etched into my mind! EXCEPT I forgot the title of the book... Its not part of the Jack Ryan universe if I remember correctly though it does a have the protagonist Jack Ryan as the lead character. Its confusing but I'm 70% sure on this...

Rainbow six is a very close second to this novel if I wasn't so loyal to first they'd probably be even.

The plot is:

Jack Ryan was injured in U.S.Marine Corp. Training camp when the helicopter he was doing drills in training camp crashed. He injured his leg and received an honorable discharge. He became an instructor at Quantico along side his best friend who happens to be black (Tom always put emphasis on these details...), JR seemed to have a side business as a stock investor (might have been a hobby). These are all details that come later though, the story starts off by him going to London with his wife and daughter(?) taking pictures and seeing the sights. While in the middle of their vacation they come across a parade for the king and queen (maybe [crowned] prince & princess) of Wales.

A series of explosions take place right in front of JR and his family (I'm pretty sure his family was in a safe location). As the car is rocked with explosions and terrorist start firing into the car trying to kill the royalty. JR uses the instructions his football coach (don't know if it was collage or high school) taught him when it came to tackling. His up ends one person sending him falling flat on his ass taking his weapon possibly killing them and the surrounding terrorist. He was shot / injured in the process and sent to a hospital. He wakes up in the hospital (nurse looked at his junk and tries to hit on him) he's given all kinds of good treatment and honors even knighted I think. Gets on good terms with the P&P then goes back to America.

JR uses his connections to find out who'd want to kill them or he's told (don't remember). Turns out its a group for the liberation of Ireland or something.

In sequence of events
    • JR joins the CIA
    • P&P come to visit
    • Both wives are pregs
    • Irish terrorist come to visit
    Long story short I need the name of this novel. Its been years since I read it and it was a library copy so I never owned it myself. I'd like to buy it on kindle so yeah...

2. aimei89

aimei89 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Patriot Games?

3. chloroform

chloroform Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    That's right! Ugh I thought it always had red in its name and I was upset when both red October (I already read) and red storm raising wasn't it. Thanks for the help