Question What’s going on with Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughter?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Danthefanokaku, Aug 26, 2018.

1. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that was problem with these fan boy.
    Wujigege has solve the problem. At least he admit that he should notified previous translator, *and he do that*.

@River82 @PinoyReader You hear that kid!! You HEAR That!!! As Asian there's thing called Manner's!! Whether the previous translator reply or not that is their problem.

Up to this point all your fan boy argument is Invalid. And shut the F up!

2. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    No need to decide, just make this exception:

If the translation is catch up with the raw, the translator is still considered active even if it is more than 30 days

3. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    its already included in NU Policy
    1. There’s an active translator for the novel. An active translator is a translator who has released at least two releases within the past 30 days OR has caught up with the latest raw chapters (the latest raw chapter must be translated within 30 days), has been translating the series for at least 30 days and has translated over 30 releases according to the raw site for the series.

Danthefanokaku likes this.
  4. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh is is already been fixed then. Last time i read, qi can poach tdg from ww because of that loophole in nu policy.

@Danthefanokaku looks like there is no problem in your condition

5. River82

River82 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no clue why you tagged me with this argument. Rudeness between fan translators on the slime project is unrelated to what's happening on the Duke's project. So once again, I really couldn't care less.

6. prongsjiisan

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok then. I said to wujigege how is it taste your own medicine. What he experience with duke daughter is same with what he do to slime translator. So yeah you couldn't criticize the other duke daughter translator because wujigege do the same thing to slime tensei translator. So you don't have rights to speak one or two thing about duke daughter other translator. You hear that you or anybody else don't have rights! All of your arguments is invalid to the core of this problem.

And I, I alone is the ones that have rights to jugde not you. All thing's that I said before is absolutely true.

For I am the only chocobo elder in this forum. No one can deny that facts.

And problem with slime translator is half solved. I don't care about duke daughter, what I care is the translator itself..

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  7. River82

River82 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that would be true if I were criticising the other translator for swooping into this project, but I'm not. I'm criticising the other Duke's translator for putting out a horrendous translation, and said I won't let fan translation drama (on another project) change which translation I'm reading.

To clear things up a bit, I'm a guy who really likes reading good translations. I'm not interested in speed, or who was there first, or how much positive karma each translator has, just quality. Djurasico littering the place with awful quality stuff. If he was putting out good quality stuff I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it not only feels machine translated, but barely edited machine translated, and that sort of stuff does put me off.

RiiRu and Danthefanokaku like this.
  8. prongsjiisan

Reading List:
    Link
    So we talk about different matters then, why didn't you tell me from the start? And why you argue with me over different matters.

See that's why I say, kids these days. Never respect their elders..

9. Danthefanokaku

Danthefanokaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it’s just a miscommunication in general. As a third party viewer to this fight as I was reading it I was also under the impression that you were supporting the newest MTL person for Common Sense, which was weird and you clearly weren’t now that I look at it again. I wouldn’t say that it’s a lack of respect, but rather a communication problem

10. turk128

turk128 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The dumping of trash translated chapters has actually prevented me from keeping up with this awesome novel (I accidentally read one of the horrible translations and thought the main transkaators had dropped the novel).

Dan, I'm totally with you on this: couldn't care less who's epenis is bigger, quality always trumps quantity.

I'm kinda pissed really, this novel was amongst the first ones that got me into reading fantranslated novels.

11. cassiel

cassiel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, one of the first novels I read and it's really unreadable now.

E.g.
    "To not make it look like he is doing something publicly as much as possible, he kept taking measures in the dark and moreover, worsened the administration state."

Who? What? Administration state? The whole novel is like this. I understand the individual words on their own but as a whole I have no idea what's going on. Dropped it immediately. I really respect the people who can still make out the story. It's no longer worth the effort for me.

12. cleesus

cleesus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So where are the "good" translations currently, I only see them around like 158 but idk if that is up to date, i see some translated up to 223