What’s your best burn in a novel

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Alexios Blake, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As the title says. As for my contribution

„Or what, do you want to comfort yourself while listening to their love making?“

Breakthrough with the Forbidden Master Chapter 165

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    theliongirl and IAmARealPleb like this.
  2. IAmARealPleb

IAmARealPleb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, for some reason I can't think of any. But if you like stuff with a lot of jokes and shameless people doing whatever they want, and saying whatever they want to, maybe try reading "Virtual World: Peerless White Emperor". Idk if my sense of humor is just that bad, but I remember laughing on almost ever chapter. I highly recommend it.

(Ah, but if you want to read something that has a consistent plot and makes sense...this probably isn't for you)

3. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no I’m not searching for novels. I was just reading the raws saw the line above and laughed my ass of so I wanted to share it. But thanks for the commendation.

4. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maths.png

Napelynn likes this.
  5. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read lots and lots of good ones but most of my favorites are untranslated. Here's one that I find particularly memorable between the protagonist and main villain.

Zhang Sheng lit a cigarette, "When I lose, there is always someone to support me and to protect me, there is always someone to be beside me and to follow me. And you? There has never been any room in your heart for another person. In the past you were a lone individual, and in the future you will remain a lone individual; this will never change. As a lone individual, when you're at the very top, you will have slaves and hangers on to order about. But once you are driven from the seat of power, your fate will be worse than that of a dog."

He leisurely released a puff of smoke, and it wafted around his face, obscuring his features, "Xu Haisheng, the outcome has been determined. I will leave the country and to begin my new life. My road has just begun, but your road has come to an end. Our game of chess has been completed, the living will live and the dying will die. Let us each follow our fate to the very end!"

SylviaViolet likes this.
  6. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol there are so many from basically all my favourite series, but these are just the ones I can find off the top of my head:

Chen Yue Zhi Yao V4C6:
    “Ah, girls? Hm? There are indeed girls that come to talk to me, but what about it?”
    “I don’t know how to deal with it…”
    “Ah, isn’t it just chatting? What’s so hard about it?”
    “Can you call it chatting if she asks you whether you liked the scarf she gave last time and you reply that the beasts in Void District 2 are very cute?”

Case Book V3C4:
    “Bearing too many grudges will stunt your growth.”
    “There is no such theory.” Li Zi Hong appraised their similar heights and raised a brow. “If there was, would you count as tall or short?”

Fu Xing Dong Lai V1SS2:
    Momiji: Yeah. This brings up memories of my thirteenth boyfriend, who opened a ramen shop in Kyushu. But although he kept up a ramen shop, his little guy couldn’t be kept up for long…
    ---
    Lan Qi: You truly can’t judge a person by their appearance. You don’t seem like you have such a heavy taste.
    Flora: That’s not surprising. If you look at her hard drive, you’ll know that she has a heavy taste.

Fu Xing Dong Lai V3C1:
    “Why are you using this formula?”
    “I-I can’t?”
    “If your objective is to find the incorrect answer, of course you can.”
    ---
    “Don’t say such stupid things – having one idiot here in charge of being dumb is already enough,” Dan Juan coldly stated.
    “Are you talking about me?!” Fu Xing unhappily huffed.
    “Oh, congratulations. That is the first correct answer you’ve given so far.”
    ---
    Then she spoke to Dan Juan’s right hand, “Ah, hello, thanks for your hard work.”
    “What are you doing?”
    “I’m greeting Dan Juan’s lifetime girlfriend.”

SylviaViolet likes this.
  7. Neveah

Neveah New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll use an example from The Remarried Empress (don't know the novel chapter, but it is manhwa chapter 65).

(Sovieshu basically tells his wife, Navier, he will shoot down all messenger birds that go near her window to prevent her from conversing with her male penpal. Keep in mind he is a cheating scumbag and is planning to divorce Navier, which she knows about and is secretly preparing for this event.)
    Navier: *scoffs* I don't understand why Your Majesty is acting this way. I don't think it's any business of yours who I exchange letters with.
    Sovieshu: I'm your husband.
    Navier: But you aren't my lover.

SylviaViolet likes this.
  8. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From iron ladies...

Young master: do you know who my father is?
    MC: someone who has a bitchass son.

9. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Which novel is this? I just have to read this one. The characters seem hilarious.

10. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh My God! Earthlings are Insane!

SylviaViolet likes this.
  11. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    How do so many people remember quotes so easily?! I'm trying to think of one, but it's so hard! How do you know those quotes off the top of your head?! Invested reader?