Discussion What’s your trick to getting to sleep?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by akki, Jul 7, 2018.

1. iafozzac

iafozzac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alcohol
    Fapping helps too

But usually I'm so tired at the end of the day that I just need to hit the bed to fall asleep

...sometimes still dressed up and over the sheets

2. Ars Nova

Ars Nova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't even have fixed time for sleep anymore since I'm so busy nowadays. Life threw my sleep routine into the trashbin :blobsweat_2:

I don't even have to think about sleeping to fall asleep lol. It's always in this order :

I'm doing something above my bed > I feel really tired > reflexively took off my glasses and lay down for a bit > Eh wait it's morning already..... :blobastonished::blobdizzy:

akki likes this.
  3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on tolerances here too, or maybe there's a SAN bar I didn't know about, but after a while white noise ends up resolving itself into music I've heard over the last few days. So I end up with a lot of looping church music early in the week, then regional Mexican music on some days, and annoying pop music on others.

4. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

All radio station do that at least in my location. I already tried.

5. Zelphi

Zelphi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see a lot of people mention caffeine or alcohol but I hear/read that lightens the quality of sleep you get.

Although it's really not by preference, I find you can really fall asleep if you exhaust yourself mentally (as an introvert or working with customer service), physically (exercise or any type of work that requires moving a lot), or both (hello, customer service).

Aside from those, you could always try to read something that doesn't interest you like a textbook or a book from a genre you don't care for. If it fails, you'll still have gained something from it if you make it to the end.

There's also sleeping with a mattress protector/topper, in a cold room with the lights off, and with a comfy blanket around you. I also hear weighted blankets do wonders for those with ADHD, anxiety, or stress.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  6. Renaxan

Renaxan [Ero Culture Enthusiast]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have same problem in years.
    Now i just need sleep 3 hours or so and im already. Well probably bad for my health.

7. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was hard for me to get to sleep after my ex gf betrayed me but when I started taking fish oil supplement and exercising, I fall asleep immediately after dinner.

8. Spook_

Spook_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know how unique it is but if I ever have trouble sleeping I just put on some old radio shows on my phone and let them play at a low volume throughout the night. There are several sites that have 24/7 streams for random shows so I don't even have to worry about queuing up the next episode or getting stuck on picking what to listen to next. Usually I just listen to comedy shows but there's other stuff like sci-fi or mystery stories too if I'm in the mood for it. For anyone curious as to what I mean by old radio shows it would be stuff like this:

mir likes this.
  9. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably avoiding too much stress

10. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a bit hard, don't you think?

11. TakenAway

TakenAway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A healthy person wouldn't : drink alcohol, drink caffeine, eat within 3 hours of bedtime, have long exposure of blue light (PC / Smart Devices).
    At least that's what I get from watching Doctor Mike's video about sleeping tips anyways.

That being said, normally I'll just play some calm music while attempting to cover my eyes in the dark.
    With all my overtime work, I currently require some sleep aid medication.
    I have to be careful otherwise the rebound insomnia and dependence will hurt me -_-

akki likes this.
  12. Abox

Abox ☆Havek's Lil' Kitten☆ {Rea's Slave} |Bielt's Wife|

Reading List:
    Link
    I stay awake till I pass out

13. bbctheory84

bbctheory84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally do exercise before sleeping and also run meditation music in the background

akki likes this.
  14. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I get too lazy for exercise in the evening. Especially some nights when I eat a bit late. I should change that habit.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  15. bbctheory84

bbctheory84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to have a similar problem due to depression. I found that for me that I didnt have enough vitatimn d and so I take supplements for it. Ever since I started dieting and taking care of health, I've found falling asleep easy and my depression is gone.

mir likes this.