Discussion What’s your trick to staying awake?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by akki, Jul 8, 2018.

1. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Make yourself busy, just sleep for 2 hours today and I am not feelings sleepy at all

2. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    drink anything was useless, it never keep me stay awake, music done a pretty good job though. If it was something boring like doing a homework or project, unless I have friend to accompany me, its hard to not fall asleep, but when it comes to games, watching something (including 'research'), even wrote stories... I'm batman. :blob_sunglasses:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  3. Moonxious

Moonxious 「We of the Moon Race greets you all.」『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've tried washing my face with a warm water and then switched to cold water in an instant. and do it again, or I just reversed the order.. feels good for me..
    you can try it dudes..

akki likes this.
  4. mem

mem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm more or less dependant on willpower in this matter so i dont really have a good trick or tip for fast effect. Put yourself in situations that REQUIRE your will to stand strong and you'll become strong if you survive.

akki likes this.
  5. Laraenna

Laraenna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Drinking cold drinks and eating powdered milk. Well that works for me..

akki likes this.
  6. SaltatorMortis

SaltatorMortis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the biggest secret to staying awake is SLEEP!!!
    i mean this serius, take Naps during the whole day i think this is called then übermann sleep in its extremest form.
    6 20 min naps spread over the whole day. results in 2h of sleep, in my opinion its only shorttime sustainable
    my goto sleep rhythm was 1,5 hours sleep with 5-4 20 (or 3-4 30) min long naps

7. novalance

novalance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take a power nap for about 10-15 minutes... It does work better than using caffeine just taking that short time to rest and get your brain resorted and regain your concentration.

8. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you sure asked that at the right place.

Here are a few ways along with their intensity.

Take a bath. Vanquish sleepiness for minimum of one to two hours. Can even work when you haven't been sleeping for three days.

Loud Music. Actually it's really a thought killer. With this, you may be sleepy, but you sure wouldn't think of it, because you try to entertain the thought, the loud music brings you back real quick. It is effective for one to two hours, note that continuously hearing loud music can damage your hearing ability, so don't normally listen to it for more than twenty minutes.

Heated Discussion/Argument/Fight. Here what happens is, your mind is instantly recharged with excitement or nervousness, you start thinking or warming up and that's really the opposite of sleep. After a good mental workout of this kind, I would say that you can be awake for as long as 6+ hours after it.

Eating apples, and drinking cold water. Apples work a lot better than caffeine. And cold water needs to get warm inside you and that buys you some time. Note that eating a good meal will only make you more sleepy, that's one of the primal instincts where they say eat, drink, sleep and repeat.

Note that nothing would really work unless you have something that needs to be done or something that's exciting. Because if you have nothing to do, your mind would be free, and that's the recipe of sleep. So make sure you have your good books ready, or your favourite movie downloaded, or that game loaded, because you should be counting on them.

Additionally when it gets really unbearable, tire yourself out physically. But just so you know, that would only make the sleepiness a lot more intense when it does get back. You see, when you work out a little, your blood will start getting warm. And you won't be sleepy anymore. But that would only be as long as your blood remains warm, unless you can keep working out, it will start getting back to its normal temperature. And then the sleepiness would return,neither far greater intensity, because when you are tired, either physically or mentally, you get really sleepy.

Also note that when you are consciously thinking of 'Not Sleeping', that would only be making it harder for yourself. For eg, try not to think of your father. Well, you most probably did. The trick is to indulge in something else, ignoring the thoughts of it entirely, and just focus.

Another thing that really works is, distribute the sleep and not sleep all at once. So sleep for one to two hours and then wake up, through alarms or whatever. Then sleep for one hour again after three to four hours of staying awake. And you would only be sleeping for three to four hours a day. Note that you should be at least getting six to eight hours sleep a day according to your age and health.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    akki likes this.
  9. Random lurker

Random lurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hm ~ let see
    don't stay in the same place for too long
    exercise
    wash your face
    horror short movie
    panic monster reminding you on your delayed task

akki likes this.
  10. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    Do something that stimulates adrenaline

11. Dawngawser

Dawngawser Something something

Reading List:
    Link
    Bite ur tongue.
    You'll never sleep then.
    Or stab urself with a pen. It hurts.

12. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Watch Crank and Crank 2.

Edit: For inspiration.

Disgusting and akki like this.
  13. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    killing boredom

14. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Coffee on empty stomach. Wasn't pleasant but it works. Although you should still sleep an hour if you got hit with the microsleep.

15. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Being awake. I mean seriously, I naturally have hard time sleeping and with my slight fear of before sleeping.

16. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    No tricks. I just stay awake not being able to sleep even when I want nowadays.

17. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Coffee, Mountain Dew and Red Bull.

18. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Pure will power. Staying on your feet also helps~

19. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing is to fap since vigor can actually help in stimulating the brain to stay awake. Relieving your dark history can help(Note: its highly recommended only for serious dires) and willpower usually goes well if you have motivation backing it up.

20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    take a bath~ with cold water no matter how cold da weather~
    bite your tongue~
    keep working~ worst case you will finish thing while half a sleep~