What anime u regret watching?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Asra_110, Mar 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    Toradora
    I honestly felt that all those love triangles and drama were unnecessary. The characters were impulsive and dramatic too. I only liked MC's mom cause she was the most straightforward. Can't decipher how others liked that. I wanted to drop after 6/7 episodes but only finished watching cause I was binge watching it together with my sister.

Brothers Conflict
    It was my first time watching reverse harem and I picked an awful one. I HATED the FL there! Couldn't figure out how her brain worked. The pseudo incest triggered me too. Later got to know that she was something called a "White Lotuse". I actually don't mind reverse harem now as long as the FL is cool but that one was traumatic.

2. amilhs

amilhs Moon Walker

Reading List:
    Link
    School Days

Hentai is anime~ ya know~?xD

3. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Scum's Wish. The premise fooled me bc I thought it was a fluffy romance story (you know those fake relationship trope that's used in a lot of comedy romance webnovels) so yeah

4. NirvEND

NirvEND That time my NUFfamily started a cult&caused chaos

Reading List:
    Link
    Back before and a few years after HS I made time to watch.. every anime subbed every season.

I can't recall the worst but I do know 'Strike Witches' was up there for bad in so SO many ways.
    Just giving the first episode enough time to explain the 'world setting' and then through the intro... It's dumb is all I got.

So I can agree watching it anytime in the late 00's or after makes the series kind of moot to watch in a lot of ways. A LOT of the story was in related small novels, web post and small circulation of CD's. it was also following in the steps of Ghost in the Shell and similar cyberpunk series but on a much shorter deadline (13 episodes)
    Series like Texhnolyze and Ergo Proxy focus more on their story than the thought provoking issues they face in their dystopian settings..

The anime does not go out of it's way to explain how a lot of entities in the story connect.
    TL;DR - Scientist works on human connected consciousness project called 'The Wired' (alt-internet) but wants to manipulate/upload people to it fully. Dude off's himself to become digital god, digital god gets created and physically manifest (lain) through the altered perception of reality that takes place throughout the series.

It took the idea of personal identity and reality into a philosophical avenue without directly posing the questions the series presented.

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Eiri_Masami#:~:text=Eiri Masami is the main,Kirk Thornton in English dub.

The main 'bad guy's' biography on that page does a lot of surface level explanation of the stories progression

5. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Jujutsu Kaisen coz I expected 8.7 as rated, but got one of the most generic shonen anime.

GlueGod likes this.
  6. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 3 main appeals to this anime/vn: atmosphere and symbolism... throw in Lain herself because... why not?
    Understanding the plot of Lain is optional, because it transcends normal narrative. You don't need to know the whys or whats of certain events, as long as you have an idea of the concept behind it. Though these certain "ideas" may not be so apparent early on, as you progress with the episodes/chapters, you slowly see the picture, even if you still don't understand the plot.
    Eiri didn't create the wired, but he was a big part of its creation. Also, it's not that Eiri wants to upload people into the wired, it's that he wants to merge reality with the wired.

Also, just gonna further explain what Lain is. Lain is the physical manifestation of the collective consciousness of humanity. The reason why she's perceieved as God is because she holds humanity's perception of reality. She's the ultimate symbolism for what a "God" is in religion; the product of people's collective belief, and said belief says that product made all people.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  7. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    I regret watching plenty of adaptations or originals , like a ton

Usually because of these reasons in general
    - Expectations not met
    - That one super important sentence not worded the same way
    - Animation is shit , art is shit , voice acting is shit
    - Not able to keep / preserve the original art style and change it to a generic or badly done version
    - Cut out stuff , that's very important and never mentioned in the anime ever again --> Generates plot holes
    - World , Character building lost
    - Character growth contradicts source material version and reasons
    - Interpretation of characters change not conforming to the better source material
    - Anime is slower then manga / Light novels , feels dragged out
    - Too much filler that's not interesting

That's about all I can think about right now

8. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This very thread.

Deleted member 349329 likes this.
  9. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched it when I was 12 and ended up crying for like an hour because of how sad I felt...I don't enjoy tragedy. Also Shiki cuz the ending made me feel sad/empty/pointless/hopeless. Any SAD thing, I try to avoid.

Deleted member 343051 likes this.
  10. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Boku no pico... I was still a foolish little one then who didn't know that cursed stuff like that could exist

hungry_cultivator likes this.
  11. GlueGod

GlueGod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to think he didn't die and that he was under the haystack to the rest of his life with CC - that way its ok

Deleted member 343051 likes this.
  12. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn Clannad!

Have you guessed I don't like getting sucked in by happy cozy times and then it going to shit?

Konosuba. I found the anime entertaining (got used to piercing voice actresses) and couldn't get into the light novels later. At all.

Negima aborted attempts at anime. It hurt seeing the manga's greatness be butchered, couldn't take trying another one.

Grimgar- because it hooked me on novels and the farther you go the worse things are for the party (the whole lost thing isn't even nearly the worst seeing as Ranta split away on bad terms, Shihoru is turned into a semi docile monster, Mary dies and is "revived" etc). And then there's salt on the wound all this is set in the same world another guy is doing great in and has cliche harem. Also that other predecessors caused locals to curse summoned people.

Toriko - it really shouldn't have been made for kids. Manga starts with Toriko smoking some kind of natural cigar wood, fights are bloody and later charas lose more of their body mass or die gruesomely (ot even get eaten by their opponent), the plot was changed in a crap direction,.....

13. Skyreader

Skyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko.

Started watching because I like sci-fi. Disappointed because sci-fi aspect is barely used.

This too. IDK, nothing really hook me beside the setting. But i kept watching to see if something interest me. I kept watching until finished but i didnt feel anything special. Not that good and not that bad, and very forgettable. I'd say its a very mid show.

anon likes this.
  14. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    EXACTLY! For a show to have such an interesting premise and to be so forgettable and unassuming at the same time is jarring. Also, from the first episode, having a character with a ginger afro just looked really weird to me.

15. Blossom_Honey

Blossom_Honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yuri on Ice: was assured it was not shounen-ai (spoiler alert: it was)

Darker than Black: No idea what that show was about and what the plot was (didn't even understand what was all that about the gates and stuff). Saw so many recommendations of it but it just felt like a mass of filler. Wasted so much time.

Paranoia Agent: didn't really get the symbolism and the plot.

Higurashi: concept interesting but it was too long-winded for me to stick through. Had to look up the Wikipedia page to understand what was going on and dropped after ~1 season because I got bored.

Full metal Alchemist (not Brotherhood version): didn't realise it was a separate series. I thought the ending was grim but cool at first as an edgy teen but now I realise they really messed up everything.

SAO: no explanation needed

16. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Erased... it's a roller coaster of episodes for me... I don't want to watch the next episode but I need to see if the mc saved her...

17. Bunga Kantan

Bunga Kantan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World). I finished it for the sake of finishing it and I remember feeling nauseous when watching it...it left an impact and it's not a good impact...

18. vithc

vithc eternity's nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Hitorijime My Hero, how I managed to finish that is beyond me

19. All novels god

All novels god Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like villain mc so I hate the rising of the shield hero that fucker just when I thought he was a bad guy(at least bad) then he suddenly goes back to his kind guy kuuh! It pisses me off I felt like throwing the phone out of building from the frustration

seemanta likes this.
  20. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    Akame ga kill. I hate sad endings

anon likes this.