Question What Are The Differences In Novel & TV Versions of ZeTianJi?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Eishun, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished watching the TV version of Ze Tian Ji. But while there were good parts, it didn't live up to its reputation as a popular cultivation novel. The TV world of Ze Tian Ji wasn't immersive at all. The characters were spouting off cool-sounding names of various cultivation levels but I didn't really gain an insight into the world of Ze Tian Ji.

So are there any differences between the novel version and the TV production? And if so, what are they? I don't mind spoilers so lay it on thick. Also, please let me know if cultivation levels are explained at all in the novel version.

2. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    The TV version of " Everlasting Immortal Firmament " was so horrendous ... I deleted the entire series based on how crass the humour seemed to be ... The first episode was my last episode... I don't know much about Zi Tian Ji ... ask @Lonelycity

bleh360 likes this.
  3. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga generally has some differences from novel. Obviouslly, the TV show will be with much more differences.

4. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't seen or read what you're referencing, but... As a general rule, novels have much more time to flesh out characters and the world itself than TV, which relies mostly on visuals to convey information as they only have so much time to fit in the main plotline. Thus, details... you may as well forget them.

5. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If a manhua can fuck up a great series(most manhuas actually, makes me punch a wall in anger when they literally change everything except the names and main plotline like The Great Conqueror. The only manhua that is not utterly shit and enjoyable is DD2 and SYWZ while DD1 manhua was shit) how not a tv series short on time and budget. The King's Avatar was the only good good chinese novel I watched.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  6. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What’s zi Tian ji ?

7. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know which density are you 3rd or 4th? or are you created??

8. DSYS

DSYS Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I briefly watched the 1st episode and gave up promptly.
    The characters deviate too far from the novel, e.g.
    the teacher not suppose to pay too much attention the MC, as he is only using MC as a tool to achieve his devious goal of overthrowing the Empress.

Also, the feminine appearance of the MC is a turn-off for me.

I recommend the Anime though.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  9. DSYS

DSYS Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ze Tian Ji aka Way of choices

10. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlord is a lot better as an anime then as a long winded novel, it cuts plenty of crap short.

11. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    obv they will not beable to cram 2000 chapters into 60 45mins episode....no one can do that without cutting and when u cut, you have to make changes so plotholes dont appear

iirc there were some romance/love interests that was changed as in the tv show, all the main male leads had a female lead for them at the very start and one of the female leads character was changed drastically.

one unimportant side character also became a very important lead character in the show.

there are more but these are all i can remember...it's enough to turn people who love the novel away from the show imo

12. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    there are exceptions. I still like the lotr movies better than the books, for instance.

Jojo775 likes this.
  13. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so the MC's teacher in the novel was supposed to be one of the bad guys?

14. DSYS

DSYS Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depend on how you define good or bad. But MC's teacher has little love for MC.

15. bleh360

bleh360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG YASSS ever since i saw the cover of ze tian ji i have been disappoint with the MC design!

First of all i feel a lack of visuals in ze tian ji translation because the image in my head of mc has always been a blad looking monk with some yellow robes. Sort of like Krillin from Dragon Ball or Eleven in the first season of Stranger Things at the most if on the prettier side.

I dont know why i got this impression but i think its cause they never mention him being strikingly gorgeous!!! So its literally not a thing!!

Also next time put a spoiler dude i totally didnt know that!!!

16. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes. the teacher is one of the main "bad guy". he is the one who kidnapped mc as a baby.

that said there aren't really any "bad guys" in the novel. it's a huge power struggle and they all have their own agendas. nobody is trying to destroy the world or hurt people, they just want to be king..