Recommendations What are you currently reading and enjoying...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Kezzalm, Jul 22, 2022.

1. xLia

xLia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a lot of fantasy, action (no romance) so I'll put some novels that I recommend or that I'll read, check the novel in korean for more informations ^-^

— The count's youngest son is a warlock (백작가 도련님은 흑마법사) (completed)
    → I love this novel.

Synopsis : The Count of Chronia’s youngest son became a warlock to live.

— Academy's Undercover professor (아카데미에 위장취업당했다)
    → I recommend it

Synopsis : I wasn’t reborn with talent or ability, but at least my knowledge from earth allowed me to stay one step ahead in this other world.

Magic exists here, and new progress was rapidly being made in science while magic stagnated in the name of tradition. Using my earthly knowledge and not bound by the traditional thinking, I was able to do things other wizards couldn’t even imagine.

Still, inadvertently becoming an undercover professor for a mysterious secret society at the renowned Theorn academy was never in my to-do list!

— School Life Pretending to be a worthless person (페름 인 척했던 학교 생활)
    → the beginning is slow but it's really worth the reading, seems to have a bit of romance

Synopsis : The synopsis is too long =)

— I'm not that kind of talent (저 그런 인재 아닙니다)
    → not read yet, the synopsis caught my attention, 9.4 on naver

Synopsis : A talented person who is welcomed everywhere and trusted by countless people... no !

An undisputed blood-crazed battle maniac! However, he is usually gentle and generous, and he is a great boss and subordinate who is not picky about dealing with him at all !
    As I am known, I am, in fact, a very weak person who struggles with daily life, let alone combat.

I vomited blood because of excessive stress, vomited blood in surprise, vomited blood because I was a little shocked, and just vomited blood....

No, by this time, everyone will know that I am weak, but for some reason they misunderstand me more strangely.
    So... I used to be strong, but I'm still strong, but for some reason my body broke and I couldn't improve my skills 100 % because of that ? My body can't stand it ?
    Even the reason...

— Winterbell (윈터벨)(completed)
    → I'm still at the first chapters but it's pretty good

Synopsis : Seherbian Winter Bell, the guardian dragon of winter.

He is the world's adjuster with the mission of the great 'Bell' and the dragon that brings winter. But now he has not even the slightest thought to faithfully fulfill his sacred duty. The only thing that comes back after working hard is fear and curse. The world where winter has disappeared like this is now starting to look for winter again. Suffering from severe lethargy, he eventually gets up at the following requests.

"Hey, it's annoying......"

Edit : I finished Winterbell and it was indeed a good novel, even though the end was quite sad ( ╥ω╥ )

After "I'm not that kind of talent" got a manhwa adaptation, I decided to read the manhwa first and I love it. So I continued with the novel but I would recommend to read it from the beginning since the manhwa doesn't exactly follow the novel.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  2. Kezzalm

Kezzalm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    now reading The Village Girl who jinxes here husband is filthy rich

Synopsis
    Lin Xinlan, who possessed both spatial and wood manipulation abilities, was betrayed by her boyfriend and best friend. They had drugged her and sent her to a laboratory to become a test specimen all for the sake of a month’s worth of food supply. Having suffered both physical and mental torture, she chose to self-destruct, taking the lab researchers down with her! When she woke up again, she found herself in another era as a twelve-year-old girl named Lin Yuelan.When Lin Yuelan was nine years old, a Taoist who had been begging for water asserted that she would grow up to jinx her husband! Rumors spread and the assertion of her jinxing her husband turned into jinxing her parents, to her relatives, then her friends, and eventually she was said to be a jinx of the world. Her grandparents, uncles, and awful relatives were terrified of being jinxed to death, so they resolutely severed ties with nine-year-old Lin Yuelan. They removed her from the family register and made her live on her own. Her foolish father had obeyed the clan’s wishes, her mother was a crying mess, and her siblings couldn’t do anything to help. Being separated from the family at nine years old, she was given a shabby and shaky little hut, one paddy field, and two dry fields as severance compensation. From then on, the Lin family had nothing to do with Lin Yuelan, and Lin Yuelan became a girl with no background. She warily reached the age of twelve, but accidentally offended the village’s bully. The bully’s comrade eventually beat her to death, and that allowed Lin Xinlan to transmigrate onto her.

3. Ash_Kira

Ash_Kira I find a unique taste in savoring Dazai's knives

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently Reading: The Return of The Lord God
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-return-of-the-lord-god/

Synopsis
    In his quest to reverse time and space to save his fallen kingdom, the fallen prince, Bai Lixin, was bound to a dimensional system and became the host to an artificial intelligence called S419M.

From then on, he lived the life of the wind; world-hopping, constantly changing faces and blackening in seconds.

Ancient, modern, future and post-apocalyptic worlds, mecha, blood battles, gods and demons, immortals….his mental power was becoming more and more powerful, and he was on the verge of achieving the condition for reversing time and space.

But unexpectedly, he triggered a hidden God-level mission: The Return of the Lord God!

He had to complete this mandatory mission before he could return to his original world! If he knew how it was triggered, he would have avoided it!