Discussion What did think you were when you were very² young?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sawanara murasaki, Jul 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    As the title said, well~
    Me as a young child of age 4, kept telling myself that I was a God but at that time I haven't been introduced to the word God yet. Whenever I thought about dying and life and the end of the world, I thought that if I died the world together with the humans and every living organisms in this world would die. I also thought that I was different because everything I'd seen were the activities which moved or happened because I thought so; I organized humans life:blobcatcop:

I don't know why I thought that way though:blob_coffee:

How about you guys? Ya, I know that most young children thought they were God and the only human and some/most of you guys also thought the same way I did:blobtaco:

2. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A slave to this thing called "school" where they make you get up at ungodly hours, keep you penned up in a room where you can't leave for 8 hours and get your head stuffed with all the "slave" knowledge so that you can be used to construct the pyramid called "society" under the orders of slavedrivers called "government" and "bosses".

3. Arkantos

Arkantos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering I had asthma I don't think I thought I was god since I could hardly breathe. The only thing I remember from that period is my 4th birthday and that's it.

felidormit and imK like this.
  4. Number One Dumpling

Number One Dumpling 『Mrs. Bread's』『hibernating』

Reading List:
    Link
    I am honestly surprised you are all willing to remember your childhood memories. I had long buried my dark past in an ancient chest to keep me sane at night. But I do have some recollections about how i thought of defeating evil, especially the "demon king" so i can replace him and conquer his throne. Yes, the me in the past thought i can become the demon king. Cartoons corrupted me at a very young age.

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    not really remember~
    let see~
    there was time this cat thought this cat will die as kitten cuz before 5 years old this cat frequently went to hospital and clinic for various medical check up to point till this day hospital is no go zone~
    not understand the concept of birthday party~ think this cat was researcher or archaeologist~ there was time this cat slowly destroy a rock with small hammer pretend on excavation site and clean it with brush~ it normal to use fist on brawl between boys and girls cuz everybody did it~
    oh it just normal child wait this cat never enjoy hmm norms role playing such as family play, house play, hero play~
    wut you never play it? da heck you done on childhood?

DeAlifia likes this.
  6. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    I always believed I would have a great impact on the world, but then.. I started reading manga then novels and eventually transformed into a nuffian and hence, severed my path to greatness and embarked on the path of laziness :sleep:

Vanidor, imK and Fulminata like this.
  7. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember repeatedly jumping off the bed and flapping my arms trying to fly. On one of the jumps there was a feeling that I partially succeeded(though was probably me getting lightheaded or something). After not being able to replicate it I "reasoned" that everyone is given one chance to learn to fly and I blew it by losing my concentration and falling to the ground when I succeeded.

Ruyi and Sawanara murasaki like this.
  8. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had zero interest in life. I just imitated what children should do. Yeah, never had any thoughts about myself. Never knew much about my surroundings and I never bothered too.

felidormit likes this.
  9. 01

01 [REDACTED]

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was 6 or 5, I thought that I have supernatural power because when I walk in front of my TV the image become statics.

10. BlaBla013

BlaBla013 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i have a thing called Visual snow, so for a while i thought i could see magic/atoms/energy
    also had a weird ocd, for example, a fly landing on someone's nose, i would go crazy until he scratched that fly off, so i thought i was some sort of "god" for being able to feel others feeling
    being 5 was wild

11. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I never believed in Santa. I think it was because my parents never tried to make me think he's real. Ironically, I never believed in Jesus like they wanted me to either.

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  12. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have quite a vivid memory of being 5-6 y/o and thinking that I had the superpower of seeing through objects.

Spoiler: I could see through objects cuz whatever the object was, I only made it cover one of my eyes.

Ruyi likes this.
  13. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's see, what I remember about my kindergarten age - I believed I was older than my mom at some unspecified "before" time. I didn't have self-awareness of my sex, which is kinda hard to explain. I thought I had an equal chance of growing up a man or a woman and it didn't matter which. The lack of pp didn't really register, lol.

14. Ginko Biloba

Ginko Biloba [♤Blackjack Sect Mascot♤] [☆100MB SPAMMER☆]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that young, it started maybe when I wass around 7......I believed I could become a super saiyan if I mustered up my inner strength.......

15. AQZ

AQZ 《[re]tired frog》

Reading List:
    Link
    baby could come out from anywhere so I thought armpits, like a hole opens in ur pits and a baby pops out

watermelons grow in ur stomach

if u swallowed gum there were tiny being inside u that played ball w it

16. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought everyone shared the same thoughts and feelings as me, or similar. When I realized one day that different people have different thoughts and even their own entire private worlds inside their heads, it was shocking. I felt like I’d lost my grip on what was “reality” and landed in a world full of “strangers.”

I also had an irrational fear of death, because I reasoned we’d just disappear or end up invisible and drift off into the darkness of space until we ended up unheard and forgotten forever. Sometimes I’d dream I was already “lost in space”, with nothing but stars and black skies as far as the eye could see, and wake up cold and terrified.

17. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believed wrestling was real.

18. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Being a kid is tough, Kids are ruthless and so mean, so I learned that as long as I'm not at the bottom of the pack then I'll be fine. My childhood is pretty fun, I also have some episodes of solipsism syndrome like yours, then I realize that it's the complete opposite and my actions and choices don't revolved around me, but to my peers and the people around me. I want to look and smell good so I can be accepted easily. I study so they won't laugh at me. I'm your typical cool kid, so i guess my childhood is pretty average.