Discussion What do you prefer? Regression, Transmigration or Reincarnation.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Reinhardt, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Tarawa

Tarawa [Clubs] [Zam!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigration, its like a reincarnation with a time skip button.. but some sadistic writer love to throw transmigrator into a shitty situation

Reinhardt likes this.
  2. Crabbylioness

Crabbylioness Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just fascinated at the trend. It's an interesting response to the end of the frontier.

mir and Reinhardt like this.
  3. Hassan-i Sabbah

Hassan-i Sabbah Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigration for adventure. Regression for revenge. All are stellar.

Reinhardt likes this.
  4. Coldxfire

Coldxfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a tough choice but I would like regression since I would have a chance to rethink my decisions and move on towards a better path and it would be my own body so I wouldn't have to deal with other people's obsessions or their wishes.

Reinhardt likes this.
  5. Fellyciach

Fellyciach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, probably reincarnation. Transmigration story tends to have tons of plot holes tbh. Hahaha... What do you think about combining the 3 of them by the way?

mir and Reinhardt like this.
  6. bcj

bcj Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an OP lover, and that tends to follow the transmigrators. I do like transmigration through reincarnation stories, but they're not as easy to find, and regression stories tend to focus so much on a horrible start that I have to be ready for wallowing in murky topics to start one.
    For myself, I'm not sure what story I'd rather live through. They all have their bads and their goods.

7. Rayexa123

Rayexa123 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation but to have my memories from my past life

8. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    if i can choose, i want to experience all but regression will come first, I want to regress my now life to see if I can change it the other way, I want reincarnation to see the world I will be living in next if its same old earth then I can go die again and transmit to another world to live or to die, life will decide for me

9. Novel Monster

Novel Monster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly, I don't like it when it's about a stupid reason like failing to upgrade a weapon in game and turning into a beggar, like who in their right mind would bring this person who's only goal is to surround himself with beauties, slap faces left and right and just laugh at those who used their talents in their previous time to get to the top? Second, "there were no ifs", life is about advancing, not about all the small mistakes you've ever done in your "measly" little life which you can now magically make right. You have to work hard for it, so that it counts. That's why I don't like regression stories without world ends. E.g. for good stories: Becoming The Villain's Family, Doom Breaker, etc.

Many had already said it before me. Transmigration is unfair to the original body. All the achievements, glory, love and adoration is for the MC in the body, not for the original body's host. They just disappeared. They're one of the most tragic people in the story, but they are only mentioned in the first few chapters, after that they are non-existent.
    If there is really something about souls, becoming someone entirely different by reincarnating is not as drastic as transmigration.
    Though souls may be similar, I like to think of them as little babies, whose surroundings make them either adapt or die, but they have to be desperate enough. Everyone is different and have different limits from the start, have differing quirks and some have special interests. Though they would reincarnate and everything would be a clean slate, the paper would still be the same old paper on which life would etch and erase the present and past again and again.

"Sometimes it would leave a big patch but it wouldn't soak into its fibers.
    A small graze could rip the fabric but it would heal itself.

Repeating this endless cycle, the paper would toughen up,
    and not even the sharpest weapon could leave a scratch on it."

It's not your possessions, family, or anything else that makes you "YOU". But what is really inside. By how stubborn you can be, how flexible you're in situations, how you interpret the world, and how you face the challenges life throws at you. Reincarnation is just another kind of cultivation of the soul in my opinion.

mir likes this.
  10. Deleted member 526888

Deleted member 526888 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Regression. People tend to do better their second time around rather than their first. I like seeing the self-awareness that comes with correcting mistakes.

mir likes this.
  11. One Perfect Veteran

One Perfect Veteran [ICL] [Bureaucat] [Cereal Killer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too! I hate the body stealing guilt... it is so bothersome!