What do you think is the weirdest thing about you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Napelynn, May 14, 2021.

?

Are you weird?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno~
    I have variety of minor weird or random skills, but nothing major.

Weirdest thing for normal ppl about me is my love for reading I guess.

I have to force myself to sleep because I either cant keep eyes open anymore so I cant pay attention or have to at least sleep 3 hours to be awake to work next day...

I also read while driving if road is straight.

And in pretty much every other situation where I can get away with it -.-

2. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think I’m that weird tbh . But I can bend my nails that’s actually really bad though since it means your nails are really weak .

3. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    My nails are supposedly very good~
    That must mean very strong and manly \o/

Bobasis likes this.
  4. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tell people about harmless lies/jokes.

Then they don't believe me when I seriously say something true ( I don't mess around when doing so means prolonging work hours or causing damage or really poking someone's nerves). The impression is there to last with people who know me, so no reason changing that up.

I got no indoor volume, except when I am in a publically available indoors space like library, college buildings, churches,... and then people can't hear me well even being right next to me and frequently ask me to repeat myself.

Apparently I stalk(?), walk real quiet. I had multiple incidents where people would be scared shitless out of nowhere after noticing I happen to walk in the same direction, but am somewhere behind.

Example, middle of the day, exiting class with schoolmates. Saw a girl in the crowd chattering and her purse was open so everyhting she has in there could have fallen out over the stairs and nobody was speaking up.

So I tap her shoulder and before I said anything she jumps and screams like a horror movie victim who got jumped. So I apologized ( gotta calm her down and divert attention from the fact she had a jumpscare moment for nothing in front of like 20 people she will be seeing daily for months until summer) and told her about the open purse. Thankfully she seemed pretty chill.

Bought some shoes couple years ago with a harder base so there would be noise, see if it helped like cat bells or something. No dice, freaked out some dude taller and buffer than me since I kept the same pace as him and he only realized there was someone else when he stopped and I kept walking my own way. His face was priceless, but thankfully, I passed by him quick and there was no negative reaction.

This isn't me being small or light or anything. In imperial, I'd be around 6 feet and 200+ pounds ( taking pound as half a kilo and foot as 30ish centimeters). So I can see how it freaks people out, but like I mentioned, there are bigger dudes around and it is really awkward around other people.

I had no idea what to write for some philosophical crap homework (it was literature, meanings or love and abstracts all around) so I left it empty. Come class time, and I get called to read my answera, so I get up, hold the papers like there's something there and struck by inspiration "read" all 30ish assignments.

Would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for everyone else bei g rowdy shits so professor wanted to check everyone's papers. Mine were empty, because I sat down like a minute ago and had no time to write anything.

She kept me after class and was both impressed and disappointed( don't care about either, that one had mood swings as fluid as water even on good days).

That's all the weird things about me I remember off the cuff.

Baldingere likes this.
  5. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes grandpa is very manly and strong \o/

Fulminata and Little Evil like this.
  6. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I think differently from others I guess. I don't really integrate inplicit social rules if nobody explains them. I take people overly litterally and don't understand when they say things that seem fine but they are actually angry. How am I even supposed to catch that when messaging?!
    It's quite annoying because I get into conficts with my parents about it. For silly things but they get angry because they think I do it on purpose even though I don't. Like that time where my dad asked me for help when cooking and said "Do a couscous or something" and I did quinoa, cuz I thought he meant I could do the cereal I wanted and we hadn't eaten quinoa in a while. He took it as a provocation to his authority and got so mad... I mean, if "do a couscous or something" means "do a couscous" why add that "or something", geez. I'm sorry for taking you literally but do you need to make up some conspiracy that I did a quinoa to undermine your authority?!

Greater thunder likes this.
  7. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobhero::blobhero:

Wow that’s so cool lol. I wish I could walk super silently and fulfill my secret assassin fantasies :blobhero: jk.

I did a similar thing with the impromptu assignments too. I’m pretty used to making stuff up on the spot so I’ve did many presentations or read stuff out loud with my paper being completely blank but the most ridiculous thing I’ve done was on one of my final exams. It was history and I granted that I’m pretty knowledgeable in history, I used my prior knowledge, a bit of common sense with usual trends, and Kingdom (the manga) to literally write out a whole paper on the spot. It was one of those in person papers you have to write in like ~90 minutes or something. I wrote 7 pages ( I think there was some other topic I included but I can’t remember) but I literally knew nothing but kinda just made it up on the spot using Kingdom as a base and ended up getting a 100 when I though I had messed up so that was pretty cool

Baldingere and Greater thunder like this.
  8. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Any time I feel pain/aches/nausea, laying down makes it all go away :blobbunny:

9. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Laying down makes it even worst for me

10. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I can sleep in almost every situation, provided that time allows me too! Be it on a cliff, boat, forest, airplanes, train, proper bedroom, sidewalk, beach, earthquake, through super loud fireworks, floods, or even insane bus maneuver when they're pull a death-defying turns because of a landslides on a mountainous path and super loud neighbor banging heavy metal at 2 am in the morning. I can even sleep while standing and remain standing.

Sadly, what i don't usually have is time:blob_teary:

Baldingere likes this.
  11. Agentt

Agentt Loves cats and pats and my wife

Reading List:
    Link
    Weirdest thing?
    Hmmmm
    I don't know, I have been conforming to social norms pretty much.
    I would say my tendency to make bad jokes when put into a spot

12. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    I do crack my neck..... And actually I've done it too much time that I can bend my neck at an almost unnatural angle.....

Heh... That's nothing special... I can also sleep anywhere as long as I've got sufficient time...

13. GenEriko

GenEriko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can reach my nose with my tongue and lick it. I also can insert the tip of my tongue inside my nose.

It's a weird skill.

14. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was told that not liking the physical act of talking was weird and that I should make a better effort to speak out loud. I told that person that communication comes in a variety of ways and it takes a certain level of emotional intelligence to understand them in order to get along with people :cookie:

15. gtreed

gtreed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can gleek

16. Deleted member 349875

Deleted member 349875 Guest

Reading List:
    Link