Movie What do you think of the new Death Note movie thats coming out?

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by UnknownSaint171, Mar 24, 2016.

1. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently heard a new death note movie is coming out in a few months. A sequel to the previous live action movie we had.
    Now its about where 6 Death Notes exist and there's someone with L and Light merged Dna.
    What are your thoughts on it? Can it be considered canon in the original Death Note ?
    I heard that the girl in the end of the Manga is actually not Misa but Light Yagami little sister. My reaction is "Wtf...?" is that even true? And I also heard that Misa will play a role in this Movie too. I thought she committed suicide? The Sister being the leader of the cult makes no sense to me. And Misa without Light doesn't have a good taste to it. I don't doubt the Author since he always writes something great but I just don't know? Its too different from what we know from the Manga/Anime. I don't like it. What about you guys?

So can it be consider canon in the original death note universe? ....does N even exist? What are your thoughts.

2. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't N=Near aka Nate River? Also, some kids(if not all) from the Wammy's House all had different letters as code name or something like that.
    I personally don't really like how it sounds based on what you said so I probably won't watch it. I don't mind a continuation but I'd honestly prefer something like 'The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases'.

3. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope they didnt ended up ruining the whole thing.. though I still have high expectation for it. Imma just wait and see I guess.

4. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Not interested.

Darkanlan likes this.
  5. ln_

ln_ All hail Master Roshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell them to stop ruining good things.

Astaroth likes this.
  6. Lucinia

Lucinia Baby turtles are the Overlords of cuteness *_*

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait for the rage threads if they don't come maybe I watch it

7. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    Stopped reading after you said L and Light merged dna. Light was a Narcissist with a God complex, nothing more, nothing less. L was a legitimately unparalleled genius. Merging them is as ridiculous as it is counterproductive. If you can synthesize someone from their DNA you should just clone L and condition him to serve your needs. The only way this makes sense is if they acknowledged that a pure L clone would be too intelligent to manipulate, whereas mixing him with an egomaniac makes him much more malleable.
    In short, I'm not going to watch this.

Arcturus, Darkanlan and Astaroth like this.
  8. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    Iny opinion a good story who already meet their satisfying end better to be left around but since its all about bussines in the end, as long still able to be milked they will something like this

9. Gentlemens laugh

Gentlemens laugh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Generally live action versions of animes are usually pretty bad so not getting any hopes up

10. Gentlemens laugh

Gentlemens laugh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But honestly even just the description makes me want just walk away