What do you think of the title and the synopsis? Give me a rate~

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Martialegg, Feb 11, 2021.

?

What do you think of the story's title and synopsis? Give me a rate~

1. 1-2 (Trash. ;-;)

2. 2-3 (Ugh, it's bad, but bearable)

3. 3-4 (It's okay, but need a lot of revision or something else)

4. 4-4.5 (Wow, sounds interesting enough. I want to hear more, yes)

5. 4.5-5 (Why are you still here? Write it into a series already! o.o)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    As a fellow reader, sometimes, there are some specific kind of stories that you want to read, but just unable to find ._.)
    In the end, we will write our desire as our own original stories just to satisfy our thirsts~
    As for what kind of story, it's quite similar to the two LN: Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite - Novel Updates and The Villainous Daughter’s Butler ~I Raised Her to be Very Cute~ - Novel Updates
    Yes, I won't deny that I'm trying to find something similar to both LN. If you guys able to recommend me something similar, I'd be really thankful :aww:
    So, here's my current 'thirst' creation:
    =======================================
    Reincarnated as The Villainess's butler is certainly a death flag, right?
    [​IMG]
    Genre: Action, Romance, Harem, Comedy, Shounen, Fantasy.
    Tag: Overpowered male protagonist, Beautiful female lead, Dense protagonist, Sword and Magic, Dragon, maid, Villainess, Reincarnated into a game world, Unlucky protagonist, Politics, Nobles, Power couple, Non-harem ending.
    Synopsis:
    Being reincarnated into the long standing servant family of the most powerful noble family, MC thought that his efforts to memorize the entire 'Isekai preparation scripture' is not in vain.
    As if God is pitying him for the accumulation of bad luck in his past life, he gains monstrous talent to control mana with the rarest attribute and becomes the ideal candidate to be the butler of the only daughter at the same age.
    After a year of gloating (and mana training dedication), on his 1st birthday celebration, he realized that he's being reincarnated into the hardest otome game world ever created and the family he's serving will actually be executed in another 14 years because of treason.
    Unlike the typical plot where the family got framed, this family is an actual villain that is trying to start a coup with the royal family! The preparation for the coup has been going on even before his birth!
    As if it's not enough, this world is on the brink of chaos and destruction in another 19 years because of the apocalypse dragon!
    Will he entrusts all of his fate into the heroine to clear the hardest otome game ever created, which has never been cleared for 10 years since its release? (The MC as a hardcore gamer has also given up halfway)
    Yes. He will try to push it all to the heroine... or so he thought...

MC's diary sneak peak:
    'Dear diary, it seems that my bad luck is still following me into this world. I should've known why God has given me those talents! This is a scam!!'
    'Dear diary, the young mistress seems to be in a bad mood today. Is it because I was too harsh on her? I'm sorry, my mistress, but please suffer for your own future! (And for me as well, yes.)
    'Dear diary, why is this maid sounds like my childhood friend in the past life? It might be just my imagination...'
    'Dear diary, why is the heroine so bad? Am I not mistakenly identify her?'
    'Dear diary, why is this overtly-handsome prince keep following me like a stalker? Is he gay?'
    'Dear diary, why is this evil princess seems to know about this otome game world more than me? Is she another 'player' like me?'
    =================================
    Phew~ That's enough to satisfy my thirst to a bearable extent.
    So, what do you guys think of the title and the synopsis? If a lot of people like it, I might make it into the community creation section and make it into a short series~

Tilgarial and Hasty girl like this.
  2. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the time the synopsis is also the title for some reason. I rarely found new piece that is short .

3. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    might as well just write it, while you're still motivated and ideas popping up one after another, and worry about the results later. afterall, it is yours, and can always be improved (or scrapped, ftm)

4. Hasty girl

Hasty girl [Holy Novitiate] [Red Sibling] [Blackjack Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    do write it. i wanted to read storied where males transmigrated to an otome game

Martialegg likes this.
  5. platys51

platys51 Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Its hard to write stuff like this as what you would like to explore is the change that took place, but for that you would need experience from both sides of the isle to truly nail it.

And if you dont, one or other side is gonna do a lot of eye rolling~

Whole premise is kinda pointless if you dont make that bigger part of the story.

Hasty girl likes this.
  6. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Www.scribblehub.com

Mostly same people, same creator, and actual tools for writing. Don't be harder on yerself than need be, especially when it's about organizing stuff instead of the actual content of the action

Martialegg likes this.
  7. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Just ****ing write it, jesus ****ing christ.

Eh, but it could use more. I mean, it sounds pretty generic. Super powerful mob with timer mechanic against seemingly impossible odds. I wouldn't read it.

Like what makes it special, what makes it different? Like why should I care? That's always what I'm asking when I read things.

The diary entries just sound like cliches or things that are quirky for the sake of being quirky, like, what's the point of them? What do they add to the story? It's like a bunch of flashing images are appearing before me, but I have no attachment to them whatsoever, so I don't care.

But writing isn't really about a grand idea. Writing is about materializing the thing you wish to see most in the world. It's not about being popular, it's about attuning to your inner self and seeing what it is you want to make.

TLDR; It shouldn't matter whether people like your premise, but whether you like it, whether you want to see it. You can do more complicated stuff, but if you're just starting out, you literally have no time to endlessly ponder over what the best thing is to write, but to simply write, as there are literally a ****load of people who are way better at it than you are, that have been doing this for far longer.

Hasty girl and Martialegg like this.
  8. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    What a refreshing view on writing.

Tbh, I never thought of it that far. I just let my hands do the work, since it lessen the inner thirst inside of me by doing so.
    As for cliches, it is quite ironic since I'm an advocate for new and refreshing things, but it was a fact that I was trying to find something generic.
    Or perhaps, the entire genre is still refreshing since it is quite rare to find and I don't mind it to be generic?

As for the inner self, the main motivation of this creation is essentially born from the need to reduce my thirst.
    One day, when the thirst is gone completely, I will perhaps lost the motivation to continue the story. And to be fair, I've already spent half of my thirst just by doing the synopsis. It will increase overtime, but I doubt it will last for long.
    Or perhaps when there is a new book with similar genre is entering my sight, then my main motivation would be gone as well.

Either way, thank you for the input. It was a refreshing take.