What do you think tags on NU should show?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Parth37955, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICe

ICe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thats why, if possible, only the ambiguous ones that are debated over so often.

cant say anything about unnecessary ones since i dont know enough about that.

something causing a reaction like "ah so thats what is encompassed in the tag. so not all stories with that tag have to be not for me" i tied writing an example but my brain decided to give out on my so ill have to leave it at that not so helpful bit sorry

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem:cool: i recomend sleeping with one eye open:whistle:

neoshadow and Jaded like this.
  3. little king

little king Ruler of Sloth [Neko-form]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tags should support the plot...

4. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dropped tag should be removed, or changed to "dropped by translator" and "dropped by author". Just stating dropped is pretty ambiguous, and is bound to create misunderstanding.

NZPIEFACE likes this.
  5. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I say remove it from the tags section and instead add a section to the status sidebar for Translation status or Just use the Completed Translation status section and let it have 4 answers: Yes, No, Ongoing, and Dropped.

6. NeNaShi

NeNaShi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nrmlly shud b jas tags dat sho a sub-category of a gnre. Romance -> forbidden romance -> incest -> imouto etc. Now u mite b asking y I used dose tags as an xmple. . .

So anyways, tags should be whats prominent and not contradicting to the present tags in the novel. Usually the tags should follow a sub-genre or something that stays in the story (has presence) and also following the reader's general question of what they're suppose to expect in the novel or what they want in their novel to satisfy their fetish.
    Examples being: Dark Ages, Yandere, Imouto, Royalty, War, Popular Male Lead, Kitchen Knife, School Days Ending etc. It's basically just following a guideline where you state the setting, the role of characters, their status/class, and so forth. It's all just describing what's going to be in the Novel.
    Long Live Summons has pretty descriptive tags, however we're not going for that. You know how it can be publicly edited randomly? Yeah, we don't want that since a few weeks ago, Long Live Summons had tags which was really contradicting, false, and was tagged by some rage induced nub that doesn't know how interpersonal relationship works. I mean really what the heck was "deadbrain/inanimated females" or "reincarnated mc + summoned mc" about?
    With a system where anyone, who has been raged by the novel and/or gets biased opinions, can tag a series page with things only they saw, you would have a series page tagged with "My dad beats me up when he comes from work," it's not going to be a literal tag but you're going to be saying: Wat?

So really if you want a fix on that you should either: make a new thread(s) which can ask for a list of subgenres or tags that users find to be legitimately ok and then keep those tags a a selection or vote for which of those in the list can be universally accepted by users when they're finding out what to read/look for in a series page. This option eliminates the public edit and sets a list of accepted tags that people can use to get a rough sketch into what is in/about the novel.

Second option would be to keep the public edits however have a thumbs up or thumbs down vote to decide which users agree on that they themselves think are in the novel (ones with more votes are in bigger text while those with less votes are in smaller text). Either way, some of the tags just make me want to cringe from it even existing.

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any general idea that relevant to the novel it attached on.

If it was up to me, I want Series Tags to be something like this. Each Tag is categorized and grouped. A general tag can be broken down to a more detailed child tags. For example Reincarnation, it should have child tag like Reincarnated Protagonist, Reincarnated Antagonist, Reincarnated Into Different Race, Different World Reincarnation or Same World Reincarnation, etc... but I know something like this is asking too much.

8. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    Standardized tags would fix the problem. Afterall, details are what synopsis is for. Though category and sub category would be nice as well to tidy up tags.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.