Discussion What do you want to be when you transmigrate?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Bad Storm, Jul 17, 2021.

?

Would you recognise if the closest person to you became a transmigrator?

1. Obligatory "I'm not close to anyone" option

16.7%
  2. Yup, something will definitely feel off!

38.9%
  3. Nope, the idea is so far fetched that I'd just think the person became wonky naturally

44.4%
  4. others?

2.8%
  5. *noms skullie*

19.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Something more specific. Like your background, profession, age, looks. Do you want to be an MC? A mob character? The noble's pet wolf-dog? A pebble on the road? What kind of world you will transmigrate to? Is it a novel with a dog-blood plot? A fantasy medieval setting? Sci-fi mech or space traveling style? Slice of life kind of world? Post-apocalyptic setting? Smut?

Anything or everything you could detail would be nice! (Unless you're lazy like me, even minimal answers are fine)

I think I have a preference for crafting and support class. So probably a well known enchanter, rune engraver or healer in a fantasy medieval setting. Well-known so I at least won't die penniless. Probably. I thought of going the noble route, but after reading novels about them for a long time, I cannot convince myself that going the noble route would be peaceful....

I wanna try a modern age type of sci-fi. Something like Superstars of tomorrow. I wanna work in Space Travel R&D. Creating portals or improving current space ships.

Hmm.... I'm interested in a post apocalyptic setting too. I'm really curious about the hardships in such a place. The desperation and hopelessness that would push people to do inhumane things to survive. Though, I'd want to be a character well-versed in handling weapons and survival. Definitely don't wanna be that person who dies in the first wave of the destruction.

2. Wrath444

Wrath444 Life is such a glorious trauma, is it not?

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to be a god of beasts and have my own immortal territory of my cute beasts I’ll have all the beasts in heaven and earth living in peace there with me as their god and I’d be able to take the souls of the dead and have them reincarnate as beasts into my territory so I’d take all the souls of innocent children that died and have them reborn in my territory as beasts and live happily and I’d have cool godly powers and the ability to turn into every single beast in heaven and earth

Bad Storm likes this.
  3. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be cool! But please don't turn the souls into beast without their consent xD

GonZ555 likes this.
  4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as there’s no apocalypse or other world ending danger, I’m probably good… as long as I’m not dirt poor… unless it’s the type of world ending danger that sorts itself out easily… I definitely want to be a magic user! o(^▽^)o It’d also be nice if, rather than Truck-kun, I got sent off by Terry Pratchett’s Death. I think he’d be more comforting.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  5. Wrath444

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d ask in a kind and seductive voice and when they accept I’d come out as a beauty and make them flustered and all shy like then laugh like a wish old sage and say something about the cuteness of youth

6. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    So you won't remember anything from your previous world since you died with alzheimer's?

7. Wrath444

Reading List:
    Link
    You know in most magical world hamsters don’t exist

8. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I probably would be mob C1R4 who would chill with the Mc or watch from the sidelines with some popcorn and soda.
    But for real, I would love to be a slime and just chill in a puddle.

asriu and Bad Storm like this.
  9. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Isekai as the best gigolo

10. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not a fan of the whole transmigration idea, I mean I like the concept of environment change, experiencing a new world and being able to do stuff that normally I can't but I like being me, I like the concept of living then dying then getting judged about what I did, the transmigration concept kind of break the purpose of why a person live making it kind of meaningless (heaven and hell no longer hold any meaning in this way, lots of transmigration novel kind of lose their purpose talking about heaven and hell while the person just keeps traveling from one body to another once dead), instead, rather than dying and my soul going to somewhere/someone else, how about just being summoned or somehow traveling (like mind transfer or finding some path to another world or maybe some object that switch souls or transfer them if necessary, just no death then going somewhere else, like I am sort of disposable item, and don't even let me start about about those MC who go back in time to make a revenge, I mean the people in the past don't even know what they did/will do, you don't even know if the time will repeat itself, if it is about time travel I prefer if the MC gain the necessaary strength and come back in the same timeline to exact their revenge, no need to die then go back in time or whatever)
    If it is necessary for the soul to go somewhere then it got to be through some other way than dying and then finding myself born anew or preferable not possessing anyone or anything.
    I want a system, using it I can become more and more powerful, gain abilities, travel through worlds and such

Bad Storm likes this.
  11. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Among these 7, which one you prefer? (I like the cryo/ice slime)
    ... Or do you want to be a normal slime? That's fine, too.
    :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

MasterCuddler likes this.
  12. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    If you’re being serious, I’m referencing the character Death, who shows up in most Discworld books. If you’re joking, well, good joke? I don’t think it’s likely I’ll die of Alzheimer’s, though. :blobsweat_2:

opath422 and AMissingLinguist like this.
  13. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It is up to the author, for example, what about hamsuke from Overlord, maybe she will become something like that

14. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh...I thought you actually meant Prachett.... :blobfrowning::blobupset::notlikeblob:

Anra7777 likes this.
  15. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the anemo slime the most and and the water slime the is on second place

16. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, sound’s like a good deal. (Not the disease, but being picked up to go to the afterlife by Pratchett. On second thought, the disease would probably mean that I lived to older age. Good deal!)

AMissingLinguist and Bad Storm like this.
  17. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Water slime is my close second, too. I suddenly recall the hydro slime from one quest xD
    [​IMG]
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHH SO CUTE

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    watch MC aka beloved child of god and heaven antique from sideline without friendly fire I guess?
    so..... become the system.... there something interesting watching from sideline without fear of repercussion~ can sympathy, angry, laugh or tear when see one but still maintain reader window frame~ looking from outside~

19. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to think I'd notice if someone close to me started acting off, but then again sometimes people just get in a mood, and I could easily attribute it to that. Of course if they suddenly gain a bunch of mystical knowledge, and teach me these really powerful cultivation technique, I like to think I'd figure something out.

You know that would be a good setting for a original novel, some dudes girlfriend hits her head and suddenly starts cultivating, and doing impossible things, she is trying to be secretive about it, but it is really obvious because the story is set on earth, and cultivation doesn't exist.

20. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna be the pampered pet, of course~!!! Free food and no need to do anything and I wanna go to a modern world!!