Spoiler What Happens When the Second Male Lead Powers Up

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by the Legendary Frog, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Sarajjjjjjjjj

Sarajjjjjjjjj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NGL,Kinda wanted it to be
    But still,the story seems interesting.

2. EvelynAinsworth

EvelynAinsworth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So guys, I tried to translate the official profiles of characters that the author posted on Munpia. This is nothing much, just about the names, ages, birthdays and outfit styles of the characters, so it is not very spoiler-y. This contains future characters as well.

1. Jesse Venetiaan, Marquis of Sérénité
    Height: 180cm
    Birthday: May 31st (actual birth month: February)
    Appearance: Neat and straight blonde hair, purple eyes, an overall gentle impression
    Outfit: The costumes of the Venetiaan Holy Kingdom are different from those of the Riester Empire. Jesse wears a top that has wide sleeves and tight wrists, which is inspired by Western aristocratic men's costumes around the 16th century. The collar is as thin and round as the collar of cheongsam (the traditional Chinese costume). The bottoms are plain pants and boots without heels. His bishop uniform is the most similar to Catholic priests' uniforms.

2. Christelle Olivier de Sarnez
    * The middle name 'Olivier' is a French form of the masculine name Oliver, which is often used as a male name.
    Height: 168cm
    Birthday: March 18th
    Appearance: Waist-length pink wavy hair, blue-grey eyes, a cute and lively mask (mask here means 'facade' and not an actual mask)
    Outfit: A long jacket, a dress shirt, pants and boots, which are often seen in fantasy novels, are Christelle's most basic clothes. The jacket has a blue tone and the other ornaments are silver. Recently, she braids her hair and ties it high for mobility.

3. Cédric Riester, Duke of Yvelines
    Height: 192cm
    Birthday: August 13th
    Appearance: Black and semi-curly comma hair, orange eyes, a handsome man with strong lines
    Outfit: A typical uniform. The top and bottom are unified in black, and the ornaments, including epaulettes and sleeves embroidery, are usually gold and occasionally red. He prefers active boots unless it's the day he has to wear formal clothes. Black gloves covering five fingers and half of the backs of the hands are also worn every day.

4. Demy (the name was from "Demeter", the Greek goddess of agriculture, since it has an earth attribute)
    Body length: 35cm (60cm including the tail)
    Appearance: The tail stripes at the end are white. Very cute. (lol)

5. Ttsuksim-i (Korean name, meaning "perseverance")
    Body length: 9.5cm (5cm wingspan)
    Appearance: An ordinarily cute wren, but Jesse thinks Ttuksim-i is the cutest and most mysterious wren in the world.

6. Rhea (the name was from goddess Rhea, the mother of gods in Greek mythology)
    Body length: 51cm (89cm including the tail)
    Appearance: The largest of the three Red Pandas. Really cute.

7. Perry (the name was from "Persephone", the Queen of the Underworld in Greek mythology)
    Body length: 46cm (81cm including the tail)
    Appearance: Unlike Demy or Rhea, it is easy to distinguish because the ears are black. Extremely cute. (the author used three different adverbs to emphasize Demy, Rhea and Perry's cuteness so I translated them into "very", "really" and "extremely" lol)

8. Aurélie Adam Boutier (The Cardinal)
    Height: 160cm
    Appearance: Purple hair tied down by one shoulder, beige eyes, a mysterious atmosphere
    Outfit: Mainly dresses in the cardinal uniform, but the bishop's mitre (the headdress of bishop) is not usually worn. She wears a gold-rimmed monocle over her left eye.

9. Elisabeth Georges Moutet
    Height: 170cm
    Birthday: March 14th
    Appearance: Dark green bob hair that curls inwardly, gray eyes, a cat-like face (a Korean term describing a face that has slanted eyes and sharp jawline)
    Outfit: As the Vice-Captain of the Imperial Guard, Elisabeth always wears her uniform and boots. When in comfortable places, she takes off her jacket and rolls up her sleeves. The engagement ring on her ring finger of the left hand has a 3-carat yellow diamond, and she does not take it out no matter what.

10. Frédérique Yves Riester (The Empress)
    Height: 172cm
    Appearance: Short silver hair, cherry-colored eyes that brim with charisma
    Outfit: She prefers uniform and boots that she can wear without worries. She does not like stuffy things, so she unties her necktie and cufflinks in informal occasions.

11. Johann Geens
    Height: 189cm
    Appearance: White hair that reaches the middle of the back, mint-colored droopy eyes
    Outfit: Since he was from Venetiaan, he used to dress in the Holy Kingdom's costumes like Jesse, but recently he dresses in an imperial uniform with a jade-colored coat. He does not care about neatness, so he wears clothes with one or two buttons undone or crumpled clothes. He shaved and tied his hair neatly from some point on, so his face looks very upright.

12. Ganael Callamard
    Height: 171cm
    Birthday: February 14th
    Appearance: Bright sky-blue curly hair, gold eyes, a puppy-like face (a Korean term describing a face that has droopy eyes and round jawline)
    Outfit: A neat white shirt, vest, pants, and always neat shoes are the basics of Ganael's clothes. He ties an olive silk string as ribbon under the shirt's collar.

13. Benjamin Girardin
    Height: 176cm
    Appearance: Meticulously combed gray hair, Tiffany blue eyes, a typical butler image
    Outfit: Benjamin's standard outfit consists of a dustless, knife-pleated suit, new-looking shoes and white cotton gloves. Gloves are usually worn for hygiene when serving Jesse's meals or snacks.

14. Eva Blanquer
    Height: 156cm
    Appearance: Red curly hair covering shoulders, dark brown eyes, clear features (a Korean term describing a person who has large and clear eyes, ears, mouth and nose)
    Outfit: She prefers dresses to pants, and frills to straight clothes. She is often seen in rich, heavy dresses with lovely colors.

15. François Duhem
    Height: 181cm
    Appearance: Dark skin, pomade-styled brown hair, light pink eyes, a slender figure
    Outfit: He enjoys wearing clothes with bold colors and various designs. He digests every type of clothes with his face. If you see a very colorful and glamorous figure inside the Riester Imperial Palace, it is most likely François (lol :blobjoy:). He changes his clothes two or three times a day.

16. Hervé Duhem
    Height: 188cm
    Appearance: Dark skin, brown hair tied in a low ponytail, light pink eyes, a boulder-like body frame. If he smiles, dimples will appear on his cheeks.
    Outfit: Hervé, as the Captain of the Imperial Guard, is often seen in uniform just like Elisabeth. However, he has more medals than her and has a cape around his shoulders. Unlike his elder brother François, he pursues simple fashion. In informal occasions, he goes around wearing only simple shirts, pants, and boots.

17. Elise Venetiaan
    Height: 182cm
    Birthday: December 26th
    Appearance: A face as dignified as a Greek sculpture, blonde curly hair that reaches the ankles, sapphire-colored eyes
    Outfit: Elise was a warrior and paladin before becoming the Crown Princess of the Holy Kingdom. Therefore, there are often times when she wears light and durable clothes underneath, and armor that protects her upper body, torso, and legs. Her hair is braided thoroughly all the way down, and part of her hair is wrapped around the head like a crown.

18. Werner B. Venetiaan (The Prince Consort of the Holy Kingdom)
    * His last name before marriage is Sneijder.
    Height: 184cm
    Birthday: May 10th
    Appearance: Straight, long, light purple hair that comes down from the left side of his head, chocolate-colored eyes, a baby face (meaning that he looks much younger than his real age)
    Outfit: Werner adheres to the most luxurious outfits in the Venetiaan Holy Kingdom. He wears costumes of the Holy Kingdom which are several times more luxurious than Jesse's, the sleeves are wide and the silk robe is long enough to drag on the floor. He does not leave out jewelries such as rings, bracelets and anklets unless he goes to sleep.

19. Sarah Belliard
    Height: 167cm
    Appearance: Wavy short white hair, emerald eyes
    Outfit: The style of Sarah Belliard, the chief editor of <Biweekly Riester>, is at the peak of Riester social circle. She is admired by many people for her eye-catching but not overly fancy dresses, moderate jewelries that are perfectly suited to TPO (time-place-occasion).

20. Alexandre Nicole Riester, Grand Duke of Yvelines (the late Prince Consort of the Empire)
    Height: 184cm
    Appearance: Black hair that reaches the waist, navy blue eyes, and was considered the most handsome man on the continent. Cédric looks a lot like his father.

This is the original link: https://mm.munpia.com/?menu=novel&action=view&id=207407&entry_id=3254374

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  3. Athy106

Athy106 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks a lotttt evelyn!! btw this is Mini ;)

EvelynAinsworth likes this.
  4. Neo.xo

Neo.xo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody know if there’s any other translated chapters? I can’t read MTL it ruins the experience for me

5. the Legendary Frog

the Legendary Frog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think angie-nim will be busy for a while so she won't be able to post spoilers for us. However if you join EAP's discord server you'll find a lot of spoilers in SMPU SPOILERS channel.

Uncopyright and (deleted member) like this.
  6. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one of those novels where the author purposefully put a bromance that definitely feels like BL between the MC and the ML of the novel. Granted, while it doesn't go as far as the novels "The S-Classes I Raised" and "Holy Idol", where the BL element is so large that pretty much only BL fans read them now. There definitely is a lot of the so-called "BL drip" in this novel.

rrraray, SkyLisette, akera93 and 8 others like this.
  7. Sarajjjjjjjjj

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually really enjoy this sort of novels.They are hilarious

anina45 likes this.
  8. zwkbtc123

zwkbtc123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read those two novels. But
    Reading the spoilers and mtl the smpu novel itself. I keep questioning why this is not put under bl or added bl tag :D

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    MishaArnon likes this.
  9. Sarajjjjjjjjj

Reading List:
    Link
    Why?
    Can you give some spoilers?

10. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard there were ambiguous elements between the MC, the original male protagonist, AND the original female protagonist though?? Like the latter two fight for MC or something, which is why all three of them are on the cover. Can we know more about Jesse and Christelle?

11. MishaArnon

MishaArnon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow firstly a guy going as a guy in shoju type story and that too second ml!! Woah!!

12. starmie

starmie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't know if they'll end up with specifically a romantic relationship end (tbh there's room for it) but the concept of religious companion is seen to be like almost a soulmate bond so. Even if they don't slap the romance title on it, Cedric/Jesse/Christelle ending up together seems pretty likely. I hope Christelle gets more highlight time to solidify it though, she has lots of good moments but it's been a lot more Cedric/Jesse focused just because Cedric is so repressed and uptight that they gotta unwind him with Soft Healing Jesse Moments™. Whereas Christelle is naturally friendly and expresses her love/appreciation for Jesse a lot easier LOL

(I bought the whole series on ridi and MTL'd the whole thing so if there are any specific questions I could try to answer some to the best of my understanding!!)

13. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...........i only wanna ask about the endgame ship... which u don't know... AND ALSO IF JESSE EVER GETS TO GO HOME AND REUNITE W HIS FAMILY LOL

14. starmie

Reading List:
    Link
    (I wish I knew the endgame ship for sure too sobs the cruel reality of ongoing series...) I can say that there's a moment where Jesse does see his home in Korea and it seems like he might be able to go back but it's a very intense moment and Cedric gets super pissed (cause at this point Cedric fell HARD and feels like Jesse is essentially his) and stops him from going :sweating_profusely:

rrraray, Lignin, SkyLisette and 18 others like this.
  15. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OH do cedric and christelle know about jesse being a transmigrator by then??? OWO??? and is jesse the original jesse eunse was talking about or is the original jesse's soul off somewhere, maybe in our jesse's original body? :blobthinkingsmirk:

16. starmie

Reading List:
    Link
    They don't know! Cedric was kind of thinking something was up bc he saw the house too but I don't think he's completely connected the dots. And there hasn't been much direct mention of original Jesse's soul iirc (there are mentions of how he lived before Jung Jesse transmigrated (really badly T__T) and then the april fools chapter which was SO HURTFUL...it was basically the chapter of the original novel when Jesse died and OOF it's so sad).

They kinda hint that the world of QNW has a lot of parallels with the jung family (i.e. little things like eunse's love of pigs vs someone else's love of pigs, just anecdotes that jung jesse thinks about sometimes) so there's a fan theory that original QNW was actually written by the eldest brother of the jung family (i dont remember if they ever mention his name cries) or that the current timeline jung jesse lives in is being written by eunse or something to that degree (since jesse was her fav character). There's a lot of interesting plot going on and while it is a light hearted and fun series, the plot does get deep and painful at points for sure (especially about original jesse and the Holy Kingdom T__T).

17. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! You have theories that I have never thought of before! (y)

There's actually a spoiler channel of this in EatApplePies, the current translator, in their Discord channel, you guys should join and find out. Their spoilers is now in Chapter 196.
    EDIT: THEIR SPOILERS ARE NOW UP TO DATE

I love the part where Jesse excitedly went out of the palace to meet Cedric, and the prince's expression is uwu

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  18. shadow83

shadow83 Icarus

Reading List:
    Link
    i still remember that part
    The door to the drawing room opened, and Emile de Arth walked out in a hurry.
    I thought I would be with the prince, but I was alone. Everyone opened their eyes round.
    “Mr. Arth, what about the Marquis?”
    “Oh, that’s… He said he’d calm himself down and come out, so I’ll go ahead and…”
    When Christelle approached and asked, Sang-joo looked down with a weak face.
    He was wrapped around his cheek with one hand as big as a pot lid. Elizabeth frowned.
    “Are your teeth uncomfortable? I think you’re crying.”
    “Earl Soh…”
    Sang-joo bowed his head, not knowing what to do.
    A loud cloth flowed over the blackhead of the same color as the eyes.
    Some of his covered face was swollen red. Christelle was covered in a snapping mask.
    “Oh, what’s wrong with your face?”
    “This is,”
    “Did you get a mosquito bite? The sea mosquitoes are strong. I’m tearing up. I know.”
    “No, it’s not that.”
    Emil said quickly.
    “Dear Marquis, tell me… He gave me a slap.”
    “Poof!”
    Ganael folded his back and collapsed.
    Elizabeth clenched her lips to honor her fiance.
    Christelle also bit her tongue and held back the sound.
    Whatever it was, it was clear that you shouldn’t laugh or curse.
    “Then something pleasant happened to the palace. Did you know that?”
    Francois said as he swept away the hair that had flowed down.
    The prince stared at him with an uninspiring gaze.
    David was organizing the map after he finished his report.
    “There was a big fight over when you would go to Serenite.”
    “…”
    The prince, who was lifting the teacup, hardened.
    The servant looked at the Marquis, feeling goose bumps on his forearm.
    He was talking excitedly without knowing anything. Please stop…
    “I was wondering what was going on with all the servants, and I bet money not only at the Imperial Palace but also at the Charfantier Palace! Didn’t the people who worked there sleep pretty well? I’m surprised.”
    “…”
    David took a glance at the prince. Fortunately, there was no sign of taking off the gloves.
    The harsh Francois continued to speak.
    “The highest dividend payout is today. Only one person walked. I’m leaving tomorrow for 2,000 francs.
    *Clang!
    *Quargetic!
    The glass broke and there was a noise close to binge drinking. Cedric jumped up from his seat.
    David couldn’t stand his strength and held back his groans as he saw the broken sofa.
    Francois looked up at the prince in astonishment.
    The air around the company was hotly distorted.
    It must be mistaken, but I felt the room getting dark.
    “…Your Highness?”
    “I’ll move right away.”
    “What?”
    “What?”
    The two former writers asked back blankly. Cedric’s voice sounded dreary.
    “Call Your Majesty. I’ll be there before dinner.”
    “Oh, my God. My slush fund!”
    Francois cried out like a theater actor. The prince’s scarlet eyes were on fire.
    He knew that he had endured for a long time and was going to endure it silently.
    But there was no reason to endure it anymore.
    Isn’t it the duty of the royal family to do what the palace wants?
    “You’re lucky to bet today.”
    He took a step, speaking like he chewed it out. David bowed his head in response to his master’s order.
    My whole body trembled, but I calmly kept my teeth shut and endured it.
    The fact that the 10,000 francs of stakes had become his own was now a secret until his death.
    I looked outside, breathing in my breath, wrapped around my stomach. Why are they doing this all of a sudden?
    “Huh…?
    I made a silly sound. That’s what I have to do, at first I thought I saw nothing.
    As if the red panda and the chimney-bird knew now, they pressed their thighs hard and pecked at the back of their hands.
    It was a carriage with the imperial sentence on it. It was also five.
    “No, I didn’t hear from you.”
    I said it as if I were making excuses. What happened in the imperial family, crazy.
    “Huh…”
    A carriage door opened, and a young man with black hair appeared.
    His mouth opened wide and his spine gave a shiver.
    A luxurious uniform and a red shoulder belt exposed his identity.
    I could recognize him clearly even on the high spire.
    I got up in a flash and ran down the hall. I couldn’t stop laughing.
    I don’t know what happened. But there’s no such thing as a failure!
    “Demy, stay strong! Come on!”
    *Giggle!*Break!
    One of the gods and one of the gods chased me at full speed.
    Wadadak, wudang! A loud noise filled Yeongju-seong.
    It was the first time for me to run such a fierce race since I was possessed.
    “Oh, my God!”
    “The Marquis?”
    “Lord!”
    Passing servants and servants quickly bent down.
    I walked down the stairs two or three steps, taking care of people with hand gestures and eye greetings.
    The palms of the railing were burning, but it didn’t matter.
    The lobby of the castle, which had already arrived, was crowded.
    Breathing heavily, he strode toward the wide open main gate.
    “Mister Marquis, how can you be in such a hurry…”
    Chantal, who found me late, came to see me.
    I left my jacket by the window, my hair was messy while running, and I had several shirts and cuff buttons undone.
    With Chantal’s help, he roughly arranged his appearance and moved forward.
    The crowd was also mixed with surprise-looking Benjamin and Ganael.
    I think I was in a hurry while doing something else. Everyone paved the way for me.
    I moved toward a welcome face.
    A sculpture-like man who climbed the white stairs came to me.
    You looked like you had a problem
    The familiar face made me feel suddenly comfortable. The facial muscles are also loosened.
    “Welcome, Prince.”
    “…
    I smiled broadly. Maybe it was unexpected, but his eyes were fluttering. As expected, I was nervous about going around separately.
    Christelle de Sarnez and Cedric Rieester had to stay together until the end.
    “You don’t have to come this late, we’ll just move together from now on.”
    So I said. This time, the prince’s eyes have grown clear.
    I coughed a couple of times and took a deep breath.
    I ran so hard that I couldn’t breathe, but there was something I wanted to nail.
    “We’re partners.”
    It was a plausible excuse for me. Then the prince tilted his neck slightly.
    Then he raised the corners of his mouth very fine, not to be seen from afar.
    It was my first time seeing his smile.
    btw they are all mtl