Discussion What is God?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HubicalCubeOG, Nov 1, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HubicalCubeOG

HubicalCubeOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So this Halloween I hung out with my friends and we had fun for the most part so my friend invites me to his house and I was tricked to go to church this morning and I was confused what is God please explain this to me thank you.

kelkel1133 likes this.
  2. 1Sami

1Sami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All authors' are gods to me (シ_ _)シ
    In all seriousness though, I don't think a god really exists. Or at least if one does it's probably not all knowing and powerful because our world is pretty messed up.

3. kelkel1133

kelkel1133 Well-known Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm offensive and I find this very christian

strayCat0 and HubicalCubeOG like this.
  4. Stormaggeddon

Stormaggeddon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the phenomenon known as GOD is a figment of your imagination.

5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't use my name in vain.

6. LordBS

LordBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a fictional idea made by people to control people.

7. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s just wrong.

8. shadowreader

shadowreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Suzumiya haruhi is god

strayCat0 likes this.
  9. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is a very sensitive subject. I know that many will get offended but in my case i don't believe that God, Paradise, Hell, etc.. exist.
    This is better to search on google.

10. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Humanity's way of coping with fear.

HubicalCubeOG likes this.
  11. LordBS

LordBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How so? There's no proof, and currently it's not really possible to prove it either.
    And you can see happening all the time the idea being used by people to just push further their own agenda.
    Remember religion/god doesn't come from divine revelation, it comes from people, humans created it to cope with their problems and control others through fear as they present whatever they want as god's will.

12. Twilightnemesis

Twilightnemesis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a being beyond human, just as any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic any sufficiently evolved being is indistinguishable from a god.

13. CrimsonPhoenix

CrimsonPhoenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God is just a powerful being. As long as someone is powerful enough, they get called a god.

Laraenna and HubicalCubeOG like this.
  14. The Queen of Hell

The Queen of Hell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I'm full blooded atheist. But if i have to describe what God is supposed to be then i guess i would say. God is a higher power that created earth, people and everything else, he sees it all and knows it all. He is supposed to be incarnate of everything that's good.

15. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Before defining what god is, first you need to define in which context you are talking about and according to which religion, for example there are atheists who refuse the very idea of god and there atheists who simply looking for answers and aren't convinced, then there are god/goddess which are terms used by some people to refer to a beautiful person or someone with amazing abilities, then there is god or gods according to which religion you are talking about (if you are interested in god in this meaning then I am afraid this thread will probably get locked as this is religious stuff that isn't allowed on NUF, if you want to know what god is in religion then make a research and try not to fall to lies) :blobsweat_2:

16. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just dog spelt back wards.

17. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A god goes from being almost omnipotent to omnipotent and almost omniscient to omniscient along with lots of abilities.
    There can be as many different gods as humans on earth. If the god of a planet is good... fine, if the god is evil or lazy... well good luck.

18. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest you look into "Egregore". That's what "god" is in a literal and occult concept.

A being with god-like powers, someone with supernatural abilities, etc. could appear to be one to someone with less power, though.

If you're talking about religion, then you need to look into all of them, including the history of the regions at the time of their insemination and passage to the present. You will find some very interesting and disgusting things. After all, the chronicles of history are written by man. You'll find that governments tended to commandeer them in order to better manage and manipulate their populace, members in high-rank positions in the religions tended to pervert them to seize power, etc.

This is why you need to look at all of them and find the threads of commonality. I did several years ago and had it all cross referenced, but lost it when my laptop died before I could upload it to Evernote to share with people when conversations like this pop up. :(

You'll find some very interesting crossovers between religions, and some interesting stories once you remove most of the human bias. After all, religion is mostly stories in the end. That and "after-life" insurance. It's one major reason that people become so irrational once someone questions their belief. If you threaten it, it might mean that what happens when they die isn't true, after all.

19. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's wrong with that? People are retarded and the (((media))) does the controlling better anyway.

20. LordBS

LordBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying it is wrong, everyone should be free to believe in anything they want, the problem is when these things are used to attack others and undermine freedom and human rights.
    You can find all types of justification for crazy stuff if you try hard enough with religion/god and sadly a lot of tragedy and abuse still happens using it as pretext.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.