Novel What Is It Like To Be Eternal? (Completed)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by CorpseDead, Apr 18, 2017.

1. CorpseDead

CorpseDead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? Np, lol. You don't have to like it. People have different taste. :3

2. CorpseDead

Reading List:
    Link
    Creators

Third Person POV:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Alice locked space around them, making teleportation impossible. A cultivator had to channel his or her Qi into the world around them, to freeze matter. As long as this state was active, other cultivators couldn’t become one with the Universe and teleport. The skulls above their heads were the materialized forms of Soul Eater.

It took a few months of experimentation, but they managed to form a physical form of Soul Eater by using Universe Energy. It was a mass of energy, filled with Soul Force inside. Since these attacks contained their own Qi, anyone else touching them would be hurt. Even if they lost their bodies only for a moment, their opponents’ souls could be heavily damaged in the blink of an eye.

Facing a brown and a red haired guy, Hiro was the first to unleash his attack. Feeling sure of themselves, his opponents took on his Qi attack. It crushed the brown haired guy’s arms, but they regrew in a moment. In that split of a second, Hiro jumped forward and punched towards his opponent’s face. Seeing that he was in danger, the red haired guy tried to block him but was surprised to see another Hiro appearing in front of him.

Blocking his attack took their attention from another clone, which attacked from behind. As Hiro destroyed their bodies, he used Soul Eater to weaken them. Feeling their souls running out of energy, they quickly recreated their bodies, only to see his incoming attack, containing his curse. Although they tried to resist it, another wave of soul attack killed both of them. Their bodies faded into nothingness, along with their souls. As he turned around in the green light of his attack, covering a huge area, he saw Alice finishing her side a moment later.

“Now it’s two versus two. Shall we dance?” Alice asked, showing her white teeth, her energy flaring up. Without saying anything, the remaining two people teamed up to attack them, resulting in their demise.

---

The first part of the selection continued in such a manner. Many True Divine Beasts and talented cultivators were killed. Once someone learned the right way of cultivation, they too became targets of other groups. It turned into an endless slaughter. Although Hiro and Alice went through a few close calls, the number of Soul Restoration Pills and their quick regeneration speed helped them out a lot.

The world was merciless and cruel. There could be only one survivor at this place. They were counted as one entity, thanks to their bond. If they wanted to live and see the truth behind their daughter’s mission, they had to win.

After killing four hundred people, they went around and killed everyone they found. It wasn’t something weak willed people could do, but such people never reached the tenth level. Even if they were killed, defeated people held no grudge. They were weaker and died as a result. They knew that death and life walked hand in hand.

It took a week to kill most of the people, leaving only ten. Hiro and Alice were surprised to see that most of the people remaining were humans and other such races, instead of True Divine Beasts. There were only two of them left. A Phoenix and an Ape God.

[So this is why our ancestors died. This is why there are always True Divine Beasts growing up. Not even they can handle groups of cultivators ganging up on them. The Ape God and the Phoenix ganged up and stayed alive, while the others didn’t even have a chance.] Alice thought, clenching her fists.

Holding her hand, Hiro said, [Calm down. I know that it’s exciting to be so close to winning, but this last round of the fight is the most dangerous. If one of us dies, both of us will go. I wouldn’t want it otherwise, but I don’t wish to die after such a short life with my dearest wife. We also used up most of our the treasures. Let’s be careful. I want to see our daughter, Kane, and our friends.]

[You are right, honey.] Alice replied, placing her hand on his face, showing a smile.

[Your smile is scary in your battle form. Those long teeth and demonic eyes and your scale covered head…] Hiro remarked, a grin forming on his face.

----

Eleven people stood in a circle, checking out each other. They had serious faces on, their bodies stiff and ready to fight at any given moment. All of them were waiting for the other to make a move.

“Who wants to die?” A burly, bald man asked with a chuckle.

“You should stay true to your character and jump in like a muscle-headed idiot. Why do you even have such a big body? At this level, you won’t be stronger because of that. You must be a real idiot,” a beautiful woman with wavy, long, pink hair remarked, sticking out her large chest.

“Haha, you are one to talk with those melons. They are even larger than that pretty Dragon's breasts,” he replied, pointing at Alice.

[Behaving like kids, insulting each other just to make one another make the first move. But it won’t work on us.] Alice thought with a chuckle, ignoring the guy’s remark. The first person to attack would be killed in the next second. Cosmological Constant wasn’t a secret for people at this level. After the battle started, everyone hid their presences.

Nobody knew what kind of abilities other people had. They found each other by seeing the lights of battles…

“Hey, all of you are ugly monkeys. I have no idea why would you debate here,” another person joined the fray, insulting everyone.

Sighing loudly, Hiro said, “Why are we wasting our times with this? Everyone is old enough to ignore such petty remarks and insults. It’s obvious that nobody would be stupid enough to make a move. I think that we should pick an opponent and form some kind of championship.”

Nobody was stupid enough to leave a pair of True Divine Beasts alone, but they still agreed with him, thinking that they would sneak attack him. Both Hiro and Alice were clear of this.

“You are right. We should just pick an opponent,” the woman with pink hair agreed, showing her white teeth.

“Then you will be my opponent, cutey~” the burly guy said, appearing behind the woman, holding her waist.

“Is that so?” she asked, turning around with a smile on her face.

“Damn it, your body is really good. We should have met before coming here, haha!” the burly guy laughed loudly, gripping her side. But before he could do anything, he found her standing a few meters away.

“How cruel. Why won’t you die for me?” he asked, observing the others present.

“We will fight against the other two True Divine Beasts,” Alice offered, looking at the Phoenix and the Ape God. Both of them were using their monster forms.

“Good! The pairs are solved that way,” a lean guy clapped, visibly happy upon hearing the news. In the next second, the remaining people pointed one another, picking an opponent. Hiro thought that it was a stupid way to deal with their stalemate, but it worked.

As soon as the pairs were selected, everyone jumped at each other, using their full strengths. It was stupid to underestimate anyone among the remaining people. Thanks to their perfect teamwork, Hiro and Alice had the upper hand. But they didn’t use Soul Eater. They planned to have it as their trump card.

In their merged form, Hiro and Alice released their Martial Art with eighteen stacks, going way above the norm. The Ape God was obliterated on the spot, while the Phoenix came back to life miraculously. It decided to flee. They were about to chase after him when they sensed two attacks coming from behind.

Reacting quickly, they defended against the surprise attack. It was the burly guy who unleashed it, along with the pink haired woman. But they were surprised to see another pair attacking them at the same moment.

“You idiot, you will die this way!” they shouted before the attack struck their bodies. Hiro and Alice attacked their souls, killing both of them. Not stopping even for a moment, they charged towards the rest of the people, killing them one by one. The last three people grouped up, but thanks to Soul Eater, all of them met a bad end.

“Now it’s only us and that Phoenix. But how are we supposed to find herr? She hid her aura completely… I don’t want to start flying around in this huge space, looking for her. What if it takes years to find her?” Hiro complained, pulling the sides of his mouth, showing his unhappiness.

“Hey, Plum. Fight now or I’ll kill you personally. A coward can’t become a creator. I counted your fleeing as a tactic to come back at the right time for a sneak attack. It would have shown your cleverness. But you just hid away. You have one hour to come to this location,” the Abyss spoke, sending Hiro’s and Alice’s location to him.

At another part of the Abyss, Plum was sitting on the ground, her legs crossed. She was meditating and trying to regain her strength. One of her racial abilities was that she had a second chance at life. After dying, she would regain her life and gain great speed to flee.

But it would leave her in a temporarily weakened state. When it came to fleeing, Phoenixes were number one. At the tenth level, she was able to regain her strength quite quickly. The Abyss said one hour, knowing that it would be enough for her.

[We aren’t idiots. We know a Phoenix’s abilities. She needs about an hour to regain her strength. We aren’t going to wait for her,] Alice thought, shaking her head upon hearing the Abyss. Closing their eyes, they focused. They felt the Universe Energy flowing through the last floor, filling up every stone and matter.

It was a huge amount of data their brain had to process, but with sixteen minds, working at full speed, they had no problems with doing such a thing. [Can you feel it? There are a hundred tiny spots where space feels a bit different. Let’s check them out.] Hiro said, opening his eyes.

But even after teleporting to each place, they found nobody. [I’m not happy to say this, but let’s split up for a moment. I think that she keeps teleporting when we do since we can’t sense space at the same time. She must be switching places among those locations…] Hiro advised.

“Alright,” Alice replied, nodding her head. Not saying anything, she teleported to another location, while Hiro focused on space.

When there were only three locations left, Hiro felt another change in Space. Both of them appeared there like lightning and locked space instantly. Plum was standing there in her human form, her face pale white.

“Please let me have a fair fight against you,” she asked with glimmering eyes.

“I’m sorry, but this is the end for you. You will start a new round soon enough,” Hiro replied, attacking her at the same time.

“But I won’t be me if I reincarnate! I don’t want to die here!” she shouted, deflecting Hiro’s Qi. Feeling a little sorry for him, Alice followed up. After taking a few attacks, she saw the last attack coming towards her body. A few tears left her eyes, which had so much hope in them for the future. Her body set on fire and burned away. In the next moment, Alice used Soul Eater to devour her, winning the contest.

“You have to kill each other too,” the Abyss said with a serious voice, its voice cracking.

“You are so funny,” Alice remarked, shaking her head.

“You are no fun. I wanted to see your panicked faces,” it replied, appearing in front of them. Hiro and Alice continued to look at it with unmoving faces, waiting for it to speak. “We are all ears,” after a few minutes, Hiro couldn’t help but say.

“You were cuter when you were younger. Okay, let’s get to the point. As you know, there are many universes, each having a different size and age. Once you become a creator, you can make it grow only through collecting points. I’ll talk about this in a moment but before that. When I make you into a creator, your world will be connected to the Anchor.”

“You will also have the ability to create life. There will be a Soul Storage in your universe where dead people go. You will have one month to make them reincarnate if you wish so. But most creators don’t touch such matters. Don’t look at me like that. It was always possible. Phoenix Medals only automatized this option with some side effect. It’s up to the creators what they do with this ability.”

“You could also create a virtual reality type of universe, but it could very well screw up people if they leave your universe because they will have to realize that death is final. I’d advise against it. If one month is up, they will leave your universe and will be sent to me. That’s how it usually goes.”

“So again. You can create life. But the default type is human. If you want other kinds, you will have to earn points and buy each race. Once you have it, you can create them. I always laugh when I hear the thoughts of weak people. They always imagine families bearing so many children. When everyone is a cultivator, there are no mortal families. They are just the creations of creators to make a person’s existence logical.”

“I know that you are surprised by all this stuff, but you have to grow up and find out the truth. Hehe. Even Rose’s family. They were ‘untalented’ and weak cultivators. Obviously, there are no people with so terrible talent. They were just made for the purpose to give birth to a cultivator.”

“Then how come that those ‘parents’ don’t think about their parents? What about their past? This makes no sense,” Hiro interrupted the Abyss with his complaining.

“Flesh and blood, combined with memories. That’s what makes you into a person. They too had memories. It’s just that they never knew that it was all integrated. Like a code. They were just false memories. Of course, as a creator, you have the choice to create only real cultivators without any family. But that tends to turn into animalistic humanoids… Really, I’ve seen it happen. Humans are the same as animals without any parentage.”

“Anyway. I talked about life and death. Okay. Time and Space. You can’t increase or decrease the speed of your universe from now on. That’s a taboo, which comes with a death penalty. The size of your universe will increase if you buy it from points. You’ll see the creator’s Trading Room soon enough.”

“Your life from now on. You can live in your own world and visit other universes too if other creators let you in. It’s up to you. You can also live in the Creator’s Realm, which is a separate space in the Abyss. I’m sure that you can sense it by now since I gave you access to it. You can’t take your family there. Only the two of you can enter.”

“Haah- Now I can finally relax. All this time, we felt afraid of losing the chance to see our family and friends again,” Alice said, breathing out long.

“Haha, I know. You won’t have to worry about it anymore. You can also kill other people randomly, just like before. The only restriction I put on you is that you can’t play the king. You can’t suppress everyone and make them serve you. You can’t command everyone to serve you like slaves. It’s the same with women… but it’s not like either of you is interested in other people.

“The strange things. The size of your universe should be the same as every cultivator at the tenth level. But you not only have a much bigger universe, you also have billions of people in it… You also have another race, other than humans, thanks to your little experiments with souls, not to mention that Wyvern that drank your blood long ago… Dre’Khans are a completely new race, but since it was your creation, you can have them exclusively.”

“I might add them as a new and powerful True Divine Beast in the future. But I’d have to modify their looks a little. They look like you two in your merged monster forms. Or I could… ah, sorry. I almost got lost in my thoughts, haha.”

“I talked about the laws, the rules, the only thing left are the points! You get points when people originating from your universe invent new things, create new races, improve on something, and such. You also get one point after each day, so you can add new races if you just wait too. It’s pretty much what you have done, meaning Sawolond, finding halves of people, creating a new race. You gave lots of points to the creators of your original universe, haha.”

“You can reward those people too, but as I said before, most creators don’t even care to do such things. They are just so lazy… I hope that you will be more productive than the rest. You can kill other creators too, but the more people live in your universe, the stronger you will become. It’s the reason why you should care about making it into a good place to live at.”

“But there is one regulation. You can’t enter the top five floors of the Anchor as a creator. So I’ll relocate Sawolond to your Universe unless you wish to leave it to your daughter. After all, she too has your ability. As Creators, you can create any matter and treasure. I loaded everything there is into your minds as you have noticed. It was clever of you to increase the speed of time in your universe… You lived for ten years in Sawolond and increased it by millions of times…”

“Now there are many people at the eighth level and even a few of them at the later stages of the ninth level. I should have taken out those people from your world, but well… they came as a part of your luck so it is fine. I’ll leave now. Do what you want. You can’t enter the Anchor, but you can communicate through it from now on. Your Mind Power will be able to access it. Placing Abyss Gates will be your choice too.”

“You can also disable the possibility of teleporting into the Abyss like in Elena’s world. They had to use the gate to access it. But if you do it, you will have to create at least one, well-known gate. People should have the possibility to come and go freely. Also, you too can continue making couples, but you will have to stay in your world in that case and go straight to other universes.”

“Oh, right. Since you can recreate the treasures of the Abyss, I have a regulation on that too. You can’t spam them and give them away unless it was created without using your brand new Creator power. If it was hand made, then it could be anything. That’s everything I had to tell you. I’m sure that we will meet again in the future kiddos. It was nice to see you two growing, haha. But your roads haven’t come to an end yet. You still have many things to improve!” its last words resounded as it faded into nothingness.

Both Hiro and Alice were left in a state of surprise. [Where should we go now?] Hiro asked, feeling curious about the Creators’ Realm and the Creators’ Trading Room, but wishing to meet their loved ones at the same time.

[We are going home at first. I don’t want to make them worry for too long if unnecessary. We can always go there later. Aurora seemed to be pretty worried if you ask me.] Alice replied, shaking her head.

[You are right.] he said, teleporting to Sawolond, which was placed at their private planet.

---

They teleported straight to Sawolond. Everyone knew where they went, and they also knew that they had only one possibility to live and that was to win. Seeing them, everyone understood that they became the next creators.

“Look, they are back. Can we still talk with them like before? I wonder,” such whisperings surrounded them and their lack of reaction only made people feel tenser in their presence.

Reaching Aurora’s and Kane’s house, they knocked on the door, hiding their presences all this time. They heard footsteps nearing, along with their daughter’s mumbling, “Who could it be? How come I can’t sense any presence?” Smiles formed on their faces as they have seen the door opening and Aurora appear in front of them.

“Who are you-” she started, but her words were choked upon the sight of her parents. Placing her hand over her chest, she breathed out long, her body and mind relaxing.

“We are back, dear,” Alice said, placing her hand on their daughter’s face, showing her white teeth.

“Finally! It’s been more than a week! I thought that something terrible happened with your strength…” she jumped at them and coiled her arms around their necks. Hiro and Alice reciprocated her feelings and caressed her back. Feeling her arms tighten around their necks, they felt happy to see their daughter’s caring.

“We are sorry for the wait, but there were too many people. We have been fighting ever since we left, but your parents are the strongest!” Alice whispered into Aurora’s ears with a chuckle. Kane was standing right beside them. After seeing them through his bond with Aurora, he too came to greet. Seeing him standing in one place, visibly lost over what to do, Alice and Aurora pulled him into the group hug.

“Alright, enough of this,” Aurora said a few seconds later, feeling that it was enough.

“So? How did it go? What can you do now?” she bombarded them with questions, her eyes glimmering.

“Haha, let’s go in first,” Alice said with a chuckle, while Hiro announced, “We are the next creators as most of you have noticed… We plan to be more active than the others, so you can behave in the same manner around us as before. The world didn’t stop moving just because we have more abilities now.”

They were able to take anyone’s life with just a thought. Even if that person was at the tenth level. They had ridiculous abilities now that they have become creators. Sitting down on a sofa, they told everything they’ve heard from the Abyss, satisfying their daughter’s and son in law’s curiosity.

After spending a few weeks with their family and friends, nor Hiro neither Alice had the patience to keep delaying their travel to the Creators’ Trading Room and Realm. They still continued finding people’s halves when they came to their Universe. Saying their goodbyes, they left towards the sixth level of the Abyss.

“It’s time to find out everything!” Hiro said with a smile on his face, his eyes glistening in his excitement.

3. CorpseDead

Reading List:
    Link
    Epilog ~ What Is It Like To Be Eternal?

Final Destination

Hiro’s POV:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Both of us teleported straight towards the Creators’ Trading Room and a strange darkness welcomed us.

#Adding the Elven Race to your Creation list: 400 000 points.

#Adding the Demon Race to your Creation list: 420 000 points.

#Adding the Beastmen Race to your Creation list: 50 000 points.

Such lines were floating in front of us, but most of them were related to races we knew. “What’s with this? There should be more things. What about True Divine Beasts and such?” I asked, looking at Alice, my brows raised. The only thing that interested me somewhat was the type of Universe we could have.

#Switching Universe Type to Virtual Reality System: 15 000 000 000 points.

#Switching Universe Type to RPG System: 8 000 000 000 points.

#Switching Universe Type to Unique Power System: 10 000 000 000 points.

#Switching Universe Type to Cultivation System(active): 8 000 000 000 points.

#Switching Universe Type to CHI System: 5 000 000 000 points.

#Switching Universe Type to Monster System(Dangerous): 25 000 000 000 points.

The Unique Power System sounded interesting, but the price of the Monster System caught our attention even more. It was way above the average price.

#Monster System: Every living being will turn into a monster. Their intelligence will be equal to that of other intelligent races, but they will kill everything that isn’t a member of their race.

Reading the description, we understood its implications. If we were to switch to this kind of universe, it would be only a question of time before masses of people would group up to eliminate every monster in our Universe. [Actually, it would be quite fun. I mean, everyone would unite to the kill the big bad monsters in our universe! Haha.] Alice thought with a chuckle, spinning in this empty nothingness, her arms widespread.

“Yes, yes. There are a few things here… but not the thing we have been looking for!” I exclaimed, feeling slightly angry with the Abyss.

Looking upward, her hands on her hips, Alice asked, “Could you explain yourself?”

The Abyss’s voice resounded in the next moment, “What? Isn’t it obvious? There are more levels. You will have to unlock each of them!”

Shaking our heads, we breathed out long at the same time. Looking into each other’s eyes, both of us chuckled as we left. We had a lot to do!

---

Time slowly slipped through our hands. Hundreds, thousands, millions, billions of years passed by.

“We finally reached this damned floor. Stupid Abyss. It kept us waiting for so long,” Alice mumbled in a low voice, puffing out her cheeks.

“Haha, somebody is just too cute,” I laughed upon seeing her face. “Shall we go?” I asked, looking at the double doors in front of us. It was the door to the last Trading Room.

“Mhm,” she nodded, pushing them open.

But instead of the usual darkness, a gray world appeared in front of us. The ground, the sky, everything was gray. In front of us was an empty plain. In the middle of it were two chairs. I and Alice were sitting in it.

“Took you long enough,” Alice’s mirror image spoke, leaning on her right arm, while my mirror image held her left hand.

“Why would the Abyss take up our shapes, I wonder?” Alice asked, furrowing her brows.

“Oh, it’s fun this way,” her counterpart replied, changing her looks. She had long brown hair and a very similar face to Alice’s. Her body was just as good… “Happy now? This is my original form. Dear, let’s get to the point or they will never understand it. It’s not like they could,” she added, looking at my counterpart with a bright smile on her face.

Breathing out long, my image spoke, “Yeah. As you have learned since becoming creators, the world was nothing but an infinite mass of white and black. When those colors mixed, we, the Abyss were created. We were the first matter and living being. Why or how we came is a mystery for us too, but we gave up on looking for something that we couldn't find.”

“Either way, we have spent so much time with creating new worlds, new creatures, new matters. It was interesting to watch over our creations, but time kills everything. We’ve got bored of it. Time is a finite circle, which rotates infinitely. Why is it finite? It’s because we are intelligent beings. You must have noticed it yourself. You still love Alice, your family. But doesn’t it feel bland?”

“You’ve had wonderful lives. You made a wonderful daughter, she found her half, they had children. Their children had children and the list goes on. Not even Sawolond needs you since your grandchildren can take care of its matters. Isn’t it nice? You have learned everything there is to know. It must feel boring and bland, isn’t it?” he kept questioning us with a stupid smirk on his face. But…

“Yeah. And? What’s your point?” Alice asked, furrowing her brows.

The brown haired girl replied, “Long ago, we helped Gaia to create life in a new type of world. The world without any type of energy. After living for so long, you have experienced the loop hundreds of thousands of times. We helped her because we wanted to see what happens when we break the loop. Since we feel bored of our lives when there is nothing to learn and fight for, we decided to play a little game.”

“We always plan our next lives and then reincarnate. We change people’s fates and life to fit our next life. The thing is, you two are our plans. Now that you have reached us, it’s time for us to disappear and for you to take over this infinite loop of insanity.”

As her words resounded, the world cracked around us. We sat up breathing heavily, our bodies soaked in sweat, and our eyes opened wide. We saw through each other’s eyes as our pupils slowly contracted. Looking around, we were sitting on the top of a mountain. The weather was a bit chilly, but the warm rays of the sun seeped into our bodies, warming us up.

Facing me, she sat on my lap and coiled her arms and legs around my back, burying my face in her bosom. Hugging her, I closed my eyes and relaxed my body. I remembered everything.

My life on the Earth was a way for us to try out what was it like when we broke the loop of time. It was bad. Unlike before, we didn’t find each other, we didn’t enjoy our lives as much as before. The system was something we disliked. Everything was centered around money. Well, it’s not that much different in the outside world either, where everything is focused around strength. But it was still much better.

I didn’t die in my past life. I just remembered to my origin when I turned twenty. I and Alice were the Abyss all along. We lived our lives separated from each other on the Earth. It was something we didn’t want to taste ever again. In the past, we filled our lives with more tension and drama, but our current life was something the me, who wanted an easier life wrote. It’s not that I didn’t know how colorful life was. I just wrote a novel where I and Alice had it easy.

When I remembered my origin, I decided to turn that novel into my next life. In my past life, I called myself Corpse Dead. It was a strange name, but not one without a meaning. It referred to my body being a corpse and my soul being dead. For corpses we are, striving to live.

We were living our loop-like lives, rarely stopping to think or do something strange, weird, out of place. Because that was the time when we truly lived. When we did what we wanted to do. When we weren’t restricted. When we poured our souls and hearts into the things we were doing. Such was the way of living beings, be they humans, elves, demons...

But was that a problem? Although we were living in a loop, and we were crying because of the pain, the tragedy, but that was what made us feel alive. People had to feel pain, be it in their bodies or hearts. Would it not make you feel as if you were dreaming if you were to live in a perfect world? A world of equality where everyone was happy and worry-free.

We tried building such a world long before, but it felt too unreal. That wasn’t how the world was supposed to be. It was enjoyable for a long time, but still… it turned bland much quicker than a tension filled life. Like a bowl of soup. A bowl of soup, which has been eaten many times. Daily… Our life was the same now. We lived such a perfect life. I would never complain about it. But such was the tale I wrote in my past life.

We were the Anchor and the Abyss was our home. Our home was where we were. We were the constant time, the constant space, the constant circle of life and death. The Abyss seemed like a cold, and cruel place, but our universe was the same. It was cold and cruel yet warm and cozy at the same time.

We could turn humans and every other race into completely good people to create world peace. But what would become of the universes? We tried it before, but it felt boring, it felt wrong.

It seemed as if everyone would be just a happy machine. The way of life was always just a means to struggle, to learn more.

Our reason to live was none other than to struggle. If we were at the top, knowing everything, and couldn’t do anything with pleasure after experiencing everything so many times, our lives would feel bland. To avoid this, we rather reincarnated every time when we felt that we were starting to get bored of everything. Living was always hard and it was full of the unknown and the mysteries of life, but that was what made it so inviting. That was what captured our hearts. The unknown and the thought that we could know everything and that we could get over others!

Mortals always wanted to live eternally, to become immortals, they were struggling to reach something they didn’t even know. Why would you want to live eternally? It would be boring. It was enjoyable for a long time but what would you do once you get bored of everything?

You will want to die.

It was interesting how people wanted to live eternally, but they still wanted to die in the end. The creators were clear proofs of this.

We finally understood Aurora’s mission. It was something we gave her, in a way… Our past lives, to be more exact. Aurora was the Queen of Life. People felt happier in her presence.

#The Devourer(Restarts the loop of time): 100 000 000 000 points.
    #The Life(The only person who can stop the Devourer): 50 000 000 000 points.

I chuckled upon seeing those lines. [Well, we created the Devourer race and for a creator to activate it… They must be really tired] she thought with a chuckle, thinking of every creator who has been living for billions of years.

“Hey, but there is still Kane to smooth out things. This time we might be stuck here eternally…” I remarked, raising a brow.

Shrugging her shoulders, she said, “That might be the case. We will have to overlook our family in that case. Elena, Aurora, and Kane. Let’s see how your fate intertwines and unfolds. Gray is the color of balance, Kane.”

“Well, I’d hate to see either of them end up in a tragedy. After all, Elena’s tale isn’t a sad one either,” I chuckled.

Caressing her back, I mumbled with a provocative smile on my face, “You are just so soft. My lust for you will never fade, it seems~”

“Fufu~ we can do it later,” she said, standing up and lying down beside me. Looking at the sun, I held her hand with a smile splattered on my face. The wind gently blew, ruffling our hairs.

“Mh~ this is so peaceful. It’s been a long time,” Alice mumbled with a weak voice, slowly falling asleep.

“Yeah, it’s the same as when I decided to reincarnate. The only difference is that you are beside me once again” I replied, turning to look into her beautiful green eyes. As our eyes met, I leaned closer to kiss her.

Sighing loudly, she said, “Well, let’s see how things turn out in the future. And since I can control anything, we too can play with other people!”

“You sounded terrible… but it’s not like we can do anything else,” I remarked, shaking my head.

“That, and we played with ourselves too much… but I can’t beat myself up for that time when we restricted our own lust!” she exclaimed, holding the sides of her head.

“Haha, yeah. But I can imagine doing the same with our next lives. Which makes me remember, we should make plans and then play around with our next lives! For some reason, it sounds really exciting!” I laughed, having evil thoughts.

“No… you won’t turn me into a Masochist, but I can agree with a somewhat shyer personality That won’t change me too much and you can have your blush…” Alice rebuked me instantly.

“Eh? But I was just kidding. Well, a blushing Alice would be funnier. What about names? How should we call ourselves? Ah, this time let’s grow up in a family,” I advised, feeling Alice’s agreement with me.

“Alright…” she replied, and our planning continued on. We wrote our own tales because we had the power.

When we finished, we hugged each other and closed our eyes. Sighing loudly, I thought, That’s why you can’t escape death. By others’ hands or by your own hands it’s still going to reach you.

This is Eternity. We are Eternal. We have always been Eternal but that’s a false truth. After reaching a point it becomes hollow and boring. What can you do when you know everything? When you can’t enjoy anything anymore? When you get bored of living?

This is the reason why we reincarnate after every few millions of years. We always keep our personalities because that is what defines who we are! It might slightly change each time we live a new life, but it’s mostly the same.

We have lived countless lives, but the final destination was always the same. Death. For one reason or the other, you can’t live eternally. But death is never the final destination. Contradictory, isn’t it?

Every time we live a new life we delete our memories and leave only our personalities. We also define the path of the people around us, who are going to be our ‘enemies’ or ‘friends’.

In the end, all of these lives are just big programs. What is behind this insanity of a loop of lives you ask? What happens when you break this loop and deja vu? That you are going to be sad and suffer. There is nothing beyond the loop. You can’t escape the infinite swirling circle of life and death. Being Eternal doesn’t mean that you live forever. It means that you can hold onto yourself forever. No matter how much time passes by, we are always us and I’m always me.

We rule over everything. Everything is a part of us. It doesn’t matter if you have your universe or if you are a normal cultivator. We know your feelings, your thoughts, your life, your past, your future, your now. We can change anything we wish because all of you are us; are me.

It doesn’t matter what is your color because, in the end, black and white become a colorful gray…

---------

In a far, far away galaxy, there lies an academy. In its basement is a dark secret only the director knows. Is she the person Aurora and her friends are seeking? Where is Elena? What will Hiro and Alice do as the new ‘Abyss’. What choices will Elena take, as the Queen of Devouring? Aurora’s mission is quite clear. But what is Kane’s mission? Why was he born?

That’s something only Eternity knows, for it is nothing but a chance to hold onto yourself through numerous lives. Memories and lives come and go, but there is only one couple that is eternal.

Alice and Hiro!
    ------ The End ------
    ------ Continuation ------

Hello, dear readers. This is probably my last post on this novel. Every good thing comes to an end... or does it? :p

Please read this short note. After about 700k words, I don't think that this will be hard for you. Hehe.

I know that most of you won't read this, so the most important! Queen of Devouring>>> http://royalroadl.com/fiction/11777/queen-of-devouring

Everything that was left open will be explained in QoD. These two were connected from the beginning as planned. Two halves become one. Assumptions! After reading the current chapters that have been released, you will think this: It will be another story about halves, and grinding, and boring fighting, and leveling up. No. You are very, very wrong. It will be a completely different kind of novel yet somewhat similar, but you will see it slowly unfold from the 10-12th chapter. Did I ever lie to you? I don't think so. Believe me and read at least 12 chapters.

Another thing about QoD. You will find Elena evil at first. Wait until the 12th chapter before deciding it. I think that your opinion will change a lot from that point on. The first 7 chapters are a bit rough since I had to get into writing in 3rd pov. Believe me, it will get better later on. (Though they are definitely at least as good as the last few chapters of WIILTBE, I mean the grammar.)

Afterword ~ Corpse Dead

It took seven months and one day for me to finish this novel. I started writing it on the 9th of July and finished it today, meaning 2017.08.10. It was a really long road. The start was really rough since I had to learn how to write. To be honest, I'm nowhere near satisfied with the grammar, characterization, etc. of this novel, but it's good as it is.

This was my first work. This is something that was not only a novel I wrote. I was writing about myself, my ideas, etc. I don't know if you liked the ending or not, but it was planned this way since the very beginning. It replied to the title. It was but a tiny shout, a drop in this huge ocean. I learned a lot about writing since starting, but the problem was that I couldn't implement it. I realized that my characters should make their own choices, I learned how to create a whole arc for them, just to have a backstory, etc. Writing in First Person POV was really hard, but I got used to it.

Why did I not implement what I learned in the meantime? Simple, it wouldn't have fit the story. But I can do all those in Queen of Devouring. You will see Aurora more in it, how she and Kane take on Elena and Dred and her friends. What will be the end of that single thread, that was left open in WIILTBE? That's all something that will be a part of QoD.

It was a few days after the new year when I felt really bored when I came home from school. I had this idea for a long time and on a fated day, I decided to write a prolog for myself, a few chapters, just for the lolz. I still remember how I wrote 17 chapters in 9 days. Yep. 17x 4-8k words in 9 days....

But I had a problem. I always had parts where I felt like... It would be good to ask somebody about how to continue with this part. Should I do this or that? How should I call that new race? It sounds lame... But I had a problem. I knew that if I was to post the novel, I'd finish it, which would take months. I knew that I wouldn't have the time to just take it easy and play and laze around, thanks to my personality.

Well, I still posted it since I was curious about how people would react, mostly to the prolog. I knew that OPness was a thing here, but that was never the point of this novel. I like such things too, I am a pervert so fantasizing was also fulfilled through 17 ero chapters... XD Either way, I made the prolog so that it would turn around many and drag in only a kind of personality type. The kind that can read and feel. The kind that can connect emotionally with characters. Most of you probably don't like the tragedy genre for the same reason. Gritted teeth? It's usually a sign of being depressed, burned out, stressed out. I wanted all of you to come on a ride with me and take it easy.

But the novel was full of underlying meanings. Those monologs I wrote were all a part of me. Something you probably knew. I always laughed when I saw reviews like 'the author is a poor writer and keeps saying things like you will understand if you continue reading'. No, they won't since they weren't the kind of people this novel was meant to. I know that I could have written something better from the perspective of the story. Something that would have been filled with tension and other such things. Better ero scenes. But that too was a question of my mood. Sometimes I was in the mood to be more realistic, whilst at other times, I felt the need to be more hentaish... XDD

Simply, I didn't want to write such a novel. There were polls, questions, chances for suggestions, but this always was and will be my novel. People can hate it, hate me for it, some of them seem to do it lol, but it will never change the fact, that this went the way I wanted it.

Lastly, now you know the meaning behind my name. Are you a walking Corpse too? Do you not find joy in living? Do you feel Dead inside? But life is still full of fun. You just have to find what you like in it. Nothing? Close your eyes and look for the answer in yourself. It will be there. It took me about 18-19 years to find it and now I enjoy writing and learning to program. Haha.

A final big thanks to all of my Patrons, who supported me all this time, and to those who decided to spend their time with editing. I know that there were still mistakes, but you can't notice everything, can you? I'll revise this novel and post it on Amazon in the future, with a better grammar. It surely won't be perfect, but meh, it should be much better than this. XD

So thanks to Patrons, even if just for 1 month or keeping it up even now, when I'm piling up chapters for QoD.

Jake Hughes (Became an online friend too. I know his past, he knows mine.) |

BlackStarLIne (Helped to edit too after 100+ We keep meeting on Discord every day, which I'm happy to see. Another friend. :3) |

Saleh Salehi Nezhad |

Bio Shout (My first patron!) |

Azoth Viz | William |

Mitchel Van Dorst |

David Salter (Another Discord visitor. Although mysterious, but we get along well. Don't kick me later. >.< ) |

Tom Seligmüller (Thanks for those bunches of likes and comments you did. I really appreciated all of them, not to mention your review. Really thanks again.) |

Peaceang Goreng |

Dylan Drouin (I don't know much about you, but you might be very young. Either way, I thank you for being one of my first patrons.) |

Crushow |

Azorath1234 (I know ya boy! Helped editing around 60-100. I thank you for your work. Doing 4k / every 2nd day is more tiring that readers might think. Even if it is editing.)

Check out Queen of Devouring if you want to continue your road with me.

Cya guys on Saturday/Sunday.

Tom/Thomas, (for English name. :p)

m7vpc likes this.
  4. sensitivity

sensitivity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone know if this novel has a male or female protagonist?

5. CorpseDead

Reading List:
    Link
    Both. This is about a couple.

6. sensitivity

sensitivity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oooh ok thank u very much. gonna give this a read then!!! i normally can’t read about just male protagonists.. i’m too gay to be interested in only male perspectives lmao

7. CorpseDead

Reading List:
    Link
    sensitivity likes this.