Discussion What is stopping you from loving yourself?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by katofu, Jan 21, 2020.

1. katofu

katofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Super random for this “deep” question to be on here but this question has been in the back of my head for a long time and today I just wanted to ask anyone so here I am! HAHA I’m curious as to what is stopping you from loving yourself completely? Or maybe in simpler terms what makes you insecure?
    For me hmmm it’s honestly comparing myself with others..that shit SUCKS. I can’t help it but it really tears my self esteem down. Sigh reminds me how I failed my math test recently (despite my endless studying) when everyone in my class passed...but then again this situation had happened multiple times so LOL

lychee, imK and Loni4ever like this.
  2. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: What I desire is unobtainable and what I can obtain, I will never acquire.

My human self desires all pleasures of the flesh and my inhuman self denies all sins of my humanity. I love humans, because they're sinful. I hate myself, because I'm sinful. I live in accordance to the sins bestowed upon me at birth, yet I desire to erase such sins making me whole. I cannot truly love myself as long I desire a world without evils.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    lychee and Loni4ever like this.
  3. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I'm aware i myself no perfect, that's way i need to find my harem to perfect it

If you love yourself that's mean you already perfect being, in other word "FUTA"

Loni4ever likes this.
  4. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I am jack of all trades, but a master of none.

Loni4ever likes this.
  5. BoiledEgg

BoiledEgg New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depression i guess, it's started back in high school, i have low self esteem and learning wasn't my strong point so i ended up labeling myself as "useless" "idiot" and so on. Went to psychiatrist multiple times but didn't work out. Then i got into long distance relationship(we met around 12 times, sometimes we would stay together for a month or so), she was my everything. I worked and changed myself for her. I becomes better though i still have social anxiety. But well, we just broke up last week because she lost her interest. Hence, this made me go through endless crying, pain and hurting myself(because I think she stop having her interest cuz I have social anxiety and boring guy). However, I feel better and constantly thinking to myself this isn't the end. Told myself I did my best. Back to now I started adopting new hobbies and went to gym, get fresh haircut, eat healthy, learn new skills. So yeah, everything starts with you. Don't beat yourself too much. Accept it and move on. It isn't the end.

P.S: sorry for rambling, I don't have any friends to talk to.

Farvel, mir, felidormit and 4 others like this.
  6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My reflection in the mirror. :blobpeek:

7. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    a lack of binary understanding of love

Farvel likes this.
  8. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    There was this fitting quote I came across about how people's love for themselves is tied to how "useful/good/skilled" they are... But ugh I can't find it
    (╯°□°)╯︵┴─┴ I can not not find it!!! *goes off to search through the books* xD

While I'm searching for it, you may watch this video

:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  9. batotit

batotit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because I have a level 100 fireball spell but live in a slice of life story. My skill is useless :(

10. Deleted member 176237

Deleted member 176237 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I already gave up on myself and nothing really matters to me now anymore. Depression really hits me hard I guess.

-sad :^(

felidormit and lychee like this.
  11. Siebzehn

Siebzehn 95% Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    It helps looking back at the things you already went through and are still fine.
    Broke a Window with a Snowball on accident? The insurance covered it.
    Messed up and were wayyyy too late to school? At most your parent yelled at you...
    Had a really embaresment moment in primary school? No one remembers it / you already graduated.

Just know that the current problems will end someday and that there are nice things to look forward to (even if you dont know what they will be)!

12. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Many and varied reasons, none of which I seem to be able to write out without telling my life story.... Sufice to say, I failed at life, and now I just exist as a waste of resources that would be better spent elsewhere.

13. MelancholyCorner

MelancholyCorner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to answer but to sum it up I disappointed myself and others too many times and resulting in a lost motivation to be my best self.

I'm not sure how to be better or if I want to be any better since i have been stagnant like this for as long as I could remember. Well at least I'm not vulnerable enough to fall any deeper so I'm good, :sushi_dead: I may not have much self love but I accepted it and just try to respect whatever worth I have left and not degrade myself anymore than necessary.

14. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    for the love of god, I just can't seem to find that quote *sad wolf noises* pwq
    I'll just paraphrase it and weave it into what I want to say then.

It can be difficult to love oneself regardless of whether one has sth of value to provide. Be that good looks, skills, knowledge, charm, anything other people might value. Growing up in a society where providing sth of value earns you attention and a show of affection, you'd naturally feel valuable and as a result loveable if you think you have sth of value. And the exact opposite if you don't.
    The real deal would be loving yourself regardless of value you provide. Sometimes despite seemingly having none at all, and "being worthless" as some might say. Gosh, I really wish I remembered how that quote went... uugggh I dunno :notlikeblob::blobsob::blobjoy:

Anyway, it'd be loving yourself regardless of anything. Just because :blob_grin:

Not sure if I quite reached that point yet. Although I can say that I like myself more than anyone else xD so I'm not sure if anything is stopping me :hmm: more like I just don't have the wish to turn this nice affection for myself into a heightened "I'm the best I love myself so much I could just cry tears of joy everyday" version of itself :blobjoy::blobjoy: though that would certainly be interesting XD

Also, watch the video in the quoted post for a quick chuckle xD

lychee likes this.
  15. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    imma poor at myself...

16. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it’s a real struggle.

I went through long periods of finding value in myself, so in many circumstances I defined my value in relation to other people. For instance, if I am able to make X happy, I must have value.

However, this kind of paradigm is sensitive to the nature of your relationship with others. If your relationship collapses, you can take huge damage.

Breaking through that other-centric idea of self-value was tough. I think gradually over time I focused on things that *I* love and like, and tried to find love for myself and my identity that way.

mir and imK like this.
  17. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it's shallow and meaningless.

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    inferiority, pessimism, depression, isolation, bullying, social pressure, social system(such as discrimination) hmmm short story internal and external factor

mir and lychee like this.
  19. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: I had no idea! Ganbatte @asriu!

mir likes this.
  20. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's a whole list of problems. And unless you want a breakdown of my terrible childhood and interactions with others, I'm going to keep it simple. An inferiority complex stemming from low self esteem. That basically covers most everything. But I guess there's also the problem that I'm prone to remain fixated on past mistakes, punish myself for imagined transgressions, hate almost everything about myself, and minimal importance to others. Oof.

mir and Archaic pickle like this.