Discussion What is the condition of teacher and students relationship in your country?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Adislt2, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Teachers are underpaid and have no real authority, only in respected schools are they respected. If there are gypsies there's gonna be trouble even in elementary school. If it's some 3 year highschool that accepts the worst students who couldn't get in anywhere else, some teachers are gonna be abused at work(usually the ones with no natural authority), other teachers won't care about these students, leaving the few that actually wanna learn something having to fit in with trash and not learn anything. In most schools however the situation is fine.

2. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's what make things complicated, some people or parents have overprotectiveness that complicated things, for example in junior and senior highschool there's case of parents report the teacher for physical abuse, where in fact teacher only slap him once or give push of squat up punishment because their children is smoking, extort money from other students or fight
    That kind of things that makes things complicated

3. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and it sucks where media or elite people expect that kind of school to have same standard with elite or good highschool where all students there really comes because they want to become a student

4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    In me country, teachers can spank kids till under highschool without breaking bones. In highschool, the kids get bad consequences.

Jojo775 likes this.
  5. grandurr

grandurr [Daisy's Peony] [Negiomi's Nectar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Im from indo, jakarta to be specific and considering how a teacher from my school managed to become friends with benefit and teaching various kinds of "education" towards almost 50 students ranging from lower to upper high school, i sort of lost some respect to some teachers in indo

6. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that kind of teacher that make it hard for us the other teacher to keep up the good image.....

7. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as you take your studies seriously, respect your fellow classmates and teachers, and that you follow the school rules.

Basically just like a Japanese/Chinese/Korean school. Back then teachers have them long ass rulers to slap our hands if we did something wrong. It's your typical Asian class I guess?

8. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What if you report the students to the higher ups? Issue an official statement if the teacher is being harassed or threatened. Is that not allowed?

9. AzureM

AzureM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I'm studying exactly this.
    In my country (Brazil), there's as awkward relationship between students and teachers.
    There're some grade that teachers can't flunk the students. They can see that they're having problems, but they're obligated to approve them.

The government put a lot of pressure to the teachers, making them to sole all kindo of problems and difficulties.

One example is: When there's an student with autism or some special needs the tecaher must have some way to teach them together with other children all alone.
    The government just take a bunch of students and put them in a classroom for the teacher solve all the problems.

A teacher of mine said onde that she gave classes to a kid who is a person with special needs (he couldn't walk) and he was studying in a building with no ramps/elevators.

Other problem there's here is this situation: The teacher is responsible for the kids failure, if the child couldn't learn or got flunk the culprit is the teacher in a context where the parents doesn't even go the meetings (there's even a law that parents have to go).

Lastly: Here in Brazil was a study that Almost half the teachers in a State suffered (?) agression, including verbal and physical aggression.
    2 days ago, 2 students raided a school and killed some students and teachers.

I tried to be clear. I hope you understand what I said :)

10. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's allowed but like I said it's harder and far more complicated at most the problem will ended up in peace agreement between two sides

11. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Bah, it solves nothing,
    I've seen selfies by the student themselves while they're openly disrespecting their teacher uploaded to the net

12. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really annoying to meet those kind of students huh
    Especially the little ones who were spoiled rotten to the point that everything is just your fault no matter what, just because parents think their hellish kids are the most precious thing to everyone in this world :blobconfounded:

Worst is some parent would even dare to attack teachers if their kid got low marks they deserved :blobunamused:

13. Sourceofchaos

Sourceofchaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah there was no relation with the topic, but if school shooting become a common thing then l rather don't go to school right or teach at school.

14. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far, none. Forget teacher student ones, I've never seen anyone even dating in the three schools I've been in all throughout my middle school and high school life. It was a mixed school too.

15. Sourceofchaos

Sourceofchaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well for me l think the student are pussies, a pampered little shit. But on their fb or ig they act like a thug, but just a little pinch on the shoulder and they come crying to their momma to sue their teacher.

16. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    thats how it is everywhere because of the protection minors have in the law

it was better back when we could just beat the snot out of them if they gave too much lip

17. ru5ty

ru5ty Citizen of MILF Kingdom

Reading List:
    Link
    well, i feel old here. i'm from indo as well. when i was just elementary school (late 90s), if you come home and tell your parents, you just get scolded by teacher, you get another one for free from your parents.. parents used to be believe in teacher's judgements.maybe now days we have to many spoiled kids and parents..sorry from my bad english

18. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this some culture thing in India or it's just corruption?

19. grandurr

grandurr [Daisy's Peony] [Negiomi's Nectar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Seen that in indonesia as well, the afore mentioned students were actually quite proud of doing that and bragged about it online which caught the attention of media outlet which was quute funny and retarded at the same time when he tried defending himself and got roasted even harder

20. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Teachers aren't saints either. I am not saying they are paid properly or given great tools and environment but you can still see which are dedicated and which act worse than future drop outs.

There are a few who are 1. great and can get everyone interested in their subject, or 2. laidback people who just teach and put in expected tests and material grading everyone fairly and keeping them in line with talking levelly but being stern when pupils get too relaxed, 3. those who just show up and present their lessons by rote memory and with such disregard for everything they infect their students as well, and 4. the bag of many wondrous nutcases ( not teaching anything, or not even showing up, giving hard tests with too little time, giving tests just for show and actually giving out passes and fails as they please, not giving material at all and not caring if you can acquire it, or just using students as means of venting their frustrations, neuroses and just inner crazy lashing out )