What is the difference between “Recent Posts” (when not logged in) vs “New Posts” (when logged in)?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by kkchaitu, Jul 26, 2019.

1. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am curious as to what the difference is and if I can find “Recent Posts” when logged in?

2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    recent posts are just the lists of threads starting from the one with the the latest post. While new posts are similar except its only the threads you haven't visited

Nom de Plume likes this.
  3. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    To find both, click on the forums tab.

C0E20A0A-74EF-412F-8512-9C0FA61F91DE.jpeg

Scroll down and find a widget. You can click on either of these tabs at the top. I have New Posts selected for this example, but can easily click on New Threads.

0BE5551E-CFB3-4233-9F61-5BACC8D1F13E.jpeg

As for the difference... A rectangle can be a square, but a square cannot be a rectangle. New threads only includes new threads (first post within a thread?) while new posts show active conversation regardless of the age of the thread.

Fun fact: there is is a way to open these as their own windows, but I can’t remember how to do it tonight for the life of me. I think it’s something so simple that I’m stumped, maybe because I’m on my phone right now. :blobpeek:

Well, good luck and have fun on the forums!!:blob_patpat::blobtaco:blobmelt_thumbs

4. IAmViruz

IAmViruz FGO Degen

Reading List:
    Link
    I love your analogy. For those that didn’t understand why a square is considered as a rectangle, a square is just a rectangle with all sides having the same length.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  5. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    3C225E64-D3B3-45AB-A565-5E635E5E153E.gif

IAmViruz likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Just right click on them and open as new tab? *tilts head*