Discussion What is the meaning of life?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Reinhardt, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the meaning of life is what you make it to be.

When it comes down to technicalities, you choose who you want to be, who you want to be with, and in the end, what you want. We face choices everyday in life. Sometimes we make bad choices. Sometimes we make good choices. Sometimes it isn't just black and white, and the choice has no outcome, or affects us later. At times we think we're doing the right thing, and it turns out to be wrong later.
    While there are things like challenges and hurdles in life, and while they can be hard, as long as you try, you're doing good. Sometimes things seem hard, and we make them harder than they are. Also, a lot of the stuff we go through are lessons. We're learning everyday.
    Taking a deep breath, having a clear mind, and just going for it is the best you can do sometimes. And doing your best takes courage.

Choosing to be a nice human is a good outcome. There isn't much competition with that, and we could use more genuine people, who like spreading kindness and overall being decent human beings who mutually support each other, since we're all one of the same; yet being able to understand and celebrate our differences seems like a hard task these days.

I think life is about doing what you want, and also being there for each other. People want to be loved, and be around others. Even people who think they super 'introverted' or don't like being around a ton of people, being lonely is one of the worst feelings. We're social creatures, and having connections and being connected with others is a good way to spend life.
    A rich man is truly poor, surrounded by inanimate shining gems, and the poor man is rich with friends. Or something like that lol. I wrote about the true atrocities of wealth and greed in my English class, senior year.
    And while money can buy you things that make you happy, you cannot buy happiness. Being surrounded by people who love, who you love, that support you and care for you is truly a nice thing.

Some people don't have that. Being grateful is important too.

So the meaning of life is: What ever you want it to be.

Reinhardt likes this.
  2. Tarawa

Tarawa [Clubs] [Zam!]

Reading List:
    Link
    even if you come up with an answer... that answer will change everytime you hit a growth point.. its better to not look too much into the past and the future....

Reinhardt likes this.
  3. Deleted member 343051

Deleted member 343051 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Life is a journey, and becoming a better person every day is the goal

4. Lovelybutter

Lovelybutter The loveliest butter

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought you were having an existential crisis..and wanted to vent lol…

Reinhardt likes this.
  5. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    To procreate and propagate. Nothing more than that. Its final goal might be to spread beyond the current limits - create a new universe out of this one and move there before this one dies.

On a small scale, like your personal life, there's no meaning. If you have children - great, you've contributed. If you don't - whatever, your genes die out; not motivated enough = useless to life. That's me by the way, I'm putting myself out of this race. Just don't inconvenience others, and live your life as you like, cause it's short and it'll pass before you realize it. Don't regret things on your deathbed.

6. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is profound.