Discussion What is the most annoying novels you can think of? And the most amazing Ones

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by NabeRi, Jun 6, 2021.

1. NabeRi

NabeRi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sutad Aatma likes this.
  2. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Kuma kuma kuma bear gets real annoying in later vols , its just cooking , oh she is bear , oh shes sooo strong and i dont belive it . Some very simpestic scenees last for a whole chapter or 3 or 4 . We all know that she is OP , no status check , no more mention of the bear ore ( not sure official name ) affter volumes andhe author just drops the fact that there is this dwarve kingdom and we dont see it untill soo much later after the elf and a bunch of other ones even if it was anounced so soon

4. NabeRi

NabeRi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read that one its good if you are looking for a cute simple novel/manga to pass your time but I stopped after the part when she went to help the elves. I get that she is OP but too much OP makes some novels go boring at the end.

5. ReaderReader

Reading List:
    Link
    @NabeRi i dont have any prob with her being so op and i dont really care that much it was very intresting but it kinda draged some stuff like ( insert any Shonen JUmp Manga that got draged for a long time and got bad ) but kuma kuma gets good agian like later but its still far too much cooking and dragin stuff into chapters

6. NabeRi

NabeRi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why:hmm: but some of the cooking looks so good tho.

ReaderReader likes this.
  7. ReaderReader

Reading List:
    Link
    tru , we got so many restaurants and stuff and the orphanage and the king and the guild and the merchant guid and that city split in half ( so long arc ) and the elves ( kinda useless arc ? ) its repetitive

8. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first thing that immediately came to my head was “The Villain that Reincarnated into the World of a BL Game goes Astray”. What I’m about to say is not at all directed towards the translators, who did a lovely job and shouldn’t be blamed lol.

For context, I started reading this when it was a little bit newer, and the reviews were much less scalding. If I had looked at it later, there’s no chance in hell I would have read it seeing what other people pointed out. But, god is MC so irritating. I won’t go into specifics since this isn’t the place for a review, but I dropped the novel pretty quickly once I figured out it was just one big stereotype. MC could be switched out with an 8 yr old girl and there would be no difference, aside from the strange relationship between him and ML. Honestly, a child is probably more mature than MC. I’ve read quite a few novels with slow and dense MCs, but this one takes this cake on how damn annoying it is.

A genuinely good novel that’s the complete opposite of that one is “How To Say I Love You”. It also uses pretty strong character archetypes, but doesn’t let the reader become too relaxed since the characters are constantly becoming more complex. Even the white lotus ex-boyfriend of the ML starts off as someone you think you could hate easily, but eventually turns into someone that’s easy to empathize with and even harder to villainize.

Both use stereotypes and reader’s bias, but in an entirely different way. Clearly, one was more effective and appreciated than the other. Thanks to the translators on both. :blobsmilehappy: Edit:
    just wanted to clarify, “How To Say I Love You” is definitely not the absolute best novel I’ve read, I just used it as comparison.

9. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I view Kuma Kuma Bear MC as pedo. God, there are too much children in there.

10. Taruna

Taruna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most amazing~ empress livestream

If you like a real powerful MC then this one is for you. Don't need any description just start reading and you will know.

Worst~ abandoned empress

I don't even want to talk about this shit
    It's dangerously disgusting and rage provoking novel

11. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait I’m confused. There are people who *actually* thought the FL was gonna leave the ML in those rebirth abusive novels?

hahahah….

Taruna likes this.
  12. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    She stays for a rematch.

13. NabeRi

NabeRi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right that's why from now on I try to first know if she leaves or takes revenge on the Scumbag before I read a rebirth novel ever again

I don't think she stayed for any good rematch in my opinion, haha but the author threw me off when she actually stayed for him.

Taruna likes this.