Discussion What is the worst novel you've ever had in your reading list?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Darkaeluz, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    never heard of that novel.

2. Rumanshi

Rumanshi 『Demon Lord』『ルマンし』

Reading List:
    Link
    good

Raneday likes this.
  3. bbctheory84

bbctheory84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Worst I have read is Emperors Domination. Author undoes the entire world for no reason. So he can milk more $.

4. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a bit tempted to say "the Legend of Chu Qiao" because it's ending was so irredeemably awful but it's a bit unfair. That story had quite a few things going for it and that's why the ending being bad sucked so much. A fairer way to evaluate books is to look at the ones I wanted to like and how quickly I ended up dropping them. The winner of this would be "To Be a Power in the Shadows!" which I couldn't stand more than a couple of chapters of. Really terrible stuff.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  5. bbctheory84

bbctheory84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    legit to be power was good manga. so i tried the novel cuase high rating and shiz. yet ITS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! THE PROTAGONIST SO FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKIN BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND! Disapointing!!!

6. honeybuttertoast

honeybuttertoast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    agreed, the leads are way too op & plotline got more convoluted instead interesting. I had to check the spoilers forum to keep track what was happening.

7. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    invisible dragon

bbctheory84 likes this.
  8. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    The Lazy Swordsman, it was popular for a while so I put it in my reading list but then when I did read it, I found it to be quite boring

bbctheory84 likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    One Man Army and Max Level Newbie because both are the greatest novel ever and you should read them.
    Seriously though, its Law of the Devil and Hail the King( I hate seeing this on the NU front page)

It baffles me how the author thinks calling characters Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba in a medieval setting makes sense. Both are from the same country too and I bet " Drogba" is not of African descent.
    Well at least he won't suffer from issues with Disney like Law of the Devil author that has the protagonist calling someone Jack Sparrow.
    Both novels with their names are just so ...they make me cringe

10. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    His waifus are always being kidnapped and the doesn't kill the motherfuckers

Darkaeluz likes this.
  11. leprosus

leprosus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shadow hack, by far is the worst.... just horrible and repetitive since chapter two. I'm pretty sure than the writter faps while thinking on his MC.

Just an example, I counted more than 25 times the word tyrannical in just one chapter

12. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Does this thread count as necro-ing? Since it's not locked, I would assume not. :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:
    I don't have a reading list, but the worst novel I've ever read was mind blanked from my memory so that I wouldn't go into shock. :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdead::blob_ghost:

13. Touma212

Touma212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very good novel but trash translation?
    Yea definitely The Sage Who Transcended Samsara. I am reading it right now. Mc transmigrated to some kind of wuxia-xinxia world as a buddhist monk, forced to do task in another world like in infinity genre.
    Nice world build up and relationship between other chara. But, well...translation suck. W the hell with "Protective Heptaureate". This is new vocabulary or some kind of new slangs? Damm it.

Arkeus likes this.
  14. kmr

kmr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't remember the name because I just wanted to erase this thing from my memory so much I was pissed and disgusted.
    Was a typical rebirth-revenge story. I actually liked the lead couple, but 2 things really bugged me until I dropped it out of disgust.
    First, an emperor that had weird interest/attraction to a 12 year-old while he's in his freaking 40s @_@ even in medieval China they would marry in teenage but with similar age range and never pre-puberty.....so I was like WTH!!!! But at least the characters would mention that this behaviour from the king is just too frightening calling a cat a cat at least.
    Second and that's when I gave up & wished to erase this story from my mind. The male lead is the son of a princess, his father treats him and his mom so bad it's crazy. Author has him behave like a sociopath. Later in the story he realizes he was tricked into misunderstanding his wife and son and the author then tries to turn him into whatever pitiful guy who should lose nothing because he says now he regrets. I felt the story was written by a male chauvinist. I could not stomach letting this guy have his way just because he's a guy and no matter what he does to wife and son they cannot possibly leave him. The princess should have divorced that psycho and the male lead forsaken him, but the story gave a pathetic twist to try a happily ever after. Sickening. He abused them so much the princess became mentally ill, he tried multiple times to kill his son...but we're supposed to cheer for that guy keeping everything. I'm still nauseated when I think of this. The normalization/toning down of abuse of women & children is too much some times in novels.

There should be a bottom line to phallocracy in novels.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I realized it was shit from pretty much the start. Honestly, in my opinion it got better after MC "died" and lost his sword since the previous fight scenes were always just stab to the throat anyways.

But the thing is, even though I objectively thought this novel was crap, I did like it.

This has only really happened to me with 3 novels, Chaotic Sword God, God and Devil World, and The Magus Era.

Anyway, besides those I do have lots of shit novels on my "reading list", but that's because I have a few lists dedicated to trash novels so I don't forget and accidentally start reading any of them when someone tries to recommend them to me or such...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.