Japanese What is Wrong with Cinderella?

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by AnoeticDuckling, Jan 15, 2018.

1. AnoeticDuckling

AnoeticDuckling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: or rather "What the Hell, Cinderella?" according to microsoft translator, lol
    Raw Link: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n9004cy/
    NU Link: none :(
    Description on Syosetu (poorly translated with google): One year after the collapse of Gladys IV. At the same time that mourning comes, Altirie makes an official event debut.
    While the royal palace moved around towards the ceremonial ceremony of Nadir accompanied by the founding festival which was about a week later, in the vicinity of the Artillier who moved to the shrine, a different battle broke out.
    As a weapon of past memories and skills that were a single-disciples patissiere of thirty-three years old, Artillier decides to fight to stand next to Nadir as queen.
    My Description/Summary of First 10 Chapters: A pastry chef dies and awakens in the body of a 12 year old princess with severe family tie problems. Her dad is a duke that married a princess from a foreign country. The princess died on the night of childbirth and the duke refused to see her while she was giving birth because he was at his mistress' son's birthday party, off to a great start.
    The king of the mc's mother's country is the mc's uncle and he was furious over this incident with the duke so he took full custody of the mc and decided to marry her at the tender age of 7 months old to a prince that is 15 years her elder. Yikes. Also, I have no idea what country this prince belongs to, google translate isn't the best with names... or continuity... or general understanding of people, places, and things...
    Yada yada, as of chapter 10 she is in her father's (the cold blooded duke) kingdom for "mourning" purposes, I guess... but her life's been attempted on twice so far, and so she decides to skedaddle. The palace of her husband would be a safer place, probably...
    Mc's goal is to secure her safety by cooking for her husband, if her husband finds a use of her, she'll be protected. Husband seems okay... if that was the husband in the side chapter? could have been the reigning king? I have no idea...
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Rather than a reincarnation story with the japanese personality taking over the new body, this one has the two personalities slowly meld. At the start it's all the japanese heroine trying to take stock of what's going on but even as soon as like the fifth chapter the previous occupant of the body starts to show in the way emotions are felt and portrayed, as well as knowledge that the princess has. I also like it because it's pretty sweet and fluffy despite the murder attempts and sometimes heavier subjects. The mc is both clever and childish, she acts befitting her station but dreams of stepping into the kitchen again. She keeps her emotions in check, expect for when she can't. It's nice, it feels like a real person as well as the cognitive dissonance of the large age gap within her memories.
    There's a little bit of large info dumps but honestly... no, they're pretty boring and google translate does not help that in the slightest. Worth it though, in my opinion. Also for the first 13 chapters (including prologue that really seemed to stretch?) there was honestly only two occasions of info dumps with one smaller one in a side chapter as it came from another side of things.
    Also, I honestly don't know if this is supposed to be a romance.
    Good news, the religion doesn't seem to be corrupt but actually good and helpful. That's nice. A nice change for these kinds of books.

2. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    But at first.. I thought you are going to talk about Disney's Cinderella....

3. AnoeticDuckling

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, nah that's the title. Also could be "What a Cinderella" but let's be real, "What the Hell, Cinderella?" is waaaa~y better

4. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea what you said......

FHandsome likes this.
  5. AnoeticDuckling

Reading List:
    Link
    What was confusing?

6. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot. So basically, a heroine reincarnator want to live a peaceful life?

7. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
  8. AnoeticDuckling

Reading List:
    Link
    It is but for the light novel, what I posted is for the web novel. Figured web novel is more readily avaliable.

Yeah but attempts on her life, and cooking is involved. But yeah. I just talk a lot...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2018
  9. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooo I see, well I hope someone picks up either of them. Seems pretty interesting

10. AnoeticDuckling

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too! This machine translation will only get me so far before I give up and cry.

11. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    I commend your determination, brave warrior. I wish you the best in retaining your grammar :blobsalute::sweating_profusely:

juniorjawz and AnoeticDuckling like this.
  12. heartantares

heartantares One Who Provides Uselessly Detailed Information

Reading List:
    Link
    oooooh looks fun~

is it a heartwarming story? Or is it dog blood drama inner palace noble schemes type novel?

I need more sugar in my life so i hope its the former.

13. nikomaru

nikomaru 「Will of the Newtype」「NullPointerException」

Reading List:
    Link
    Just don't forget to add food illustration

14. AnoeticDuckling

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks completely heart warming so far, very little scheming. There's like, scheming involved but it's so far been dealt with with fluffy and sweetness save a few tear jerker parts.

Claire Lilly and heartantares like this.
  15. Elliana

Elliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cooking!

AnoeticDuckling likes this.
  16. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
  17. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's listed in the Isekai (Romance) genre of syosetu, so it'll probably have romance.

Anyways, +1

Claire Lilly and AnoeticDuckling like this.
  18. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't this the same series as this one? If so, it got already picked up by a translator group.

19. AnoeticDuckling

Reading List:
    Link
    I've addressed this already, they posted for the light novel and the translator who picked it up is doing it as a teaser and has only done the prologue. I'm a big fan of that translator, Yukkuri, that's where I found the teaser. And from the thread it seems the provider of raws isn't on anymore.
    I've posted for the web novel, which nobody has picked up. Just so if anyone does want to translate this but can't get the raws for the light novel on their own, this post exists!

20. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah okay, but for you to know, I too have the light novel raws for this series. After Yukkuri translated the teaser, another translator group wanted to pick this up, so I gave them the raws. They should soon upload the first chapters as far as I'm informed.