Question What is your favorite quote?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Ravaryn, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravaryn

Ravaryn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello there. It's me again. Wasn't that a great quote?

This time I wanted to open up a discussion where we could share our favorite quotes from the novel that we have read. (I got inspired by my own post check it out here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/complex-masterpiece.109334/).

Now, here are some of my favorite quotes, or rather small sections/paragraphs. And to be honest, I have plenty of other quotes.

The first one is out of Reverend Insanity:

- I just love this section. Such a great depiction of our world.

Second one is out of Legend of Ling Tian (Chapter 259).

- This one might be a bit out of context. So, look up chapter 259 to get a better understanding.

Another one out of Reverend Insanity (Chapter 127):

- Sorry, I just can't comment. Too perfect.

And a fourth one from Nightfall (Chapter 1):

- This one is such a heavy one.

Keep in mind that these are my opinions and therefore not everyone must agree with it.

I'm looking forward to your quotes.

Ravaryn.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  2. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. HafidzM

HafidzM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In your heart, all lives are to be suppressed by you, humiliated by you, or even swallowed by you. All lives should be honored by this, and even obediently offer themselves up to you. As for those that aren’t willing to be suppressed, humiliated, or swallowed by you, they should be cut to pieces, completely exterminated! This is your mindset, your logic! Your logic may be overbearing, but it isn’t wrong. Because if you have the strength, you can control the life and death of all beings! But now, my strength is even greater than yours so you should be honored by me ruining you.
    TOWARDS THE RUINED AND DEFEATED SAINT SOVEREIGN, CHAPTER 2207

blues86 and Ravaryn like this.
  4. HafidzM

HafidzM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in fact this is not my favorite quote, my favorite quotes are mostly from divine dream. I just added this because it's quiet good.

5. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    the path toward heaven convo. i look at the sun no problem, but some say they can't making it have a even deeper meaning.

6. Eliterising

Eliterising Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How far do you have to walk down that road before you see where it leads? - Marco

7. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    *seeing reverend insanity quotes*

[​IMG]

8. SassyCanoeWizard

SassyCanoeWizard Allure of the unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    "So, what you desire is... an immortal body and infinite growth potential? Got it imma make u a skeleton," said the goddess
    stop, friendly fire
    "Until it was all over, I kept perfectly still. I was still playing hide-and seek.
    I was playing hide-and-seek to this day, unable to return to the real world."
    We don’t open anywhere
    Best Lyle:
    1) “Then let's dye that graveyard in my magnificent colors!”
    2) “I belong to neither of you. But you’re both already mine.”
    3)”Don’t you think the battlefield is the perfect place for the maidens of war to confess?”
    4) “A wonderful strike! If that hit, I would’ve died. So aren’t you glad you’re paired with me?”
    5)”Amazing… no matter what I say, I can make anyone fall for me. I’m beginning to fear myself"
    Sevens
    My job mostly entailed cleaning rooms.

Why would I go cleaning other people's rooms?
    Because it comes along with suicide.

Get the room clean and leave a note, and no one will be suspicious of a suicide.
    Making it all tidy. That's the important part.

The procedure is as follows.

1. Take over the target's body.
    2. Hint at suicide.
    3. Tidy up the room.
    4. Write a note.
    5. Commit suicide.

And so, if asked my profession, I would call myself a "Cleaner."
    Which was, of course, true in more ways than one.
    The Simple Job of Driving People to Suicide

9. LiLi041

LiLi041 【Lucky RNG Halo】【Eternal Townie】

Reading List:
    Link
    "The furthest distance in the world isn’t that I am in the north and you are in the south.
    It is that I am still reviewing the question while you’ve already filled in the answer."
    ~Card Room, chapter 39

I just thought this was really funny when I read it lol. It's kind of cute~ And romance-y! :blob_grin:
    (Not serious like the previous posts, sorry~)

10. Ravaryn

Reading List:
    Link
    ;)

FIEND likes this.
  11. Shirayuki..

Shirayuki.. 〖13th Princess Of Chaos♡〗〖Your Oneesan :3〗

Reading List:
    Link
    "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”– Helen Keller

Zone Q11, Ravaryn and blues86 like this.
  12. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

ty for this thread
    i loved reverend insanities quotes so much that i even made one into a poster'
    "Ambitious mountains with steps firm as steel
    taking large strides with unwavering determination
    taking risks to obtain the essence of the universe,
    my heart still seeks to rise beyond the heavens"- fang yuan on musing of his goals of immortality

"don’t always bet on your luck, Even if you’ve won many times in the past, just one loss would doom you for eternity."- Omnicient viewers

"
    Loyalty to others is betrayal to oneself, betraying others is loyalty to yourself.”- Fang yuan

o us minor characters, crying is of no use, no one will hear us even if we shout, we can only persevere by ourselves."- fang yuan

Ask yourself, listen to your own inner voice. What do you want to do? What kind of person do you want to be, where do you want to go? You can get an answer in your own heart.” Don’t because of their attitude, Feel wronged in your own mind. If you often feel wronged yourself, then you will regret it, you will often bring a mask and become another person, anyway, not the real you.” I’m tired of living with a mask… I want to live with my true face and want to achieve my goals in the way I want to the most. Only when I am alive can I feel the passion of life and the desire for life!”

-Fang yuan to that one chick in the mermaid arc

Loyalty to others is betrayal to oneself, betraying others is loyalty to yourself.”

Ravaryn and SamStrike like this.
  13. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.

Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of "interest", "kinship", "friendship", "love" and "hate". But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

꧁______________________________________________________꧂

Humans only live for a hundred years, it is as unreal as a dream that ends in an instant. What is the point of a person living in this world? No more than just being on a journey, and witnessing interesting things. Although I do not want to die, I do not fear death. I am already on my right path, I have no regrets even if I die.

꧁___________________________________________________________________꧂

Only eternal life, this majestic and unattainable target, could make the journey of his life become more interesting.

This was the meaning he gave to this life! Pursuing eternal life did not mean he was afraid of death or afraid of failure. He calmly accepted death and failure. Whether eternal life existed or not, there was no evidence to prove it. But even if it did not exist, so what? He enjoyed the process. In the process of pursuing eternal life, he found his meaning and felt that this life was quite interesting. The lowly lust and desires of his body, satisfaction of love and hatred, he was already tired of them.

Only eternal life was worthy of being his target to pursue.

꧁____________________________________________________________________꧂

I was wrong!

I thought that he was a heartless person or was filled with hatred and rage, that was the reason for his evil actions. But the truth is, he has abundant emotions, he does not lack anything. Even though he pursues strength, he is not obsessed with it. What drives him to do this is his goal. This goal is deeply ingrained in his heart, not only three lifetimes, even after a hundred lifetimes, it cannot be eradicated.

This person cannot be reformed.

Taken from here: Fang Yuan quotes

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Ravaryn and FIEND like this.
  14. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    fang yuan has unbeatable quotes
    the dude is a dao

Ravaryn likes this.
  15. DarkServant

DarkServant Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not Really, [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fate Shirou : People die if they are killed
    Anos Voldigod : Hold my beer.

Zone Q11, Diametric and Ravaryn like this.
  16. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To quote a song: 'The good and the bad - they will both try to sway you; be steadfast and unmoved; your motives must stay true.'
    Also, check my signature.

Ravaryn likes this.
  17. junior2729

junior2729 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "What matters is what you want to pursue in your heart. If you really don't know, then I'll give you a friendly reminder: make every effort to improve yourself to become stronger, smarter, better than it is now being so, one day, you will know what you really want.. in In this process, don’t do anything to slack off, and don’t stop because of the pursuit of comfort and identity, then you will be quickly assimilated by your environment and the people around you. Really, you will lose all opportunities. If this world is really an illusion, then you will never be able to jump out." - science and technology wizard(科技巫师)

"Not enough to reach the apex." - Li Qiye

"'Do you not fear the gods?!' 'I do fear them. I fear them, so I'm well-prepared.'" - ??

"I may lie, and I may steal, and I may rough some people up from time to time. But it's all for a good cause: Self Preservation."

"There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.
    "There is no strength in flesh, only weakness.
    "There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
    "There is no certainty in flesh but death.”

Ravaryn likes this.
  18. Ravaryn

Reading List:
    Link
    For the first one, is there an English translation of the book? Also the third and fourth and fifth quote, who says them and in what novel? And thx for sharing the quotes!

19. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Only friends can betray you. Enemies will never have the opportunity to betray you." - Mei Changsu.

"I'll give you ten free moves... again." - Ming Feizhen.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  20. little_toastie

little_toastie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “You can’t protect anyone with a broken sword. Instead of thinking about dying for somebody, think about living together.”

I kinda don't like the novel where it is from, but that quote just sticks to my mind :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.