What Is your favorite Quote

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by CrowTengu123, Aug 5, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guns don't kill people do!

this is why people shouldn't buy guns needlessly

sithkazar likes this.
  2. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    I dub thee quote bunny! :)

P.S. My brother loves bunnies so I also send him cute pictures and gifs. Here is a new one:

http://i.imgur.com/K6WCZXO.gifv
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Teenaizen

Teenaizen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "If you want to destroy the world, I'll provide the ammunition."
    - Devon Solaris (Eclipse Hunter)

sithkazar likes this.
  4. Prime43

Prime43 Member of the Polygamy Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    My fav quote ...
    from Blade 2 :
    'You are human?'
    'Barely, i am a lawyer'

sithkazar likes this.
  5. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Still my fave quote till now
    “Enemy? Oh, you are wrong, they are just fat sheep. The pleasure in killing fat sheep is to strip them, not defeat them.”

Woc chapter 296

sithkazar likes this.
  6. augusttz

augusttz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. OnyxSabre

OnyxSabre Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore' - Christopher Columbus

'If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl.' - Hikigaya Hachiman

hachiman hikigaya and sithkazar like this.
  8. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH

after reading a lot of xianxia i thought of a quote......"if you are lazy just read, if you are talented just write, if you are a genius just.....copy&paste"...

sithkazar likes this.
  9. Raobihr

Raobihr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I don't like chocolate but the quote still fix the majority of the time, I somewhat like the chocolate with caramel in it or the ones with other type of fillings they take away the nasty chocolate. In every box of chocolate there is normally one piece I will like But 99% of it is shit LOL maybe It should be mix chocolate and not just chocolate for the quote

sithkazar likes this.
  10. Prolux

Prolux [Specifically Lazy] [Weirdly Motivated]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward, whoever can not take care of himself without that law is both, for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if live i will kill you if i die you are forgiven, such is the rule of honor"

sithkazar likes this.
  11. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tho this is not anime,manga nor novel here it is
    "A sword mirror its owner"
    "A broken blade is enough for the likes of you" #riven mains most toxic players

12. Byb

Byb fucking leftist liberal

Reading List:
    Link
    No man is an Iland, intire of it selfe; every man is a peece of the Continent, a part of the maine; if a Clod bee washed away by the Sea, Europe is the lesse, as well as if a Promontorie were, as well as if a Mannor of thy friends or of thine owne were; any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.

sithkazar likes this.
  13. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    Solace (from elwiki):
    No matter what you do...time does not wait.

“A great achievement that seems flawed, great fullness that seems empty, great intelligence that seems foolish……”

forgot where i got this from:
    A quiet night calms a person’s heart!......
    ........The passing of a gentle breeze drives away the gloom of one’s heart.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    sithkazar likes this.
  14. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I also have my txts somewhere, but recently I've neglected them.
    Here's some I found:
    "Time is a drug, too much of it kills you." Terry Pratchett

“If there is no jingshi, even beauties don’t work!”

"Only two things are guaranteed in life:
    Suffering and Death.
    Everything else is a bonus."

Still one of my favorites: “The battalion commander’s chest muscles are not bad!”

“Court death, and you just might succeed”

"plans can never catch up to change"

"humans head towards highland, water flows towards lowland"

“the winner is the king and the loser is the thief”

"If it’s fortune, it’s not a disaster. If it’s a disaster, it’s unavoidable."

"The deeper one digs into research, the more he realizes he knows nothing."

"rather be crushed jade than a piece of intact tile"

“Life is like a dream! When I wake, I want to keep traces of it!”

“Ahwooh… I opened this road and planted this tree. If you want to pass, you must pay a fee!”

“I will not dilute the argument by speaking against something I’ve never experienced; the facts always speak louder than words to a fair mind!”

"treasuring a jade ring becomes a crime"

“The people are the same from back then, but the purpose is not the same as back then. As for the taste of the alcohol, it’s naturally different as well. It has become hard to swallow, so it’s better to not drink it.”

“A great distance of a million li, an ocean of humanity numbering over hundreds of millions; yet, not a single one can keep me company as I drink, and not a single wine is worthy of making me joyful as I drink! This world is simply too sorrowful! Ahaha, when drinking wine with a bosom friend, a thousand cups are too little, when words exchanged are disagreeable, even a little is too much! When the wine is not good, the people become wearier. Where is the meaning in such a way of drinking? I will take my leave!”

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Astaroth and sithkazar like this.
  15. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link

When Shaar Thunder entered the town, nobody paid any attention to him. The tattered clothed and the ragged wolf fur coat he was wearing gave him the vibe of a beggar. Furthermore, because he fixed a charred black pitchfork on his waist as a weapon, most people thought that he must be one of those “mentally retarded” beggar.

While Shaar Thunder was walking down the street of Primal Wildfire Town like a hungry wolf that just escaped the mountain, a pair of greedy eyes were staring at him from a store entrance on the roadside.
    Thus he could only conceal his identity and go into exile. He hoped to try his luck in Primal Wildfire Town which was under nobody’s jurisdiction.

Right now, Tatara saw Shaar Thunder walking down the street.

To be more precise, he saw the thing that was hanging on Shaar Thunder’s neck!

In the eyes of a magician, as soon as he saw that thing dangling on Shaar Thunder’s neck, he could not help get overwhelmed with greed.

It looked like a greyish stone without any gloss.

However ……Tatara swore on the almighty god, it was a superior magic soul crystal!!!
    Shaar Thunder was suddenly blocked from his path.
    Although he was dizzy from hungry, after clearly seeing that fellow who had blocked his path, he immediately grasped the meaning that something was not right!

“Hello young man, do you want to make a deal?”

Tatara tried to put on his most genuine smile, but obviously his efforts were in vain. Seeing that smile, Shaar Thunder’s face became vigilant and his first reaction was to simultaneously grip one hand on his weapon while another hand quickly covered his pocket.
    (Do I really look like a bad guy?) A sudden urge to crying overcame Tatara. However in front of a beggar, his pride forced him to act in a haughty manner of a master magician.

Seeing the vigorous and strong physique of Shaar Thunder, he gave up the idea of robbing him. (Better deceive him, lure him to an alley and put him to sleep!)

Tatara squinted his triangular eyes and tried to put on a modest smile: “I would like to introduce myself. I am a magician.”

Shaar Thunder gave Tatara a dazed look and showed no response.

Tatara waited and expected a look of awe, but the youth in front of him showed an expression that would have made no difference between “a magician” and “a pig”.

Awkward silent lingered for a little while. Tatara lost his patience while continuing staring at him and started coughing: “……Do you not know who magicians are?”

“I know.” Shaar Thunder honestly nodded. Although he lived in the mountain, he often came and left Primal Wildfire Town. How could he possibly not know what a magician was?

“Then …… you aren’t surprised when a grand magician is standing before you?” Actually, Tatara was somewhat taken by surprise. The young man stood in front of a magician without even blinking an eye. Was he a hidden master?

Nonetheless, from the look of his appearance, his young age, wearing his ragged fur coat and his hair tied together in braids like local mountain tribesmen, he did not seem like a person with high skills, only naïve and plain.

“That’s because you do not resemble a magician.” Shaar Thunder told the truth and seemed somewhat embarrassed. He shyly scratched the back of his head: “I thought that magicians were supposed to look handsome.”

Tatara: “…………” (His resentment continued to rise)

Being hit on his weak spot, Tatara got a bit annoyed: “Then who do you think I am?!”

“A swindler.” As an honest person, Shaar Thunder gave him a very simply answer. “My foster father taught me a few things. If someone inexplicable approached you with a friendly smile, then the first response should be to cover your purse.”

Shaar Thunder smiled towards Tatara and showed a sincere and calm expression. In a very serious tone he said: “Dear Mr. Swindler, as you can see I am a poor man who currently does not even have a copper plate. I think you prefer not to waste your time.”

Finishing his sentence, Shaar Thunder tried to bypass Tatara.

What the hell… he climbed down the mountain and walked almost 30 miles. On the way, he could only find spring water to fill his stomach. By the time he arrived in the town, he was so hungry that his belly could be mistaken for a drum. His belt was fastened tighter than ever. Right now, his hunger was so overwhelming that he would eat a piece of wood if it was in front of him.

In this kind of situation, the most important thing was to quickly find a way to get something to eat. He could not bother to waste his time with swindlers – If it was every other normal day, he would have already punched and broke this swindlers bones.

Tatara grabbed Shaar Thunder who wanted to leave and anxiously said: “Wait! I am a real magician! How can I make you believe me?”

“Believe you?” Shaar Thunder blinked his two eyes and hesitated for a while. With an overly cautious and prudent appearance he said: “Only……Only if you show me your magic.”

“……Alright!” Tatara wanted to spit blood from anger, but for that superior magic soul crystal he suppressed his rage. He pulled Shaar Thunder from the street, used his back to block the pedestrians and stretched out his finger: “Ok! Look carefully!”

Finishing his speech, his mouth whispered several incantations and raised his hand. Suddenly, a handful of grey powder appeared from his palm and he sprayed it on Shaar Thunder’s body.

This was a handful of dust.

Shaar Thunder looked at his clothes that got dirtied by the dust, patted it and asked dissatisfied: “What magic is this?”

“Enhanced dust magic!” Tatara lifted his chin proudly. This was indeed the magic that he excelled at. It was one of the most low-level spell of earth magic and was used to raise a cloud of dust to confuse the enemy in a fight by reducing the line of sight – It was the same principle as using dry lime powder in a fight, which would have an equally good result.

Shaar Thunder was somewhat disappointed and showed disdains: “What you showed me cannot be called magic.”

He looked at Tatara full of suspicion and firmly shook his head: “The other day, I saw a performance of a wandering circus in the town. It was more interesting than your trick. There was a person who pulled a rabbit out of his hat!”

Wandering, Wandering circus?!

Pulled a rabbit out of a hat?!!

Fuck, who does this bastard think I am?!

Tatara really felt like spitting out blood!

“And ……Perhaps this handful dust was hidden in your sleeve beforehand.” Shaar Thunder looked at Tatara’s spacious robe sleeves with suspicion. Tatara was wearing a fur-lined robe made of high quality material to fit his high magician’s status and acted as a symbol. The robe was made spacious and the sleeves were long and curled up several times.

“Bastard! How could I possibly do such s thing!” Tatara felt badly insulted.

“Unless …..You let me inspect your clothes in order to search for anything hidden.”

Shaar Thunder gave off a very honest look.

“……Alright!” Tatara’s face reddened from anger and he felt that he got enormously insulted! Even during this moment, he had not forgotten the stone hanging on Shaar Thunder’s neck.

This had to be a joke! Me, a prestigious magician was compared to trickster by this stupid kid?!

His status as a magician was the only thing remained that Tatara was proud of!

He outrageously took off his fur lined robe and threw it in front of Shaar Thunder: “You go and have a look inside and see if there is something hidden! Humpf!”

Shaar Thunder received the robe and immediately searched it carefully. He inspected it unusually careful, from inside to the outside, from neckband to the sleeve cuff and even looked at the inside lining.

While inspecting, Shaar Thunder casually mentioned: “Oh, your robe must have cost a lot of money.”

“Of course! This was bought from a tailor shop in Royal Capital and is worth six silver coins! This is real high quality bearskin! Only this kind of clothes can match a magician’s prestigious status!” Tatara replied annoyed – actually he was lying. The bearskin was real bearskin and it was indeed bought in a Royal Capital tailor shop, but the price was not six silver coins, but only three.

While listening, Shaar Thunder maintained his composure, but his eyes hinted of a deeper meaning.

He raised his head and gave Tatara an innocent expression that looked like he could never harm any human nor animal: “I finished looking…yes…I have to admit that you are indeed not a sly swindler.”

“Of course!” Tatara put out his chest.

Shaar Thunder suddenly grinned and chuckled: “You are actually a stupid swindler.”

The second he stopped talking, Shaar Thunder scooped that expensive fur-lined robe, turned around and sprinted away!!

He ran extremely fast and in a blink of an eye, he vanished in a small alley on the roadside.

Tatara froze at the scene and was stupefied. His eyes widened and it took him some time until he suddenly roared: “Someone snatched my clothes!!”

“Nobody’s going to be safe until everybody’s armed. You’d think the world would learn from the carnage in gun free zones. ”

“Life is like a box of chocolates that muggers will kill you for.”
    -Caine Deathwalker

Arcturus and sithkazar like this.
  17. Lunnear

Lunnear BL Readers and Writers- [My Muse is Yaoi~!]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am pretty sure that's from Tales of Demon and Gods,

"Infinity has no beginning and beginning has no end." Kong Meng.

Correct me if I am wrong.

18. Selviata

Selviata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Daddy me

19. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    "Tell, don't show." - Authors around the world. :rolleyes:

20. vayola

vayola Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I say you won't escape,Then escape You SHALL NOT !!!

“When you're dodging, you're "afraid of getting hit." When you're attacking, you're "afraid of hitting me." When you're protecting someone, you're "afraid of them dying."

It's pathetic! You can't give into fear in a fight!

When you're dodging, think "I won't let you hit me!" When you're protecting someone, think "I won't let you die!" When you're attacking, think "I will cut you!"
    --Urahara Kisuke”

sithkazar and Lunnear like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.