Discussion What is your ideal romance?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Fishy_MC_FishMan, Jun 13, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yairy

Yairy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like reading GL stories.

But my idea romance will always be that there is "the one" out there for everyone. I can naively believe that there is that special person who makes you feel a special way and only them in the world. So I like romance that there is a long journey be it emotional or physical to eventually find the one you love out of all the people the character met.

2. Nightenviel

Nightenviel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Used to love monogamy type of stories but that has changed over time, I still look for stories like those from time to time though,
    something like maybe not getting together at first and then slowly realize that they're compatible? I still remember going nuts for those types of stories on my teen days.

Super hard to find stories with something like that though that's worth reading or playing though, nowadays I'm a sucker for hot blooded main characters that get several women along their travels- whilst not forgetting or leaving out earlier harem members.

3. onyxwolf

onyxwolf New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Straight monogamy, but the kind of romance that gives us an insight into why they love each other in the first place, showing instead of telling and doing so without our realizing it.

That's the best kind of storyteller right there.

Fishy_MC_FishMan likes this.
  4. joyshu

joyshu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    straight monogamy,but they spend time together and know each other and not fall in love directly.
    for example i get a childhood friends loving each other since they know a lot about each other and they have spent lots of time together from their young age.
    i don't like how the mc and fl see each other for the first time and fall in love without knowing anything about each other

5. AmethystCherry

AmethystCherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BL, monogamy. I want lots of sweetness & fluff. I prefer mature and no dumb misunderstandings. Although immature could be ok sometimes to see the characters develop. I like the sweet but dominant ML. In general, just not something stupid. I prefer a good story/plot with romance.

6. SamStrike

SamStrike Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Straight and monogamous. Without any kind of love triangle or stupid misunderstanding that are clearly done for the plot. Just a normal romance without any stupid twist. Romance should also just be a side-genre of the novel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.