Discussion What is your (least) favourite QT arc type?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by TamTyler, Jun 7, 2021.

?

What are your favourite arcs? choose 3

1. ABO

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Interstellar

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. Survival

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Video game

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Cultivation

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Tribal

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. educated youth (yk the in the 70s/80s? in China)

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. Campus

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  9. Acting

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  10. Business

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  11. western fantasy

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  12. whatever i have forgotten

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TamTyler

TamTyler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I am almost exclusively reading BL QT cnovels I find myself liking some arc types better than others.
    I really enjoy modern world entertainment arcs (bc the movie stories are also interesting and the matter of coming out of the closet is being addressed) and business world arcs (dominate others with money!).
    But I can't sympathize with video game arcs and voice acting arcs (the stakes seem so insignificant).
    I can't really get myself to like survival either (dunno too much mysteries somehow doesn't hook me).

What are your preferences?

Applejambubble likes this.
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Ancient times are annoying

3. Nana24

Nana24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really like western fantasy, maybe there are too few arcs regarding them.
    ABO arc quite interesting

4. spicyramen32

spicyramen32 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love Campus and Entertainment Arcs, for a least favorite i would have to say either ancient ( because all the terms I need to learn are annoying ) or western fantasy ( it’s just plain boring to me )

5. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I dislike interstellar arcs the most, because sci-fi is a hard genre to get into in the first place, and the QT arcs I've read so far can't give justice to it. They're almost always about mechas, ABO academies, and/or being at war with zergs which get really boring fast. :blobpopcorn_two: Western fantasy is another least favourite of mine if there are elves, because you bet there'll be slavery and rape/non-con elements abound. :blob_coughblood:

On the other hand, my favorite arcs are ancient empire/court intrigue (whether or not its ABO) because scheming yay, and showbiz because that industry interests me. Videogame arcs are ok too because I like reading about gaming (altho I don't play them much myself), and the interactions between players can be comedy gold.

babybb and Lissi like this.
  6. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interstellar and western fantasy because sometimes I can't bother to keep up with the world details, and a lot of times the protags are unbearably OP that I can't stand it
    Zombie apocalypse because I hate zombies
    Video games because I'm unfamiliar with it, and the ones I've read are cringey so the impression stuck
    Entertainment if the plot is too cliched and too illogical
    That 1900s setting because.. idk, never find ones that's really engaging so I instinctively avoid it
    And what's tribal? Seems like I haven't read enough

7. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually love video game arcs~ They're really fun, and it's the kind of world I always wanna play but would never do so because I'm a bad gamer :blobcheeky:

The relationship between the characters feels more lighthearted and I like that.

I also like modern arcs (campus/business/entertainment), though admittedly they aren't nearly as fun after lots of repitition.

Survival/horror games are amazing!!! :blobicecreamlove:
    There's usually a lot of planning/scheming/strategizing involved, and I love those a lot!!

Apocalypse arcs are kinda eh for me though, it's either about becoming the strongest ability user/becoming the best scientist... >.<

I guess I also liked the ger/mermaid+breeder/sentinel+guide worlds, simply because they seem to be rare on the whole and it's fun?

zahram99 likes this.
  8. bingpupschewtoy

bingpupschewtoy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I hate tribal mainly because the setting seems kind of gross? I'm not sure how to describe it, but there's no toilets or showers, and they have to eat really gross food...lol I just can't deal with that. Also all the tribal stories I've read have non/dubcon, and sometimes the ML can't even communicate because they don't have language.
    Survival because I'm a wimp and it all just sounds exhausting. I'm tired just from sitting at my computer all day, how do these protags run from zombies and still have the time and energy to date?

9. Yakinori

Yakinori Human

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to love entertainment something arcs before but I got tired of it. Always keep seeing the same flow of the story in almost all QT novels.

10. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Entertainment/Acting for sure, it's soooo overdone.

11. Xu Wen Hui

Xu Wen Hui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tribal honestly just freaks me out a lot, mainly because of the hygiene. The best arc in my opinion is just a normal modern day.

rant incoming:
    The ghost/supernatural exorcism is just boring to me; no, i dont want to hear about the past and how they died. Abo and interstellar, some arcs are really a gem but the others are just kinda dubcon? to me with those omega and alpha heats and ruts. The cultivation arc is a pain to mtl sometimes but overall my experience with it was fine.
    The apocalypse troupe is just overused to me. Either someone rebirthed and took their original space power pendant or something and then got thrown to zombies and then get together with the zombie king or the base leader. out of all the options and the author just gave us a space or a healing pond? I mean lightning sounds super cool to me and the fire ones too.
    Video games is probably when the mc gets into the original body and the game they're playing gets slandered and blah blah blah.

I actually like reading campus one or when they're in high school, i just like seeing them study.
    The acting arc, okay theres sorta a saying.
    Out of 10 acting arcs, at least 9 of them has the MC and the ML starring in a bl movie/drama. 8 of them has the ML being the acting emperor and winning a shit ton of awards when their in the late twenties. 7 of them are an investor in the company they work at. 6 of them has help paid the MC for their contract and moved then over. 5 of then suddenly decided to appear on a variety show with the MC. Plus points if after its broadcasted they gain cp fans. The list goes on and there you have it.

QT novels are fun to read in general, NU qt novels are just faceslapping, hugging a big thigh, the main god or system have a shard in every world and then the end they fall in love. Not that its a bad thing but sometimes it gets a bit tiring. Ty for reading my rant, imma go sleep now