Discussion What is your strongest memory from childhood?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting, what are the odds. So did you see the end of the dream, I mean the floor in the tower? I blackout from stating at the blurs, and yes, I was conscious in the nightmare, but I can't move or anything. I had to wait it out until I slowly went mad or sick from the continuous fall. There was no sensation of hitting the ground, just "there" yet it seemed I was falling, and frankly, it was scary. I also realized, that the deeper I fell, the surroundings started showing something else. I can't tell if I was going back or forward in time, but damn, until to this day, I have a fear of falling. Not heights but "falling", so even when I play games and make my character fall, I literally start sweating and my heart beats faster.

2. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    That one time I vomited 12 times consecutively when I was 8. There was no one home to drive me out and I remember waking up on the sofa feeling so queasy. I had food poisoning and was too young and afraid of vomiting so I ended up holding it back after vomiting out a small amount, which just resulted in the large number of times I ended up squatting in front of the toilet bowl... I completely avoided eating my favourite noodle dish for 2 years after that lol

3. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know about my childhood.....but a few day ago i was dreaming about my RL and i was going shopping, while i was on the road sudently all around me distorted and blacked out:blobdizzy:......i wake up while feeling a little scared since i was feeling weak and thinking i was about to die:blobhyperthink:........i just got a flu and had my nose clogged...:facepalm:

4. Lolistalker

Lolistalker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm, my parent got divorced and I leave with my mom and then the next day there was a pretty big earthquake, we went back home to meet my sister as my dad is out of the city working (or so I thought, he might be with his new wife who knows) that happened at around 2006, it wasn't a dream but I wish it was

5. Saphychan

Saphychan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A twisted version of Alice in Wonderland...

In the dream, my apparition followed a blonde girl in blue, "Alice" through a wooden door in a hedge and ended up in an endless field where an old man was digging a hole. "Alice" went over and talked to him while "I" stood aside and stared at the infinite landscape that was moving up and down like rolling sea waves, constantly changing in the four seasons and when "Alice came back she asked me to help the old man dig; "I" didn't ask anything and agreed.

I dug for a long time, I remember the sun moving across the sky and when I had dug until there was more than a meter worth of dug out space above my head, both Alice and the old man started shoveling dirt on my head :blobfearful:.

I yelled at them to stop and clawed the wall until my fingers were bloody. I remember that even after the hole was completely covered up and the old man even stomped on it, the screams of my apparition in the dream could still be heard from under the earth.

The old man sat down on a white bench under a rose arch- neither of which were there before- and started drinking tea while "Alice" was twirling and dancing in the field.

I swear, this was the worst dream I ever had in my life (right after being stuck in World War Z with my classmates in highschool :blobcheeky:) yet I was able to sleep all the way until morning and wake up normally; but I remembered every detail of that dream from beginning to end despite being the type of person who usually forgets what I dream after I wake up.:blob_teary:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  6. checkman123

checkman123 [Nez] [The Bystander][RAWR FEAR ME]

Reading List:
    Link
    When my parent were arguing/fighting each other. They somehow smashed a watermelon in the process. I then sneakly to eat while watching then argue. It was a delicious watermelon. :)

7. SugarImmortal

SugarImmortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when i set our shed on fire after which my brother beat all my baby teeth out of my mouth leaving me to eat soft foods for a year and a half

8. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ! You are so cuuuuuuuuute ! Makes me want to tease you. Or hug you.

9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the few memories i got of my childhood, not that young not sure how old i was.
    I was playing hide and seek in my house and i was in the closed terrace of the house. I tried to hide under the only table in the "room", i was stung by a wasp because they tried to build a nest there.

10. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    That time I almost drowned.

11. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows there are so many of them good bad and boring one.

Between kindergarden and grade school i needed to go to some eye exercise and carry a eye-patch all day long aaaarrrr.
    Grade school swimming lesson i was one of the kids that not only do not know how to swim before it came up in school, was also
    petrified about it. Till today i do not know how the teacher have successful teach me it.

On one site i hated those things back then, but today with my knowledge about it am grateful that i did it at that time.

12. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than seeing, it was more like feeling.. when falling, I had a feeling of constant fear of dropping.. but when I "dropped", it was more like a jolt which instantly woke me up..

I've also had several kind of nightmares which caused lingering fear, so I googled up a bit about nightmare case study, and found that my case can be caregorized as night terror problem rather than nightmare..

"Night terrors and nightmares are distinct clinical and physiological phenomena [19], [20]. Nightmares and most dreams are events arising from REM sleep, whereas night terrors occur during NREM sleep. Nightmares are characterized by heightened emotionality invested in or accompanying the visual event, and are rich in imagery and open to recollection. By contrast, night terrors are characterized by absence of imagery or, when imagery is present, it mostly resembles a passing visual hallucination with no meaningful content.
    source :
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1016319013001225

Well, it's quite interesting that everyone sharing their experience here.. and it also varies between nightmare, difficult time, silly time, and happy time.. :cookie::aww:

13. xylero

xylero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you believe if i told you guys the a male dentist almost killed me....true story of my lyf.... I was at least on elementary when ive gone to the dentist for tooth extraction unluckily our regular dentist w/c was my godmother was on a seminar of somesort so we have an appoinment on another one w/c was a bad idea now i think of it cuz i dont really like them asides my godmother so after getting my tooth out the dentist needed to stitch the one he took it from cuz it was bleeding non stop he only put cotton to the gap... After that weve gone to the province unkowingly that the wound was still bleeding and i was unkwowingly swallowing my own blood getting told its okay and only need to change the cotton when i complained to my parents cuz thats was they wrre told by that *ss*ole when they called him and some painkillers ... So i they were relaxed at that w/c was too bad for me as it continued until the nxt day later that night i hurled my guts out and guess what it was... blood ... I was pale and dizzy and was brought to the hospital late at night nid to be dextrosed and been injected w/ some numbing medecine on my gums to temporally ease stop the bleeding .....there it was discovered that i was a bleeder ..... So my parents called my godmother to ask what to do, and was told to buy some foamgel w/c was used to seal the wound unluckily again it was the province w/c means the hospital was small and have been out of stock so my aunt has to personally brought it there w/c ws thankfull cuz the doctor want to plug me w/ a blood bag cuz im starting to become anemic from blood loss if the bleeding doesnt stop.... SO starting from that point i prefer FEMALE dentist and making sure that i told them what my condition is b4 making appoinment w/ any of them and STILL TODAY I WANT TO SMACK MALE dentist if i see one...

bbctheory84 likes this.
  14. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, but the strange thing about my nightmare is that I never saw these things. Like I never saw or learned history, including the history of even the simplest of things. I was quite the sheltered child back then, and only when I reached high school did I recall this nightmare, and what I remember is what I learned along the school years. The problem is, back in my childhood, I never did know anything or seen it before, yet I saw things that I learned in the future. It was mind blowing for me, but probably my memories were just mixed with old and new, and if not, something definitely made see things "I'm not suppose to see". No, the accurate wording would be, "I've yet to see".

Makes me recall about that anime Chaos;Head/Child where they go "Whose eyes, those eyes?".

15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Skip to the red part if you want to read/hear me talk about my premonitory dreams not some bullshit déjà vu look alike dreams.
    Were you pretty old / tall enough to reach the pedals ? Or did you just start the car and/or remove the brakes ?
    I think i want to squirm seeing that you were (are?) pretty innocent in your childhood.
    Thought so too (that the topic would be childhood memories and not dreams). Also i would prefer to talk more about childhood then dreams.

My dreams (sorry not of my childhood but still interesting nevertheless):
    most of my dreams are just nothing. I can't deny or affirm the theory that i forgot my dreams because i already experienced dreaming and 10s later, it becoming fuzzy. I just wake up refreshed but feel like i time skipped or to be more precise i only experienced 0,00000001s falling asleep and waking up.
    When i rarely dream there is just random stuffs feeling like i just experience a succession of different environments.
    I had only 1 pervy dream in life (not that long ago 1 year ago maybe), i dreamt of Rory of Gate no jietai but woke up because i could do anything.
    Recently i learned (with the starting info because of my pervy dream) that i only "go forward" in my dreams (not the direction, baka...). I do stuff but can't rectify, the dream continue pulling out new stuff without allowing me to go back to the previous scene.

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART: the remaining dreams are all premonitory dreams, dreams of the future. No bullshit dreams where people says they just look alike as certain moments of your life and defacto made you feel you had a "déjà vu", true dreams about the future where when it happens in real life i remember perfectly my dream with lots of stuff perfectly identical even sometimes the feelings i feel and i got quite a bunch of them (that indeed realized themselves in the future) and not trying to boast but i had surely more then 20, i don't count them, just know that they are indeed numerous, not trying to remember them.
    I even once i had some kind of confirmation of one, i wrote right after waking the story of my dream, allowing me to not forget what i saw and thought, later i indeed saw the same thing but the plot was totally false. It was part of the opening of madoka when there were bubbles on screen. Plot: The heroine dive into the bubbles to go other worlds, see ? totally false.
    Also dream of a part of the op of Working!, saw the coconut tree on the head of the legal loli.
    Sometimes i have déjà vu feelings hearing some anime OPs, not because i already heard a similar song but because i strongly believe i heard them in my dreams.

Only one time a lucid dream, fell asleep, white world or a sky (maybe), do nothing for 5s and understood that it was a dream, tried to feel stronger and fly around for 8s before i woke up. It's been quite a while ago, so i'm not sure it was in first pov or third pov.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  16. The loner

Reading List:
    Link
    well, you might be experiencing deja vu..

rather than future, my dream was sometimes about something I've never experienced, heard, nor knew from any source which made me think of the reason why such dream can appear..
    however, it's considered normal as lots of people also experience it and it may also the reason some inspiration for writing appear..

17. The loner

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, it seems OP discussion was more inclined towards dream rather than real experience..

I also still wondering about lucid dream.. I've also had some dreams where I realized that it was a dream and tried to control it, but it's to no avail.. and it was usually ended up as a nightmare where I struggled to find a way to truly wake up..

18. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    A ten years old kid, not tall, not short, I was average, I remember pretty much struggling to reach the brakes and nearly got into an accident... it was pretty scary, enough that even now I keep hestitating each time I get into a car :blobsweat_2:
    As to how I stopped, well let's say I was both lucky and smart to think of turning off and pulling out the keys (Believe me it wasn't a smooth stop, fortunatelly, because of my height I couldn't make the care fast enough :sweating_profusely:), I got punished and grounded that day as my parents found out.

19. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    If its about deja vu dreams, i had those too.. it happened a dozen or so times in my school days.. it felt like an actual memory rather than a dream.. i even go out of my way to try and prove if it was a deja vu or just me doing something almost or even perfectly the same twice..

20. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to believe we're all connected to Akasha. If there really is a metaphysical sentient supercomputer out there, then I'm sure as heaven we're glitching the matrix a little, but not enough to warrant disposal.