Discussion What is your unpopular opinion?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FIEND, Nov 17, 2020.

1. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfizer and Moderna vaccines use mrna technology and the first of such vaccines to be created and subsequently rushed into human trial. I've read a bit about these technology and i think these would have quite questionable efficacy and higher risks than the more conventional techniques used in Sinovac or sputnik.

Furthermore something is stink when something like this happen.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-mln-day-Pfizers-COVID-19-vaccine-update.html

Don't take the vaccine just yet. Wait and see their effects on the early batch of trial at least.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  2. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

wow ur diciplined af, i guess it starts with the owner, Its like shitty parents complaining about their childs behavior when they themselves are hardly up to the mark

3. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    unpopular opinion but i think Korean culture has been so diluted the only thing we are seeing now is the western washed version of what they use to have. Japanese and chinese, hell the rest of asia has kept their culture and traditions more intact than koreans who's culture is now considered "modern"
    ofc this is just my impression from the limited information, feel free to change my mind

Often times a country's culture is reflected into their works of art and film/novels/ etc. We can see the clear demarcation of how chinese and japanese clearly depict their millenia worth of culture infused with "modern" aka western culture and concepts. India's bollywood sticks true to its culture while infusing western or "modern" ideas. Korea??? Their K dramas are just western dramas but with korean actors, their novels are just about mc's who transmigrate into games and or some type of irl vmmorpg setting etc etc. I have yet to learn anything about korean culture as it is so dilute

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Kiss likes this.
  4. Kiss

Kiss {Cutie of the Chaos Family}

Reading List:
    Link
    And even for Korea, it's not a good thing... if they ended as western state...~

FIEND likes this.
  5. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't be helped, the Korean War did a real number on their country. Look up the maps and see how far the Communists pushed, you'll find the war went all the way to nearly the whole of South Korea until the Pushan perimeter. Basically, their whole country got "urban renewal"ed, not a single city went unbombed and Seoul even changed hands 4 times. Any culture left would have been ashes which was why when they rebuilt, they went with a distinct American slant.

asriu likes this.
  6. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    My dog died of old age, but it never got sick the only time I took him to the vet was for shots. it was Labrador it lived for 13 years. I had him since my late teen years. I got him as a gift from my parents and I was told that if I didn't take care of him they would give him away, so I did all his training and made sure to keep him clean, but everything is trial and error. I think the hardest part was teaching him how to keep his mouth open so I could brush his teeth after it was a breeze.

I do want to get another dog it's been 3 years since my dog died and I don't view dogs as a chore since you play with them and they basically keep you company. he would sit next to the computer chair and just sit next to me.

Im thinking of getting a doberman or pit bull. Pitt bull get a bad rap from having bad owners I know many ppl who own them, and they are incredibly friendly dogs and good with children, but like any dog it needs a good environment to live in that has good vibes. things like screaming and violent behavior is passed down to the dog something as simple as screaming at a football game on tv can get it amped up. puppies are very fast learners faster than humans children good habits need to be done early.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  7. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more than just "bad owners", they are aggressive by nature. My uncle had a doberman that he had to put down, when it got old, its eyes were the first to go, so it could not see properly, it became very paranoid and bit anyone that came into its "territory" in fear since it stopped being able to recognize people so everyone became an "intruder".

8. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen cases like that, but most of those dogs that become visually handicapped aren't aggressive unless you get close without warning it. specially seen dogs that bite when get close and their deaf or blind and you don't make your presence known. just like any creature their instinct to protect themselves become heightened it's very normal. I had a neighbor who would call his dog from a few feet away before approaching because it would bite if he sneaked up on it because it was blind.

Femme Fatale and Nightow1 like this.
  9. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Just tried to read up on it, and i can confidently say that i am not qualified to make any claims on whether its good or bad whatsoever. I am not fully cognizant on the consequences of it all, due in parts to being unfamiliar with the terminology and medical knowledge in the medical journals I read .But I still carry the opinion that I’d rather listen to the experts and let them decide whether it’s a good idea to take it or not. And it seems the majority, at least to my knowledge, are in agreements that IF APPROVED, it should be good to go.

But in regards to this discussion, I am not confident, and nor should I be in describing something that I have no knowledge of whatsoever.

10. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough, just be careful with that damn thing, it's acting a lot like a real live virus does, self generating antigens. The reported side effects are even in line with what you get from a viral infection. I won't say if it's bad or good, frankly, if it works, it is good. It's just very, very experimental, with possible side effects that go with any experimental drugs. You simply don't know what it is going to do.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  11. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shiba dogs are overrated but Akita dogs are underrated.

12. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    tales of gods and demons the manhua is shit
    apotheosis has a great story minus the retarded hoes of his

13. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    both my pets got run over , chaotic owner= chaotic pets

14. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a neighbor who had a grey spotted mut Idk it's race, but she let her dog run lose quite often one day while I was getting my mail from the the mailbox I hear bang and a dog whine as it runs away. it was hit by a car but not hard it just scared it the person managed to break in time but he still hit the dog scarring it and he left a trail of shit as it ran. it ran 2 blocks which is about 1 mile since these blocks are about 0.5 miles long I know cause I run about 2.5 miles when I exercise.

Anyways the dog was fine it was just shivering all over it now knows not to cross the street it wont even go near the street.

FIEND likes this.
  15. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    haha damn i hope the dogs doing well, that sucks

16. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    The most popular anime of the season is usually boring

FIEND likes this.
  17. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    agreed, im not a fan of most popular animes anyways
    like my hero academia
    black clovers raging idiot of an mc ruins everything

18. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I, your father, dare you to say this again.

You have eyes and yet you fail to recognize Mt Tai. Ptui!

Can´t you see the amount of pure fucking effort that has been put into the cheap vomit they dared to call a manhua?

Calling it shit would be an insult to the shit rich in fiber that exists all over the planet.

19. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think promised orchid would be nice for you then. it's still set in a modern world, with some fantasy elements, but they use lots of korean folktales for the story. (it's a manhua though, from the ones who made the breaker)

20. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    Covid-19 has been the best thing to happen to the human population in terms of combating climate change. Let us quarantine for another year. I just want to work from home.

FIEND likes this.