Question what is your worst dystopia/character

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Alva Quinn, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alva Quinn

Alva Quinn 『0→1』『The Servant』

Reading List:
    Link
    so i found this thing here:
    https://m.imgur.com/a/z6I0Giy

after reading it completely, i got reminded of bad memories like blood state, nazism, and akame ga kill kind of stuff

regardless of everything, i REALLY despise blood state ...which is why i like to hear about it. its a love-hate kind of thing. the more you know about it, the more you know how to prevent it, or something

so i am bored right now, and i want to ask you guys what your worst dystopia is, but out of curiosity i want to ask what your worst character type is as well

the latter question is supposedly easy, as they are literally everywhere in every story, but i want you to tell me about these characters regardless

dont bother giving names though, since i am bad with those. instead, give me a description of their look, their background, their powers, and their actions that make you think "i hate this bitch / son of a bitch, and i hope for her / him to suffer for all eternity instead of giving them the mercy of death"

REMEMBER: i have 2 questions, and NOT 1, so either split your post in two halves or notify me that you will only answer 1 of the 2 questions

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    yuzen likes this.
  2. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont know what is dystopia.
    what chapter type are you referring to?

3. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    google "definition dystopia", and read and/or watch akame ga kill
    i did not refer to any specific mangas / novels. akame ga kill was only used as example

4. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Dystopia is what tv-trope called Crapsack World.

Basically, Dystopia is the exact opposite of Utopia. It is the ideal worst world anyone could wish for. In this world, everyone's favourite meat is the newborn's flesh. The most righteous person you could find in this world is an executioner who killed everyone without any discrimination. It's a clash between grey and black and baby-eaters.

Amaruna Myu, asriu and Alva Quinn like this.
  5. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This might turn out fine for some guys,

the world turns women into powerful beings and men becomes sex slaves ......

6. Hallow Cause

Hallow Cause Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dystopia, to me, is a societal state where fairness is hard to find, if not absent. And people are either living in heavy suppression, or barely scraping any form of happiness and satisfaction...

The good thing about a dystopia is that it still maintains itself as a society. The same cannot be said if the said dystopia itself is worse than the absence of a society; it is now undesired by the majority...

My worst kind of dystopia is in the form of an absolute totalitarian rule, where true freedom is never a choice nor an option. The fate of the populace is determined by a single power, whether it be Man, Machine, God, etc...

Edit: This would be contradictory, but wouldn't my "worst dystopian example," be a perfect utopia in some cases?...

Alva Quinn likes this.
  7. Arraz

Arraz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Just read Ouroboros Record: circus of Oubeniel

Alva Quinn likes this.
  8. Alva Quinn

Reading List:
    Link
    alright, thanks!