Discussion What little cute is today

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by northerner, Feb 18, 2021.

1. northerner

northerner a stressed potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw Title: 今天又是什么小可爱

Synopsis:
    Survival Game Field-The Twilight of the Gods, it is said to be a hell-level horror, but the contestants looked at the soft cute cuteness in front of them: "It seems that the painting style is not right..." Cute every day expects that she can become a noble and glamorous phoenix, or a nine-tailed fox full of evil spirits, but she turned into a little rabbit, a little hamster, a little cat, a little sparrow, a little brain axe, a little goldfish, Little panda... Every day is a different little cute bird pair: "I can go through the entire universe, but you all think I am a dodder flower, and you want me to be cute." Teammates who pet the cute crazy demon: "No , You can’t, it’s enough for the little cutie to be cute and lie down and win." Rong Yin, who has to be coaxed by the ques all the time, otherwise he will get sick: "There is always someone who covets me again! And you don’t want to go over the universe, Look at me!" 1v1, Shuangjie, super sweet, not sweet, you bite me! Please don’t study evidence or logic, I just want to sprinkle candy for you to eat.

My thoughts about this:
    I kind of like the idea of a survival game but just like what the author said, this is super sweet to the point that I can feel my tooth ache. Lol.

The MC was the typical Mary Sue. Loved by New World, given golden fingers. Has people who immediately or suddenly liked her for no reason. I guess because she's cute? She wasn't the Virgin Mary who takes pity on everyone. She can actually kill. Since the game world they went into is a kill or be killed, she's doing okay. She has admirers that the author just put them there to overturn the jealous ML. She's smart, maybe? She won't die easily that's for sure. I'll just imagine a cat that is quiet and cute until you step on her tail. There's nothing about her that stands out for me. She's very charming to everyone, that no one could hate her.

About the ML, very possessive and strong. Has the typical Gary Sue background. Miserable childhood, lost memories and turned out be the most beloved child of the world. Cold, domineering, killing machine but gentle to MC. Very sweet(?) And the typical possessive dad, dislikes the children bc they occupy his wife's attention, etc.

Now, for the moment of truth. Lol. My first thought while reading this was, this novel is a very teen-ish, child-like dream. There are people who dreamed of being loved by everyone, doesn't received hate, admired by boys/girls, has the best things, right? This is what I felt throughout the novel. The exact word is wishful thinking. Everything is so dream-like. The supporting characters, I can't even call them supporting characters, they're like puppets. Used when convenient, and disregard when it's not needed. This idea solidified more with the ending. They basically have don't have their own personalities. In a typical organization/group headed by ML, there will a be sunny, funny, smart subordinates. And this novel is exactly like that. MC's friends are just for display. Her admirers just popped out of nowhere, YZ, ML, TG disappeared every now and then and truly gone after the ending. No closure. What happened to them? What happened to the protagonists' friends and family? What happened to the Old World citizens? Even the not-so-surprising background of ML was stated just for the element of surprise. This novel really did focused on the two leads' sweetness and love.

Actually, I like the game levels in here. If they were written with better plot, it's gonna be awesome.

Zombie Apocalypse
    Escape Rooms
    Unification of the Three Kingdoms
    Murders/Distorted Wonderland
    Treasure Hunting
    Loop of Disasters
    Seven Deadly Sins
    Infinite Loop
    Interstellar

These could have written with a nice plot, subtle romance. But yeah, it's already mentioned that this is just a sweet novel. I didn't even read the extra chapters. Tbh, there are times that I cringe with all the sweetness, audience enthusiasm (to the point that they actually call her cubs face to face).

2. northerner

northerner a stressed potato

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel so judgemental on this one. (・ัω・ั) Even so it's a nice read to get by when I'm doing my school works.