Discussion What made..you start reading novels?..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lovelybutter, Jan 27, 2023.

?

Do you read novels?

1. Yes..

2. Nope…

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lunasa Lanuru

Lunasa Lanuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve read avidly ever since I was rushed into hospital when I was 9, amusingly because I lost the sight in one of my eyes (please excuse my dark humour, my coping mechanism is flawed) and I've never stopped since. Books, to fanfiction and it's been only recently I've foundand started my obsession with C novels as due to sight issues I could no longer read the subtitles on K or C dramas so I found novels instead.

Lovelybutter likes this.
  2. Flying Plushie

Flying Plushie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    me likey reading and me likey being ahead in a manhua/hwa
    i really like reading too hmm

Lovelybutter likes this.
  3. Grandpa_World

Grandpa_World Manly Man-Mob Character C-Lovely Hubby of Alexcia

Reading List:
    Link
    Classic: As a child my mom and I went to buy a book in a store and I also got one. I read it a bit and liked it soo…
    Online novel I started reading when I was working abroad and didn’t knew many people and was often using public transport. I kind of switched from paper to online novels from there

Lovelybutter likes this.
  4. MiruLin

MiruLin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So this is kinda long, but I'll still tell ya. At first I had an obsession with anime. I litterally watched it daily with my siblings.
    Afterwards I was so sad because there still wasn't a second season of an anime (Aoharu X Kikanjuu (?)) That is how I shifted to manga and manhwa. (Sadly I do need to admit that I had my period with domineering CEO, one nightstand, running, pregnant, genius kid, misunderstandingd and misunderstandings.)
    One thing I hated were manhwa promos because they looked so awesome and the art style was *chef kiss*. That's how I read my first web novel, but that's not how I became obsessed. It basically ended quick.
    My obsession started when ORV came out (the manhwa) and I couldn't wait for the next chapter (it barely had 10 chapters, I've got no idea how I knew it was the sh*t). Afterwards I knew of no return because I started TCF and I regret nothing! (I do read most of the time BL tho...)

Lovelybutter likes this.
  5. Lovelybutter

Lovelybutter The loveliest butter

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you…Orv’s pretty good…

Eat_Angst, noblesse.wilde and MiruLin like this.
  6. MiruLin

MiruLin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but I still haven't finished it. For two reasons: 1) I lost my phone where I read it, so I've got no idea which chapter I'm on. 2) I saw some spoilers (sadly) and kinda don't know how to feel about it because it would surely break me ToT.
    But I'm planning to just read it from the beginning again. Who knows maybe I overlooked something while reading it before.

Lovelybutter likes this.
  7. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    Always trying to find the perfect fantasy world/story. I only stop reading when I find it. When I no longer think it’s perfect, I start reading again. I found two perfect fantasy worlds: “Wanted Adventures” series and LotM. The first one I’m currently rereading and I find it so cringy and awful. That’s childhood for you.

Lovelybutter likes this.
  8. Lovelybutter

Lovelybutter The loveliest butter

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve already finished reading it….Don’t worry the ending..isn’t too bad….

MiruLin likes this.
  9. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    My friend liked reading novels and so I also tried reading novels. That's the story.

Lovelybutter likes this.
  10. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading novels when I was a kid in elementary school. My first ever isekai novel was The Magician's Nephew, the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia.

If you mean web novels, then I started reading them around 10 years ago? I started reading them because I was bookworm who would read anything.

Lovelybutter likes this.
  11. Bored_Student

Bored_Student Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Paper: Having no friends as a child

Online: First it was manga, and then when I caught up with all my favorites I started reading the actual online novels

Lovelybutter likes this.
  12. takame

takame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once upon a time way before Isekai trended, while reading manga, there is a small stream of novels that get translated (in jp) by the manga translators I follow like EXR so that started me with webnovels but I got seriously addicted when isekai got popular and faceslap chinese (het) novels came in. And so it continued from then on.

my starting BL jp novel: Keiyaku
    my starting het jp novel: Hokuou Kizoku to Moukinzuma no Yukiguni Karigurashi
    my starting BL cn novel: Hua Hua You Long

As for korean, it's only recent that kr novels picked up popularity so all my kr reads are new.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    Lovelybutter likes this.
  13. Rayleigh

Rayleigh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Not enough Anime made me switch to Manga
    - Not enough Manga made me switch to Web/Light Novels.

Lovelybutter likes this.
  14. qzty

qzty From normal-fag to F5-er Jack of Spades

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime to Manga, Manga to Light novel, Light novel to web novel.

Lovelybutter likes this.
  15. Deleted member 310942

Deleted member 310942 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    A romance manhwa that was still ongoing. I thought that there were more chapters, but as it turns out, I clicked on the novel rather than the manhwa. After that, I discovered NovelUpdates and everything kinda spiraled from there lol.

16. noblesse.wilde

noblesse.wilde [√To read or not to read] [Aspiring Author]

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually started my Fantasy book reading with the Harry Potter series... I started with the Chamber of secrets... ^^

Lovelybutter likes this.
  17. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I started reading novels due to the fact that this anime that I really loved just ended(Date A Live) and I wanted to read more of it, so I went to baka tsuki(I think) and started reading the novel there, after that I slowly started reading any novels that I can find while I gradually stop watching anime. Then, I found out about this website and have reading ever since.

Lovelybutter likes this.
  18. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    Fan arts

During when internet was fairly new to me and I didn't have a phone, laptop or anything I used to come across some fan art of Scumbag System on moms phone not sure from where and I didn't understand much of how to use stuff but eventually I was done with just guessing the plot outline with sniplets of fanart manga panels (during like 2016?) And on 2018 I got a tablet from my uncle then I found my way to NU for sometime I only read novels without interactions with the fandom or anyone lol

Lovelybutter likes this.
  19. greenapplesauce

greenapplesauce Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i picked up writing as a hobby when i was around 11 and decided that to improve i had to read so i downloaded wattpad LMAO. After that I got addicted and started reading every day till now.

Lovelybutter likes this.
  20. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels....?

*Pindrop silence*
    *Nods*

Lovelybutter likes this.