Movie What movie/film did you watch recently?

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Andro

Andro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Midnight Sun

It's a korean movie made in 1972. It was kinda good. I like old-school movies. :)

2. vyragd

vyragd horo a qt

Reading List:
    Link
    Person of Interest
    probably my most favorite tv series so far, you guys should watch it

3. eshpencorb

eshpencorb New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

4. KyyyyLeeeeeeee

KyyyyLeeeeeeee Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ebbing flow

5. KyyyyLeeeeeeee

KyyyyLeeeeeeee Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ow wait, its actually Nadarang.

6. ultimouivo

ultimouivo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Shape of Water

7. alirafami

alirafami New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    recently i see hostiles,This movie won't be for everyone. It's dark, fairly "slow" paced, and at times brutal. But at it's core, this movie is about forgiveness -- and for me, it rang true and was emotionally impactful. Christian Bale is in top form here, and his performance as well as the rest of the cast is great. It's beautifully shot and the score is haunting and harrowing. Well directed and worth watching -- just don't expect this to be a fast paced thrilling Western. It's not heavy on plot -- it's more thematic.

8. abandoned

abandoned Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Deadpool 2

9. CloudydayEden

CloudydayEden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A quiet place starring Emily Blunt and Josh Krasinski

10. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Went on a binge and i am currently in the middle of it.

Started with Fate of the Furious. It was fun. Don't take it seriously. All i can say is that the Fnine is most likely soon to come and may involve sending cars into space.

Went on with Oceans Rising. Typical Syfy disaster crap trap. I think they're starting to grow on me... like a tumor.

Then i took on Annihilation.
    You get to see Natalie Portman's naked back with a hint of side boob while she's cheating on her husband with some black dude. Oh and some alien lifeform landed on earth, turned an area weird and had the full female cast of ghostbusters go in to save the day, which they failed completely and managed to die horribly in the process. Very gory at times. I think whoever wrote it might not like feminists all that much or simply hated the new Ghostbusters movie.
    Either way... ugh! Also, the ending's a shocker! (not really).

Skybound was next and it was actually quite... not that bad per say. If i were to rate it, it's just above Syfy stuff. Maybe. Rich kids in their 20s on a private plane encounter weird things which prevents them from landing. I still don't know what that green stuff was and at this point i'm not really sure i want to ask.
    PS: There were like 8 people in the entire movie. Only one of them was black and he has the sole sex scene, which happened off screen. Also, he found the booze and was the guy who waved a gun around whenever it was on screen. Just saying...

The Osiris Child is the last one before i started writing this. Honestly, i thought it would be a children's book type of movie with chapters and everything. I was wrong. And i'm glad i was wrong. I dislike most of it, but the ending was lovely.

I'll be finishing off this night with a thing called Isra 88. If it is what i think it is, it's most likely a snoozefest and may serve as a lullaby as i unavoidably drift into sleep. I'll probably have to see it again whenever i get the chance, but perhaps i'll just keep it as a sedative instead if it turns out as sleep inducing as i believe it to be.

11. smartdoko

smartdoko New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The skin I live in

12. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Isra 88.... saw it. Almost snoozed me, but not enough. It was interesting in the way that it's boring and crazy, but not really. If you stick until the end, you'll find that it's... different. And by that i mean, enough to keep you from snoozing right.

Somnus ... snoozier than Isra 88. Despite the actual insanity involved, there is no reward from this movie. Whoever made it is suffering from a serious case of heavy depression. I hope they got better.

The Call Up is a virtual reality turned real type of movie. If you dislike call of duty players, i think you're going to enjoy this one. The ending sucks though. Utterly uninspired.

Earthastrophe - imagine that Syfy and Asylum teamed up to make a movie. To that i will say: if two wrongs make a right, this ain't it.

Prisoner X - if islamic extremists discovered time travel first. But not the cannon fodder we get to see in the news, it's the intellectuals behind them instead. To sum it up, it's just more US shit no one cares about.

Black Mountain Side is a supposedly sci-fi horror flick. Ancient native mountain god gets pissed off by greedy corporate stooges, starts screwing with their heads to have them off themselves and each other. No one lives. The end.
    It's mostly boring, but there is one scene near the end that is just plain funny... I'm not going to spoil it, but just that scene is the sole reason which can be used to actually bear through this movie with deer life.

Cell - John Cusack, Samuel L Jackson and other people who don't matter because they die anyway. Cell takes the 'addicted to cell phones' situation and just goes crazy with it. Like 'people become mobile radios' kind of crazy. It's like The Happening, but kinda worse. You should see it just for the shitty ending, which is actually quite wonderful if you don't like John.

Andron is well... i don't know the right word... Anyway, i don't recommend getting attached to any of the characters. You'll hear some Aussie accents here and there... and screaming from time to time. I don't know why, but some people just love to scream.

400 days - loved it. Because i just can't hate Brandon Routh, no matter the movie he's in. Also his co-star is the White Canary from all the DC series including Legends of Tomorrow. See the movie just for these two, if not for the mind bending attempt of a plot.

Lost in the Pacific - i had no idea Brandon Routh was in this movie, it got instant love once i saw him. Also mutant cats. Many mutant red-eyed cats. It's just great stuff. The introduction scenes suck though.

Infini is the last one for today, that i'll mention, because i've already started the next one (Left Behind). Honestly, i forgot i saw this movie when it first showed, but i watched it again anyway because i wasn't sure if it had a happy ending. Several of these movies aren't all that happy with ending happily and it's quite a bit disappointing. So while some people might not like how things went here, i give this one a thumbs up just because of the ending.
    Basically mercs hired by corps get teleported on bases around the galaxy fixing problems. The one they go to in this movie had a contagion that turned people insane. There's a bit of gore, but plenty of screaming and showcasing what a gathering of violent insane maniacs 'talk' about... with their fists.

Now the saga continues... i wonder when i'll get bored of this binge... probably never as long as i have a continuous supply of movies. Meh.

13. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    The Monkey King 1, 2, and 3
    Death Wish

14. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    ngnl zero

15. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Deadpool 2 is the movie that I watch in my theaters by evilly skipping out work *cough cough*
    My big sis made me watch Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, though it's fun it made me cringe for some reason. So I need to rewatch it while eating ice cream.

Nino Sasou likes this.
  16. KellyGrin

KellyGrin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
    Wafer-thin compared to the original, nevertheless a decent fun film.

17. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    I second this. I skipped work to bought the tickets on the first day in cinema.

18. Mahou-nii-sama

Mahou-nii-sama Ultimate Cannon Fodder

Reading List:
    Link
    A noir german film titled M.

19. zxlowi

zxlowi Forefather Of Mc's, King Of Nostalgia, RPG Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Inglorious Bas*erds

20. SamJohns5412

SamJohns5412 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last movie I watched was "Avengers: Infinity War". Who has seen this movie? Do you like it?