Discussion What should be the price?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Cosmic_, Sep 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Let’s say you were forcefully kidnapped from your world to anothers and you can’t return. You also quite liked your world and are really unwilling to leave everything behind. You however possess a mysterious power that allows you to make forceful contracts with another no matter how powerful they are.

What would your demands be for compensation and reward in these scenarios?

1) Summoned to save the world in general
    2) Summoned as a mana bridge to stablize the world’s energy
    3) Summoned to help the technological advancement with your modern knowledge
    4) Summoned to fix up the kingdom and it’s economy by becoming the new king
    5) Summoned to kill the Demon King
    6) Summoned to kill the Bringer of the Apocalypse and Evil Gods
    7) Summoned by a kingdom to defeat another kingdom in a political move
    8) Summoned by the Demon King to protect him and win the war
    9) Summoned to be used as a tool and cannon fodder
    10) Summoned to save the universe/multiverse
    11) Summoned for another’s amusement
    12) Summoned to advance the cuisine
    13) Summoned to save the world through thinning out the world population (Thanos reason)
    14) Whatever your own idea is

How does the purpose of the summon and the difficulty and importance of the task affect the conditions and demands of your contract? What about the summoner’s intent? How does who the summoner is affect your contract? What would your downpayment be and your reward for completing the task be?

For me, if I were forced by someone as their best hope in saving or ruling the entire world, I would want at least half of the world in exchange. If the party was a God, I’d be especially unreasonable with my contract.

Remember that the contract is forced on the other party even if they are gods. They are forced to and will follow the contract no matter how unreasonable as long as it meets your desires and views for whatever is an equivalent exchange. You can force anything of them and they have to follow as long as it’s possible for them to. You could even ask for half of all the soul’s of their kingdom if you deem that as reasonable payment.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    bbctheory84 likes this.
  2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Why don't you have any options to destroy 70% of humanity in your options it needs to be done painlessly like release some gas and wake up the next morning every races population evenly reduced. this would go under saving the world.

3. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's called taco tuesday.

4. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll add it.

5. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    With that power, it's normal to assume I'm above god, so I'll make contract where they have to deal whatever the fuck they have to and and I'll be compensated with eternal wealth and loyalty for I am above the gods

6. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    The question is however if you yourself view that as a reasonable equivalent exchange.

You certainly can give out unreasonable demands, but if you yourself feel the condition to be overly-excessive then it won’t work. For example, if you’re only requested to improve the cuisine, you’d likely would find having the contract make you the One Above All God of Gods too excessive.

You might view giving you an entire kingdom as capable of satisfying your emotions from the kidnapping and the mere task of cuisine improvement so as a result it being a contract of equivalent exchange to you of that moment even if an entire kindgom is a bit excessive, it’s not excessive enough as the whole universe, however. It’s more able within a somewhat loose degree of reason, but within at least some reason.

So by unreasonable I mean unreasonable to them at least. Still somewht reasonable and equivalent in exhange for you.

7. Mystic.reader

Mystic.reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well first of all my down payment required would be the absolute cheat.. hmm.. the creation god ability i once read in an original novel would do that for me.. and definitely has to be permanent and stay even after the job.

1) Summoned to save the world in general
    in this case atleast half the world i save should be mine. leave the other half to play with and conquer. all the top beauties for my harem

2) Summoned as a mana bridge to stablize the world’s energy
    does this mean they want me to be a sustainable battery. not interested. but then again with creation ability can create some thing to replace me. reward should be 40% resources gathered in the empires of the world. (i am that magnanimous). all the top beauties for my harem

3) Summoned to help the technological advancement with your modern knowledge
    reward: constant supply of high tech gadgets and wargear for my army. saves me time creating them. all the top beauties as my harem

4) Summoned to fix up the kingdom and it’s economy by becoming the new king
    the most beautiful girls of the world as harem so i can escape the seat of throne as soon as possible after getting an heir.

5) Summoned to kill the Demon King
    demon king's seat to become new demon king. all the beauties for my harem

6) Summoned to kill the Bringer of the Apocalypse and Evil Gods
    Right Gods king seat. all the beauties for my harem

7) Summoned by a kingdom to defeat another kingdom in a political move
    there should be peerless beautiful princesses in both countries and i want them BOTH. or else the host country as slaves after the political move for not having the princess.

8) Summoned by the Demon King to protect him and win the war
    ohh.. i will definitely help him. all the captured human beauties and demon king's daughter as reward. i will let him keep his seat.

9) Summoned to be used as a tool and cannon fodder
    this time not helping as compensation the summoner's as slaves and all the beauties for harem

10) Summoned to save the universe/multiverse
    half the universe/multiverse. again the remaining half for my amusement and conquering

11) Summoned for another’s amusement
    not helping in this case too. summoner to serve as my amusement on my whims

12) Summoned to advance the cuisine
    reward: regular supply of food for my armies

13) Summoned to save the world through thinning out the world population (Thanos reason)
    hey hey.. i am a saint. i wont thin out population. who is going to breed enough beauties for my harem. for suggesting this idea i will demand their soul be tormented in all 18 levels of chinese hell for eternity
    14) Whatever your own idea is
    hmmm.... summoned to ntr all the heroes harems across the multiverse.
    instead demanding compensation or reward i will give 1% of my wealth to the summoner

There you go. I dont think this is unreasonable considering my dilemma.. they should be thankful i am even helping them instead of just demanding compensation without helping.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  8. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    If you could forcefully take everything from me, then I would also have the right to forcefully take everything from you. And that's how I become a god and he become a mortal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.