Question What should I do?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Kurolo-Lite, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Kurolo-Lite

Kurolo-Lite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I decided to pick up a novel that I loved and which at the time no one was translating; the supporting character just wants to be a tool man.

Then I spent time to get a bulk release ready and create a WordPress to host it. Now that everything is ready to release I realise foxaholic has started translating it.

I’m scared that they think I’m trying to poach a project.

What should I do? I contacted them on their website but I’m unsure what their reply rate is. If anyone from foxaholic reads this please contact me back, it’s the one from PawPrintPath translation.

Should I immediately drop this? Can I release the chapters I’ve already translated?

HELP PLEASE

2. ValiDxD

ValiDxD 『White Dragon Emperor』『Wine Lover』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you started from the beginning or from where the previous translator left there's no issue with NU. I saw some situations like this where different groups translated the same novel.

3. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    How many chapters have you translated so far?

4. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is where you fucked up.

5. Kurolo-Lite

Reading List:
    Link
    That good, I started translating from chapter one.
    I just don’t want a lot of tension accusations thrown around

I have 12 chapters ready for posting, before I planned to stick to a schedule.

6. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, that's a month's worth of time. Go to their discord and contact the translator, find out their release schedule. Maybe you two can work together.

7. Confectioner

Confectioner New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm currently tling 男配只想做工具人[娱乐圈] ("The Supporting Actor Just Wants to Be a Tool Man") on Foxaholic. This is currently a secondary project for me, planned to become my main project when my other series ("Daily Disposable Persona") wraps up next month. I release close to daily, but Tool Man has some very long chapters (as you know) so I probably won't be able to maintain my normal pace. It's a popular series and a novel I love very much. I'm not surprised another tl is interested

Another foxa tl directed me here. My contact info is on my project page, which is linked at the bottom of every chapter. I don't typically browse NUF, so if you need to contact me please use one of those options. Although I didn't see any messages when I checked, I'm not a site admin so it may have ended up somewhere I don't have access to

Starting at chapter 1 means you're not sniping... no worries. Best wishes, have fun (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥

(Not sure if this needs to be said, but I don't and will not read or refer to any other translation when I work on chapters)

Lizel likes this.
  8. Kurolo-Lite

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for getting back to me! I previously use the contact us page and the google doc form option.
    I don’t have disqus but joined the discord? Perhaps we could cooperate:aww: