Discussion What stat is most important during zombie outbreak?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Eishun, May 19, 2019.

1. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Plenty of Chinese (and Korean) novels out there with the zombie apocalypse plot.

And some novels have Systems too. You know, like Status Screens, EXP and Skills and such.

And the stats that everyone would suddenly receive would be something like Strength, Agility, Constitution and Stamina and Intelligence etc.

Well, to be honest I think Constitution and Vitality and Stamina have the same meaning so I am just going to use Constitution as an umbrella term. Likewise for Intelligence and Wisdom. If anyone disagrees though, please explain the differences.

So anyway, back to my question. Which of the stats do you think are important during a zombie apocalypse?

I think besides Strength and Agility, Constitution is also very important. Slightly more important than Str and Agi. Reason? Because if people are turning into zombies via a virus or contact with a zombie, then having a high Constitution would help prevent me from turning into one. And I wouldn't want to get sick in a world without hospitals.

Also, if the number goes into 4 digit, wouldn't immortality be possible? That's what I think.

2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dexterity. For better aim with guns, if you do get guns.

3. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    Rule nr 1 for the zombie apocalypse is cardio mate.

You're gonna do a LOT of running. No other stat comes close in importance imo, so Stamina would be my pick

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on your goal and the stats of targets. Pure strength for one shot kill , level up get loot.
    Endurance if you've been infected.
    Agility and stamina if you're running from a horde.
    Charm if you're a big titted female near strong men.

Personally, i'd go strength max, one shot a few, get achievements, then 2/1/1 str , agi, stam and farm with traps.

p.s. stamina is energy, vitality is health, constitution is physical quality, could encumber minor bonuses to both but majority on 'fortitude' , like resistance to virus and damage.

5. bakugo

bakugo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kim Hajin like Luck

6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Intelligence to build a high tech space ship to get out of the planet

7. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at the start of outbreak the most important should be stamina i believe, you will need to run a lot and endure a lot of suffering at the start going place to place.

Nargol likes this.
  8. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zombieland

In Rules to survive, cardio is number 1

Jojo775 and Nargol like this.
  9. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Early game stamina and strength are the most important. Later game yeah constitution since things wont be as unhygenic at the start and also the virus would be in its infant stage, not mutated. If the setting is its capable of mutation. Depends on what zombie you mean tho. Walking dead zombies or the buff, fast zombies with the "no limiter" bullshit

Nargol and elengee like this.
  10. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    plot armor luck bs+

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's like a private server mmorpg, max strength and upon each kill a level up, each level up refills health and stamina. BOOM.

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  12. zenla

zenla { Totally human being} {Kingdom building fanatic}

Reading List:
    Link
    If I was in a group I would go for intelligence. There is only so much one can do against group and zombies are horde. And so the most important thing is making plans and softening targets from distance. Guns run out of ammo, swords break and dull. But magic just regenerates after a bit. If I was alone I would vote consitution as dumb stat since one bite it's over anyway so who cares how much damage you can take. And so I would share points between strength, agility and stamina.

13. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Fat dudes and kids. Basically anyone who runs slower than me.

14. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is actually subjective.

It depends on the scenario.

Strength could be the deciding factor in a scenario where you need strength the most.

In a scenario where you have to run, stamina is the most important.

Similarly, in a scenario where you are aware of the upcoming apocalypse(i.e. aware of the virus and its possible outbreak) then stats isn't so important. So long as you can find an isolated area, build a base and be self sufficient.

15. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Balance would be best and quite frankly you don't know the situations you would be in.

One stat builds may sound nice, thats until you realize you didn't put enough into body coordination, hardiness, etc, and you just turn out to be a glass cannon.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    otaku31 likes this.
  16. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to say stamina, but since everyone else is already saying that lets see if we can go with intelligence.

If you think about it intelligence is your ability to learn, memorize, rationalize, and problem solve. Which would be really useful with survival, for example navigating through a complex urban environment, remembering what plants and mushrooms are edible, and knowing how to maintain and assemble firearms. The last one is a big one, as it won't be like a game where you just find new weapons all the time, every resource is going to be rare and precious, so knowing how to fix your gun if it breaks down will be essential. Of course intelligence would only really be useful if you already had knowledge before the outbreak, if you're starting at the level of a highschool dropout, then chances are you won't have time to learn anything useful before you die.

EDIT: Stamina would still be useful obviously, but you could use your intelligence to make up the gap, and to circumvent dangerous situations. For example, if you know how to read certain maps you can navigate through the city by going underground, through the sewage/water system. You can also take out zombies by setting booby traps rather than confronting them directly.

DragonMage18 likes this.
  17. MrLLama

MrLLama Just a Fancy Llama.

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually i believe agility would be extremely important. While stamina is very important, you could have breaks by parkouring and climbing walls and buildings where zombies would be unable to catch you. And if you are fast enough zombies cant hit you.

18. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    That would depend on what kind of zombie you are deling with. if it's the classic slow mob zombie then i would go for something that improves my stamina, after that i would rais my speed as much as possible.
    HIGH SPEED IS SO DANG OP, if i trow a bullet at you with all my power at worst it will hurt and you will bleed a little bit,but if i use a gun and fire it at you, wou wouldmost likly die or end up with a serious injury.
    Oh, i also have to make sure my body can handle the high speed.

If it's zombies with high speed and power i would stil use the same strategy.

The problem is if the zombies begins specializing in one or two asspects and have high inteligence (or maybe magic is also involved). then i have to say people have to group together and cooporate (everyone need somthing to exel at for the group to survive).

EDIT: If magic is involved i might aswell go with a mage build with the capability to do some basic hand to hand combat.

19. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    As a wise man once said, "You need not outrun the zombies, you only need to outrun your friends". So Agility for me. I was initially gonna go for stamina, but hey, Zombies have infinite stamina so can't compete with that.

20. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends what kind of zombie apocalypse it is, if there is magic I’d go intelligence or wisdom(depends on the specifics of the stats), if there isn’t I’d go constitution.