Question WHAT THE F*** HAPPENED TO TERROR INFINITY

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Dastaan, Feb 24, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dastaan

Dastaan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean sure it was getting tedious and self repeat and total turn off for those who know the ending...but that doesn't mean I didn't want to not read it...
    I mean come on and I know the translator team ? Was fancing some difficult situations so they discontinued it but f**** why is the hiatus so damn. Long

2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    it wasn't translator team, it was only one person/number A0132, whom left the translation scene completly, and since translation are in WW, the next translator must meet RWX standart, and for a series almost at the end i don't imagine that there are people lining up to do that, perharps one of the other WW translator will end up that translation once their project ends

3. mio

mio just me

Reading List:
    Link
    callin the story trash is too much. it was a really good story that was wellwritten and well-made. it had a lot of potential and the start was quite innovative to me. i really liked it and quite honestly found it well thought-out.

sadly the story fell into a repeat due to a lack of new, interesting events and a forceful push towards a longer story.
    doesn't take away that the story was quite good at the start. it also inspired quite a few people's stories, which is already quite something.

Asf, LordFatCat, Fuyuneko and 4 others like this.
  4. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It'll be resuming soon. New translator is preparing chapters.

readerz and Kahzel like this.
  5. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What would really be awesome though is the prequel. It has prologue and 3 chaps translated as a teaser but that was over a year ago if not more. Really gets you hooked even knowing tidbits from TI.

readerz likes this.
  6. Dastaan

Dastaan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ultimate evolution is one of the best infinity genre novel that I have read to date. The mc isn't some shy Angel and the novel truly shows just how differing the actual movie worlds are to what we have been expecting so it's great at that side but unlike terror infinity there's no such thing as superhero powers I mean a power we could relate to (which TI lost somewhere along the way) which was one of it's major like points.
    And anyway I haven't really read the ending but my friend did and he wants it so bad to remove from his brain...anyway TI is like the origin of infinity genre so I just find it a sham that the author couldn't give it it's rightful place among legnds. Guess we will have for that to happen...

Iromania and Greater thunder like this.
  7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The failure of the free to read model.
    If it was a book you can purchase, you could at least pre-order to get the publisher to release more copies

readerz, Barnnn and I Eat Monsanto like this.
  8. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok people how did Wujigege get any readers? All I see from him is jumping from Lazy to Money Grubber with some weirdness in the middle.

Clyne likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    By translating chapters, same as any other translation site.

Some questions are pretty incredible, wow.

Sabruness likes this.
  10. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    Rhetorical question.

11. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is wujigege a translator? What novel is he translating? How many chapters he release/week?

I know some dedicated translator like cktalon, rwx, bao, deathblade, alyschu, yang wenli, hyorinmaru, starvecleric, meh, bluefire, etc etc etc. But i never know wujigege translate. Maybe he dont translate xuanhuan and xianxia genre?

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Check his signature?

13. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    Terror Infinity doesn't have a prequel though. It's the first book in the series.

Greater thunder likes this.
  14. Greater thunder

Reading List:
    Link
    I stand corrected. What I meant is the spin-off called Death is the Beginning the status of which mixed up in my memories since it feels like you read about the starting point of Saints and Cultivators and I read it once a long time ago.

15. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never liked Ultimate Evolution at all. The story, the main character, or the system, but objectively I guess it was the better consistent story since as far as I know the readers who enjoyed the beginning of UE would still like the story later on. Unfortunately TI doesn't have this and I can't shortly sum up all its problems in a paragraph or two, so I could only recommend for someone who wanted to know what happened to read its reviews on NU.

16. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an actual prequel to TI, but it was canceled. And there is a complete sequel to TI as well. Surprisingly it was more of a consistently okay read throughout the novel unlike the original, but I wouldn't call it good.

17. Iromania

Iromania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a few friends from the mainland who've read the whole TI franchise and they say the original TI is the best. There were a few sequel/prequels/spin offs but they weren't as good as original.

It's a shame A0132 dropped it right when it was almost completed. I really enjoyed his english translation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.