what to do with 1200€.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Exterial, Sep 14, 2017.

1. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    Buy drugs accessory and start resell it or use it to increase your base stat

2. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Give it to your mum~

Vishaakha likes this.
  3. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would rather go to places like Slovenia or Romania, your money can spread further that way.

Milanin likes this.
  4. Ol bugga

Ol bugga Carved of stone

Reading List:
    Link
    1.2k euros isn't much, You're right. idk where you live so im going to presume that it's in the Netherlands. Don't waste too much of it because if you don't finish your school here in the nl you will have to pay back everything that the school gave you.

5. Ol bugga

Ol bugga Carved of stone

Reading List:
    Link
    simply put, don't waste school money until you either graduate or go to the next class if you get what im putting down

6. sylarin

sylarin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why dont try gambling?

7. Shiina

Shiina 『Shota』

Reading List:
    Link
    Buy what you want & save up the rest of the money? :hmm:

8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you want a serious answer?

Invest in a trust fund. You got 100 euro a month, right? Find a trust fund that allows you invest like 50 or 60 euros a month. At the end of the year, you will get some dividends. That's pretty much the same as buying a chicken and letting it make you eggs. Difference is, you don't have to take care of the chicken. The money you use to buy the chicken doesn't disappear. You can still sell the chicken for its full value and more when you're sick of owning a chicken that gives you eggs once a year.

Or you can reinvest the money from the dividends. You'll be patting yourself in the back 5 years in the future. This is one of those "If only I had known back in my youth" knowledge.

You can use the rest of the money to do whatever you want. The key to being an adult is to know how to handle your own money, knowing when to use it and when to keep it for a rainy day. That's why a lot of people in their late 20s are still practically children.

Also, don't use it for luxuries, at all. That means no xbox, new iphone, or whatever graphics card you're looking to buy because you want to play new games. There is not enough there for luxuries. Once you bought it, sure you'll feel satisfied for awhile, but then you will feel empty inside. Instead of new iphone, get one of those cheap android phones instead.

Because at the end of the day, those xbox, iphone, games and such, they're just things. Things that you may think you need at that moment, but you don't actually need it. It's a luxury that social media and peer pressure made you think you need it, but you don't.

You only need the phone for calling people and perhaps using the map function. Mobile games are cancer. They make a lot of money by making you addicted. It's because people are gullible and easily fooled that people like me are making a killing with mobile games. We know it's not ethical, but what the hell do we care about you? You're all our cashcows, the more you're addicted, the more money we make.

So do something useful with your money. Someone up above said travel Europe on your vacation. That's a good idea. You may not be old enough to buy a plane ticket, but you're certainly old enough to buy long-distance bus tickets. Or you can just buy a bicycle and cycle your way through Europe. That is a whole lot more fulfilling than sitting in front of the xbox all day, and it will even help cure your depression.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    EienMugetsuTensho and Kahzel like this.
  9. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Buy an expensive phone. Play app which you have to spend money. 3months later no money.
    2. Buy PC / graphic card. You stay at home all the time to enjoy new internet games. You'll get hacked and all your Items will be lost.
    3. Buy a console. Don't forget to buy 3-4 controller if you want to play games with friends. Otherwise stare wide-eyed at the screen for solo missions. Forever alone.
    4. Join a fighting sports club and get yourself some gear e.g. Kendo armor 450€ is the cheapest already.
    5. Get a girlfriend and spend all your money on her. Now you're broke and she leaves you cause it was not true love.
    6. Build some Inators with me. :aww:

10. Kahzel

Kahzel [Translator of pure fluffyness]

Reading List:
    Link
    Do something you always wanted to do, like perhaps a trip to some cool country, jet skiing, scuba diving, para gliding, surfing, parachuting, doing a jet ski tour, visiting Egypt, there are so many things that you could do.
    And if there's a rest, then save it.
    If you're moving out you'll need money for the deposit, furniture, and various stuff.
    And it's not like you will get a lot of money the first time you work, especially if you start as an apprentice.
    So the amount of money that you can save up will definitely help.
    I was really glad to have a decent amount of backup money.
    And I still have the habit to have enough backup money. You'll never know when you might lose your job. It might even not have to do with yourself when you lose your job. Your working place might get bankrupt and closes down, it might have problems with finances and cut down the newly joined employees, you might f*ck up something by yourself and get fired, your resumee might be so bad that nobody will want to hire you, everything could happen and so it's not bad to prepare for a worse situation, 1200 € is a decent amount that will definitely help you out in desperate situations.

Ai chan likes this.
  11. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty much questioning if you're from Europe then...
    Or you're a very un-outside life person...
    One or the other.
    7 years back when I was your age, I visited at least my neighboring countries on my own.

Kahzel and Ai chan like this.
  12. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    buy more pizza, ice-cream, burger, junk food.

13. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Easy. Give me the money, I make investment, I make you richer, and I make me more richer. Okay?

14. Notaborax

Notaborax 『Woeful One』『Poet』『Epi's & Azuka's Cat』

Reading List:
    Link
    build a gaming computer, if you already have one, buy games

15. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Or just do what Ai-sama said.
    TL;DR
    Just invest in a trust fund, travel to Europe, save money.

Ai chan likes this.
  16. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    The trust fund thing...
    I'll google and research about it, if it means that my 1200 would transform into more at the end of these 12 months then i'll prob do it.
    Touring europe... mmm...
    Maybe, if i somehow get a friend thats interested during the year or better yet a gf.
    Touring alone is just... bad.

Ai chan likes this.
  17. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, touring alone can be boring, but it can also be fulfilling. I understand that since you have never done this before, you are feeling a bit apprehensive. Then that's fine. Perhaps one of the friends from school are interested. Just casually mention it to them perhaps during break. Or get on Jaumo and find friends who want to travel around Europe, no strings attached.

Kahzel likes this.
  18. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I can perfectly say that touring alone is kinda lonely but at the same time you can do crazy shits that you might never be able to do in your lifetime. As for me, I did go to Singapore by myself 2 - 3 months ago and the Hotel I was on is situated on a Red Light District it was my first time being inside of it and I keep getting called to go to take a "Massage" inside their shop. Though I can't understand Mandarin but I can perfectly/somehow understand/get the gist of it.

19. Kahzel

Kahzel [Translator of pure fluffyness]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody who annoys me while touring alone. That's heaven. :aww:
    No difficulty deciding what to eat because someone else is dissatisfied. :blobmelt:

Ai chan likes this.
  20. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you live in a countryside, might as well buy some fruit/vegetables seeds and grow them. You can either eat them and sell them. Raise some farm animals and multiply them. If you want easy business.

If you live near a city. Just spend them as you want but dont gamble.