Discussion What to do...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seinex, May 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

Pie or cake?

1. Pie

2. Cake

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Seinex

Seinex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I dunno what to do. I know this girl who’s going through some pretty bad stuff. Her parents are asses, they adopted her a long time ago because they couldn’t have children. And at first they were the nicest people ever... Still are... At least in front of other people. They not only verbally abuse her, but physically as well... Her parents made it to where she doesn’t have any friends, for any friends she makes they scare them off, she doesn’t know how. She has to rely on the internet to make friends. But it’s all superficial. She’s scared that one day she’ll disappear and they’ll wonder where she went... She treasures her time online, as that’s the only light she has. She doesn’t know what to do so I thought I’d ask you weebs, so please help if you can.

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  2. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm
    How old is she..??
    How abt live independently..??

3. Kawalan

Kawalan 〚 Don't Stare 〛

Reading List:
    Link
    Stay on the internet, abandon reality :blobpopcorn: jk

4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the girl a nice person in real life :blobunsure:?
    Now I won't claim that I am an expert because I am not, heck, I don't even have children nor a GF but I will say thi, parents can be Jerks a lot of times but if they adopted her and still taking care of her, it means that they care about her to some point so I think they got her best interest in mind.
    That is why, I will ask this again, is the girl a good girl in real life :blobunsure:? and are her real life 'friends' good people :blobunsure:?
    I think this girl is just throwing a tantrum :hmm:

5. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if able to live independently do that
    if not contact government for child abuse i guess?... cuz u know... physical abuse is a big nono and the government will be all over that, unless she lives in 3rd world country or something i guess

6. Seinex

Seinex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She’s 17. Plus, it was an adoption as they put it, “try it out”. And I know she’s nice. You should see the bruises and lacerations.

7. Seinex

Seinex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once adopted, they can’t give back. Duh.

8. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First thing is to establish if she is telling the truth about the matter, if that's has been done you need to find competent authorities who will do their due diligence with the matter, seek organizations in the local area who deal with such things first though , they will know who to approach . This will take actual effort that will grind into your life once you get involved

HNCKrstl likes this.
  9. Seinex

Seinex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She is. I know that much. Secondly... I can’t get involved.

HNCKrstl likes this.
  10. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    @Seinex I am sorry for saying this but I am actually doubting what you are saying.
    Nevertheless, read this and if you want, file a report here

11. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm ,only thing I can think of is to help contact anon. the groups who can help by web and then wait for them to do What is necessary.

HNCKrstl likes this.
  12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer is simple. Contact the relevant authorities. It can be the school counsellor, childcare services or online dating sites.

Or she can just tough it out until she's 18, then move out and stay out. They can't force her to stay once she's of age.

jbturkle likes this.
  13. HNCKrstl

HNCKrstl 《The Đevîl's Cøñsørt》『♡Hayyan's Female Version』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's really sad. I don't think you or the girl have any reason to make this up. If this is really happening or even if it's not real and it is something in her mind, since she is suffering by it, she really needs to go for help.

This is better.

Toughing it out is good too if she can do it, but it may leave psychological damage which might stay with her for life, if she doesn't even have much friends to support her by her side.

And don't think you can't get involved. I'm pretty sure you being there is a great help for her. Even just listening to her problems is enough to keep her moving and strong.

14. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    She's one year away from freedom, help her find a job and lookout for cheap apartments. And if she needs a hand, help out.

15. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a difference between being a "jerk" and being abusive. There are no situations in which physical and verbal abuse should be used. Not on family members, not on lovers, not on anyone. Period.

16. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    True while I do believe that 'abuse' is wrong and under no circumstance should be used, but that depends on your definition of 'abuse' and how you see it applied, let me explain my point here, as much as this sounds weird to you and to alot of people but there are cases which certain kinds of 'abuse' can be the solution, now, adults aside (because that's something else entirely) but for some children punishment is the solution, now, I know this sounds weird but look, some children are simply too wild to rein in and talk to, I know people would say, talk to them, befriend them, promise them to buy them what they want if they stay good and don't do bad things, or if you must then ground them and tell them what is good from bad and many other forms of parenting and how to raise children but as I said some children are simply too wild and such methods aren't suitable for their upbringing.
    Of course, punching, kicking, cursing and such... are too much for a child especially from their parents which is really too much and I am not talking about parents who drink too much or parents who (and excuse me for saying this if you are a parent) aren't suitable to be parents (like they married too young, or they were forced to marriage because of a mistake, etc...), I am talking about parents who married each other on love and do everything in ther power to ensure a happy family life (which I don't think that alot of people do, as many would marry because they (he or she) cares first and foremost about their happy life which is different from a happy family) .
    Let's take this example:
    A couple married and thought it was time to get a child and some time later they did (adoption or pregnancy or whatever you want but they got their first child), surprisingly raising that child turned to be too much of a responsability and nothing as they heard from their friends (as many would decide to have children just because their firends did, you know, my friend's child was so cute and such... those kinds of talks) or it was a suitable age, because their relatives, neighbors, their own parents, etc... (they decided they wanted a child anyway for some reason of the many reasons that parents of modern day do have children because of).
    Let's supose the parents did their best to deal with those responsibilities (not just financially but other things as well, like you know some people do have other lives outside their married one and they lie about it alot, I am not judging here but :blob_coughblood:).
    Let's go with the saying that the child brought the two closer (I am talking best case scenario here because I want pass to explaining my point soon).
    The parents raised their child well according to what how they learned to do (from others, expert, documents, etc...) they were very patient in raising the child no matter how many mistakes that child made and no matter how wild that child was the parent never once yelled, hit nor 'abuse' him/her.
    Some years later, the child became a teenager and at such age he/she wanted to try many things, as a teenager she/he was curious and wanted to be like his/her friends (of course, dad and mom don't understand this or that, that's is so yesterday, or not fashionable and that kind of talk) and also got many secrets and he/she believed themselves mature enough to know what they are doing, the parents of course, still did all in their power to be close to their teenage child, talk to him/her, be friends, ground him/her, etc...
    But let's say that teenager one day wanted or somehow found himself/herself in a situation where they did something bad (let's say for example of: they did drugs or steal someone's car or something) however they knew, their parents woudn't like them do that but they also know that the worse that can happen to them should their parents know is be grounded, preached, not getting allowance maybe but still whatever their parents did can't stop or doesn't mesure up to that desire and that strong impulse they had to do the drugs or steal or whatever bad thing that seemed attractive to them.
    After some time, the parents found out, in a fit of rage one of them or both them hit that teenager, the teenager who wasn't used to his/hers parents hitting him/her would become furious as well as their parents did something strange/bad/impossible/and abusive thus he/she run away from home at fifteen or sixteen or something years old.
    You might say, that, what the parents did what abusive and if they did differently or didn't do this or that or taken different approach or something like that then the child wouldn't do as he/she did etc...
    But no, in my opinion a punishment for a child is necessary, like a slap, ass whooping, pouring hot sauce or chili in their mouth if they lie, something that sould make the child realize that doing that thing is wrong, bad, the idea of bad or wrong must stuck in their mind with some sort of pain that will make the child hesitate and not be as impulsive and even when they grow up they would consider what is bad and what is wrong and most of all the image of their parents correcting them, showing them right from wrong and the image of a guarding in their hearts who will stop them and be angry at them for doing bad things will never leave them.
    A creative child is good, a smart child is good, an understanding parent is good, but a spoilt brat and a weak parent are bad and I am not talking as a parent here but as the eldest sibling amongst my two other siblings, I remember how I was as a teenager and even as a child, I see how my two younger siblings thinks and see things but I also see how my parents are doing to raise them and as the eldest of the three I was the most wild, spoilt and pain in the ass for my parents (heck I don't think many people would put up with what I did as a child or bear with me as a child, I wasn't a good example of what a good child should be) but thanks to how they raised me although I still get angry remembering some things (I am human, it is normal to get jealous, mad, and feel wronged) but I am thankful to my parents neverheless.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2019
    otaku31 likes this.
  18. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that some punishment is necessary, but it shouldn't be physical. Besides, OP said that there were "bruises and lacerations"
    That goes too far

19. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not saying that OP is lying but OP also said that the girl is seventeen, and at that age many wouldn't hesitate to inflict injuries on themselves just to prove their point or reach their goal, so what needs to be done is know how much is true and how much is wrong about that girl's situation (some people are very creative and teens are... how should I say this? impulsive? adventurous? they got a point and they want to prove it one way or another I guess regardless if it is right or wrong)

20. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Even so, please don't assume this. I've seen abuse before, and it's not pretty. Not everyone is a liar willing to hurt themselves to make a point. Actually, most people aren't.