Discussion What to say when you're being forced to buy things?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alexcia, May 22, 2022.

1. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh....faking death will do?

2. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I would look him straight in the face and laugh at him. Than leave

Iruma666 likes this.
  3. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I went to a dealership because my airbags were recalled. So the dealership was required to remove and replace them for free. I did receive some papers about the airbags. The other services were not mentioned until I went to pick up my car. Then I found out they broke my mirror and key as well. I used the documentation in my arguments. I had to go to the dealership otherwise I would have had to pay. There is also only one dealership in my area. I missed the detail I asked how much they charge for some services. When I heard the price I said no. They brought this up on the camera saying this was me authorizing it. They also had me on camera saying no. In their words since I asked about them I wanted them.
    I think it counts there were threatening to take me to court unless I bought there services all while holding my car hostage.

4. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Literally just say you don't have enough money..

5. ninjakitteh

ninjakitteh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, no. Not even close. You can add as many irrelevant details or twist logic as much as you like, but the situation of a shopkeeper demanding you buy something simply because you asked about its price will still be completely different from a car dealership attempting to charge you for a free service that was already completed on a vehicle you already own, save for the fact that human beings, enclosed structures and unreasonable demands for financial compensation were involved.

You can think otherwise is the case... but you would be wrong, so I do not recommend it. *shrugs*

6. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell em to suck my dick from the back and I leave the store

7. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd walk away, honestly. I avoid conflict, but peer pressure never worked on me, so why would a random vendor trying to pressure me into buying shit work. Besides, just walking away would most often make them lower the price. If I have to say something, it's gonna be "Too expensive, no money" or "I'm poor, dude". Being more thick-skinned than the vendor is the only way. But really, why bother. just walk away. Even if you touch their stuff you're not obligated to buy it. Even if you break it by mistake, it's good manners to buy it, but you're not obligated to. So if they force it into your hands and you drop it by accident, you don't have to buy. Anyway, they're looking for introverts who can't say no and would rather pay just to end the ordeal.

8. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_tilt:
    :facepalm:
    ..... Whatever you say......

9. 7starkiller99

7starkiller99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They’re trying to guilt trip you in this scenario!

Apologize (if you feel like you should) for using up their time, but firmly refuse to buy said item if it is something you don’t want.

Also probably don’t go back to that shop.

10. WordEater

WordEater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This just gave me an inspiration for my forever wip story, thank you very much.
    "You think I won't be able to buy it? Do you know how much this worn-out bag costs?"
    Somehow leading the conversation to the seller asking the former how much does it cost.
    "[States a ridiculous value amount], give me the money and I'll exchange it with you."
    "No way, I don't like that, why would I do what you want and buy it?"
    "Exactly."

11. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a contract signed by a lawyer that says I do? :blobpeek: