Question What type of FL that you hate the most in Korean webnovel or manhwa?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Fellyciach, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Fellyciach

Fellyciach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just wondering what type of FL that you guys hate the most in Korean novel or manhwa and why? You might share the title of the novel as well.

SandTeedal likes this.
  2. SandTeedal

SandTeedal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ones that are naive teenagers but we're supposed to believe they were fully functioning members of society that paid taxes and navigated multiple personal relationships (you know... adults).

3. Fellyciach

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I really hate that. Like their brain is literally full with what? Flowers and unicorns? The world isn't a fairy tale, dude.

Purpleblooded and SandTeedal like this.
  4. SandTeedal

SandTeedal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For once I want to read a manga or novel about a female reincarnator/transmigrator who gets bored interacting with kids and uses the experiences they have gained adulting for decades you know

Fellyciach likes this.
  5. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Meanwhile I have the opposite problem with those kinds of characters, most of the time I just end up wanting them to be allowed to be actual kids without some kind of "used to be an adult" twist to them.
    Although more so when the story starts out with them being pre-teens rather than teenagers.

Fellyciach likes this.
  6. torujenkins

torujenkins Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too naive and helpless FL. It ends up being tiring and annoying, "Oh, no. I'm in trouble, but I'm soo weak and nobody is going to save me now, I'm doomed, poor me" (a group of potential MLs end up saving her).

Purpleblooded and Fellyciach like this.
  7. JaiXie

JaiXie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naive, dense and immature who can't do anything without the ML, like srsly whenever they encounter problems even if it's the simplest thing they'd go crying tsk, these types of FL always gets on my nerves and oh I almost forgot, lemme add those FLs who fell in love with someone who treated them horribly beyond redemption.

SandTeedal, Fellyciach and datagirl like this.
  8. datagirl

datagirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The type of female leads that never takes responsibility or even acknowledge their own faults. To them, everyone is a bad guy and they are the poor victim example: Ariadne from sister I'll be queen in this life. I've no problems with problematic FL but it annoys me when they try to justify their crimes instead of owning it.
    And the transmigrated FL in a villainess body who was a bad person but the FL tries to portray her as an innocent victim (Penelope from death is the only ending for the villainess).
    I get it, no one is 100% pure. But instead of getting character growth they double down with their past deeds as if that makes them somehow better.
    Over clingy FL.
    I also hate wide doe eyed air headed FL.
    Manhwa writers always write them extreme of both side. Either they're too innocent or pure entitled jerk.

Fellyciach likes this.
  9. friedbanana

friedbanana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The naive, clueless FLs that only thinking in their own bubble of thought without any character development even tho people around them suffered enough because of how 'naive' they are.

Fellyciach likes this.
  10. pen15_

pen15_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely, FLs that are introduced and goes throught the story as this super strong inspiring and such woman, and then they fall in love with the first person who shows a bit of strength that is uncommon, if that makes sense. I find that very overused and would love to see a FL fall in love with someone who isn't necessarily the strongest but is at least able to keep up with her. There is nothing wrong with wanting to feel "weak" or vulnerable in front of the person you are beginning to care for, but I really hate it when their entire personality changes. It doesn't sit right with me and is part of the reason that I don't like reading romance novels.
    And this isn't necessarily a FL type of thing, more of an author thing- but I hate when authors introduce FL characters that bandwagon. If that makes sense. Especially if their the type thats strong but they act weak and naive instead of showcasing their power. It gives me an ick.

Fellyciach likes this.
  11. Fellyciach

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg... I really hate naive mc. This world is not just a raimbow, sunshine, and unicorn, you know. Especially that most of them were actually transmigrated fl who used to live in modern world. How could they be so naive? Do they think they're in some kind of Disney fairytale story or something? And the fact that most ml would always be sitting at the top of the pyramid but for some reason has no one to love and for some strange reason would easily falls in love with the FL within like what? One or two encounters? sure some stories would differ but for some reason within a few chaps, the ML would at the very least be interested in this specific most ordinary female human being that just showed up out of nowhere in his life despite the countless very beautiful woman around him.

I hate that as well. Crybaby fl and brick stupid as well. The fact that they could love someone who treated them horribly is really beyond my common sense.

I really hate that when readers overlooked the fl's bad actions just because she's the fl. My inspiration behind my novel was "I'll twist the neck of a sweet dog." I don't know if you know that novel or not. But it literally made me angry so much. The fact that people justified her actions (which literally destroyed an empire and made many innocent people became a victim) just because she's pitiful and groomed. I just couldn't stand it, really.

And air headed mc is so cringy and unbearable to look at.

That's literally the worst. Hurting someone or stealing something isn't the only thing that makes you guilty. Foolishness and not aware of that foolishness makes you guilty too.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if Korean authors try to make the most perfect character they can possibly think of. Most cases in isekai fl, they're just an ordinary woman in their past life. But when they isekaid, for some weird reason, she suddenly became this super smart and brave fl. Like seriously, where do this talent suddenly came from when they're supposed to be 'ordinary' in their past life? It doesn't make sense.

I think the only reason why the strong fl suddenly portrayed as damsel in distress is so that ml could have the chance to spring into action and save her. Thus, creating romantic (cheesy) scene between the couple.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    SandTeedal and friedbanana like this.