Discussion What would happen if...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jacobpaige, Jan 17, 2018.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What would happen if a xianxia world experienced a gamification style zombie apocalypse? To keep it interesting, we'll make the following assumptions:
    • Cultivators can be infected by zombies in the same cultivation realm as themselves, or at the peak of the previous realm if they've just broken through and not yet stabilized.
    • Only mortals are affected initially
    • Beasts are affected
    • Insects and other very small organisms below the second cultivation realm are not affected.
    • After the first month, zombies will spontaneously spawn at dusk if the the zombie/non-zombie ratio of a species falls below .01 within any population containing more than 100k mortals, 100 first realm cultivators, 10 second realm cultivators, or 1 third realm or higher cultivator. Their power will be, at most, the median of the population in question, rounded down. Weaker zombies are significantly more likely. So 100 first realm + one 3rd realm would generate two zombies between no cultivation and the second realm. While one 3rd realm would generate one zombie between no cultivation and third realm.
    • Formations can be used to force zombies to spawn outside of an area, but these formations will not be known at the time of the apocalypse, nor will they be easily developed.
    • Cultivation techniques and resources will grant xp and/or restore qi rather than improving cultivation base.
    • Leveling up will increase cultivation, but the amount of xp required will be based on the individual's cultivation talent and cultivation technique.
    • Leveling will be impossible without a cultivation technique.
    • Cultivation techniques can be purchased from the game's store.
    • Extra lives can be purchased from the game store, at a cost proportional to the buyer's cultivation level. They cannot be traded, and do not expire when cultivation level increases so long as the buyer's realm does not change. New lives mean new bodies, so all items will be lost and the buyer's previous body (or its zombie) will still exist. The new body will be generated at the shop where the extra life was purchased. The buyer can choose which extra life to use when they die, so long as they decide quickly, otherwise, one will be chosen at random.
    • Obtaining the game's currency requires killing zombies or other "players." The amount obtained is related to the zombie's power, and may be zero.
    • Xp can be gained by killing anything of similar or greater strength to the player or zombie.
    • Non-magical beasts do not count as players, but can be turned into zombies.
    • Zombieism is only contagious within the same species when the zombie's power is below the second realm.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Chu Feng would slaughter them all and their sect, family as well as their family pets.

P.s. I think the higher ups would purposely infect larger groups to farm them for exp.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  3. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Are we talking 'zombies' who'll just move at appropriate speeds according to their level and everything else scales with it, or the ... 'chinese jumping zombies' aka jiangshi I think, who somehow exist as the same level before death ?

And would everyone know of the 'benefits' of hunting zombies or just a select few who might elect to keep it hidden?

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm assuming Western zombies like in God and Devil World, etc. since it would be more traditional for the genre, though it's assumed that they'd get faster, stronger, smarter, etc. as their power increased for the same reason.

As for knowing vs not, take your pick. Though generally speaking, people would notice quite quickly if they were killing zombies. At least for the money part anyway, the xp part would only be obvious if they were relatively weak cultivators, at least initially. Once the zombies started getting strong, more people would be eligible to notice on their own.

Astaroth likes this.
  5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have no fear for Chu Feng is here! When there is a Chu! Feng! All shall be plunder and raped for it is justice and benevolence of the one and only Chu! Feng! Chu Feng!

6. vancenick

vancenick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chu Feng = can I stick my dick in it? No? Then kill it.

7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure, but I think someone should make the novel so we can all find out.

8. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if we use the zombie in zombie evolution as a base then it would be a long and hard job for the zombie to power up.
    The zombies would be farmed by sects, using them to power level.(puppets, xp farm, money farm, all kinds of farm)

9. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone would make a bug or something that targets undead creatures

10. Stealth

Stealth Elegant Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    i believe Leylin use this method to invade one of many multiverse... only him have the vaccine

11. not_here

not_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think there will be any difference before and after the apocalypse, since they will kill them anyway.

12. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any chances, of a hybrid of zombie and beast to be born??

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean a beast becoming a zombie? Yes, it's in the list you skipped.

14. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I meant either a zombie and beast giving birth of a hybrid. OR a beast becoming half zombie.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How would a zombie have kids? It's dead. And what does half zombie even mean? If half of it is dead, then chances are, all of it is. Bodies aren't so redundant that any organism could readily lose half of itself and still function.

16. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    You know a typical LN style, if beast man marries human woman... That's the way I was thinking, a hybrid.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    In those cases, both parents are alive though? And in most series, they can't have kids anyway?

18. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe born with the virus, but with resistance to it, adopting both the traits of a zombie and a Cultivator?

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    What traits does a zombie have other than eating brains and being dead and therefore unkillable without destroying its brain? There's plenty of cultivators that have those powers already. Heck, there are cultivators that can't be killed so long as a single drop of blood remains.

20. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    Able to infect others with simple attacks?
    Meaning his whole body is a poison... reminds me of Dungeon Seeker now that I think about it...

We could certainly find more...