What would you do if one day you woke up and...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ohko, Jan 19, 2018.

?

What would you do if your gender changed and you need advice on certain biological issues?

1. Keep it to yourself - don’t tell anyone and rely on the internet

90 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. Ask family for advice/support

35 vote(s)
    23.6%
  3. Ask same gender friends for advice/support

22 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Ask opposite gender friends for advice/support

18 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. Go to the doctor/hospital

52 vote(s)
    35.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. congvthc

congvthc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    follow with the new transgender mentality, "I'm the most important because im transgender, and transgender should have special right that no one else has. ill force everyone to agree with me, and use SWJ idiots to force people to change their view"

2. Ebonitacocat

Ebonitacocat Waffles

Reading List:
    Link
    First thing I'd do was see if I discovered magic and or try to lucid dream(by the assumption I'd be asleep). Be afraid of the government and experiments from unknown diseases if neither work. Keep it to my self and shave more often I don't want to look like a lady with a beard eventually. Being average to not so good looking are kinda expected especially cause I won't use make up. Use a stall in the men's room till I appear to be female. Then discover life as a lesbian... (my dating life can't get worse it can only get better)

3. ohko

ohko 【LGBTQ+ association】 【ohko is ohko!】

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep! That was exactly was I was going for!

In fact I'm most interested in the ratio of people who vote for "keep it to myself and don't tell anyone" vs. "go see a doctor".

For the people who keep it to themselves/hide it/are in denial mode, they may not know about all the resources available to FTM transgender people.

Therefore, I'd be able to make a much more interesting story and do a MTFTM transition sequence! XDDD So when MC-kun (-chan?) is being confused and trying to keep everything to himself, he slowly develops boobs from the estrogen and goes through all the female medical issues, and when he finally learns about testosterone and FTMs, he tries to transition back to male. xD

4. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you contact anyone or share your situation with anyone (to ask for advice)? If yes, who? Your family? Your male friends? Your female friends?
    As a man I would ask my female friends about it and reveal my situation to them.
    2. Would you go to the hospital/doctor? What about the next time you have to go for a yearly physical exam?
    Doctor...yes? Mostly because I go to the doctor fairly regularly anyway.
    3. What do you do the first time you get a period?
    Scream for the stereotype then go and ask my friends about it.
    4. What would you do if you slowly started growing boobs?
    ...I will curse the heavens that they made it slow. And then proceed to find any way possible to speed up the process.
    5. Would you take medications like testosterone to maintain your male external appearance?
    Nope!
    6. Would this change your life/career plans in any way?
    Hell no! I’m going to be a machinist probably, and woman machinists never seem to lack a job!
    7. Would this change your social life in any way? Examples: bathroom, locker rooms, swimming pools, etc.
    Yep! I’d probably still hang out with men, but I’d definitely try to hang out with more women. Though I would probably hang out with more women right now anyway if it wasn’t for the fact that my school is 90% males.
    8. What would you do about relationships/dating? Would your sexual behavior change?
    Date women! Embrace the yuri! Never look back!
    9. Would you consider living your life as a man or a woman?
    Woman. Definitely a woman.​

SilverFeather, AliceShiki and Nekorin like this.
  5. Ebonitacocat

Ebonitacocat Waffles

Reading List:
    Link
    If I actually discovered magic though I would avoid leaving the house check to see if there are any mutant outbreaks being suppressed by the government and learn magic (hopefully discover immortality too)

SilverFeather likes this.
  6. Nekorin

Nekorin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

*thumbs up*
    +1..

SilverFeather and Fossil like this.
  7. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm living with my family so I'm preeeetty sure my family will notice that my gender has changed.

So why bothered hiding it?

8. nehpets747

nehpets747 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    gender identity is not really genetics, it is more based on your life experience. Most people find the opposite sex attractive because you grow up more in line with that attraction. People that are gay know that their attraction towards the same gender is not accepted on society. But it is improving every single day with difficulties and battle. Them being gay likely has to do with small factors that added up to his/her sexual identity. If you suddenly switch body, it does not mean you are attracted to different people now.

ohko likes this.
  9. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    o_O I've had long hair for the majority of my life so that not an issue. The new plumbing will be annoying... Though shouldn't be much different(other then sitting down to do my business). The only real worry is the full beard and mustache. Being a bearded lady isn't my ideal for starting out my new lifestyle.

10. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Q1. Would you contact anyone or share your situation with anyone (to ask for advice)? If yes, who? Your family? Your male friends? Your female friends?

A. I would not contact anyone because I always fall out of touch with my friends when I move from location to location. I am super anti-social in that even my family would be useless to consult with... because I already learnt everything I needed to know in sex-ed in highschool, then took a biology class which went more in detail to the entire human bodies functions and layout, and have watched enough TV crime shows and med shows to have heard various individual troubles regarding periods et cetera.

Q2. Would you go to the hospital/doctor? What about the next time you have to go for a yearly physical exam?

A. I never went for a yearly exam in the first place, the last time I went was for a fractured foot/toe bone to have its cast removed. I would likely have considered between a private clinic far from home or taking a self-funded short term stay flight to thailand or somewhere as a convenient excuse/ cover story when I end up changing enough for the change itself to be noticeable.

Q3. What do you do the first time you get a period?

A. Have the pads prepped in advance, a day or two after the change and always have it carried around with me. Then call upon my excess reserves of will and self-hypnosis to demand alight flow. god forbid I have to suffer through hell each time. moderate to light will be just fine, since the way my mind and nerves currently work is that the first time experiencing something is the worst, the following times my brain knows which nerves to give less focus, thus significantly mitigating the same pain response. I have a low initial pain tolerance, but all future repeats are heavily shielded against automatically.

Q4. What would you do if you slowly started growing boobs?

A. Naturally I would stare in the bathroom mirror everytime I woke up to decide whether or not they are still small enough to be passable or if its starting to reach the stage where I should consider methods of hiding them. (binding would be a last resort if they were borderline visible on the small side). However, common sense dictates that should I take after my mom a bit too much, I will likely have to call it quits and admit the win to nature, coming out to everyone since its simply impractical/impossible to push on any further in a futile endeavour.

Q5. Would you take medications like testosterone to maintain your male external appearance?

A. and send my already unstable condition into an even riskier state? are you mad? Just learn to roll with the flow, surely people should know that simply adding testosterone just aggravates the change and ends up producing even more feminizing hormones...

Q6. Would this change your life/career plans in any way?

A. Never had any career plans, can't say I ever cared much for society or money in the first place. However, I would be able to live more honestly as myself and end up caring more about money and my career as I start to tally up all my newly acquired additional expenditures. As I am now, fashion can go stuff it. As a woman, I know just what style I would love to be seen in, onlookers be damned, I am my own woman!!

Q7. Would this change your social life in any way? Examples: bathroom, locker rooms, swimming pools, etc.

A. the bottom line would change as mentioned with your examples. as for the additional stuff? not really, I am already crazy/insane/eccentic enough among friends and coworkers that I could keep acting the same and they wouldn't bat much of an eyelid. hell we have 3 lesbians, 1 gay, an asexual (me ;) ), and a buddhist in our area, my sudden sex-change would just prompt a few more glances my way and a slight change in jokes.

Q8. What would you do about relationships/dating? Would your sexual behavior change?

A. Can't say it will. hormones might change my thoughts and views a bit, but I welcome ever new perspective anyways. Though I wouldn't turn down any possible dates with cute girls, I just wouldn't date those I work with, live near, or meet clubbing or for one night stands (not that I ever do it anyways). But if someone shows interest and I am not particularly against them as a person, I can't see why I wouldn't give it a shot. It beats boredom at least and gets me out of the house more often so my mom would approve.

Q9. Would you consider living your life as a man or a woman?

A. A woman obviously. The situation would be a dream come true, though I know I could never get my dream appearance as my current physique is just too different and none of the females in my family tree share any resemblances to my ideal either. But I can accept seeing "me" in the mirror every day, it would be fun to see how far the change affects my face and self-consciousness over time. Would I be mostly the same or perhaps would I end up rather vain? who knows. how exciting.

ohko likes this.
  11. nehpets747

nehpets747 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if that happened to me I would be crying or scared because it is just not normal turning into another sex altogether.

12. Silveus

Silveus Never Drinks Mana Pots

Reading List:
    Link
    We need some verification of some surrounding facts.

did i do anything at all that might make me change my gender? Did i make a wish, desecrate a shrine, take some strange medication, black out for 2-3 weeks? Can i in anyway pinpoint a cause?

Also, did the world around me change in anyway? I think one of the first things i do, is check my closet and wardrobe, does it suddenly contain dresses?

In otherwords, did the reality i exist in alter so that i was always a girl?

Okay, so let us say that reality did not change. Now, if i cannot in anyway pinpoint the cause, i'm going straight to a hospital. There is no way that a massive physical change with no cause is a good thing. How i get to a hospital, and who i talk to on the way, would be specific to me. I probably would not call an ambulance, and since i don't drive, i'd need to ask for a ride, but i'd be hesistant to offer the ride-giver any kind of explanation.

Now, assuming i can pinpoint a cause, what that cause is determines what i do. If i ate anything, hospital, if i blacked out, hospital again.

the only situation in which i'd just deal with it, is if something supernatural was involved. I wished on a shooting star, prayed at a shrine, desecrated a graveyard, what have you. Anything that i feel would not have a scientific basis, i'd at first try dealing with it in the hopes it fixes itself.

As a caveat, if i wished to become a girl, as opposed to angering some supernatural entity that punished me with a sex change, my reactions would also change. Obviously.

So now to your actual questions, assuming i'm not going to a hospital...

1 Nope, aint telling anyone about this. I'm going to hope it goes away by itself, or if i want to stay as a girl, i'm also going to leave behind my male self and not tell anyone about that either.

2 If i'm confident i don't need immediate medical care, i'm not going. Again, i'm waiting for this to fix itself.
    I should also mention here, that unless you are uninsured and paying out of pocket for medical care, your insurance is going to know your actual gender. If i suddenly go to an OBGYN, someone somewhere is going to realize something is up. At some point, you are going to need to deal with the fact that all of your government documents indicate you're male.

3 Google that. I mean, i'd probably freak out, blood in small quantities freaks me out. And i personally do not handle long-lasting discomfort well, so i'd personally probably be a wreck for that couple of days. Still, learning how to by maxi pads isn't exactly rocket science.

4 Again, this falls heavily into what i did at first. But assuming i've got some kind of supernatural explanation for this whole thing, i do basically nothing.

If i want to maintain being a girl, sooner or later i'm going to need to either explain this to my friends and family or disappear. until i can handle the whole, "Moving away from everything i've ever known" thing, i'd need to do my best to hide the boobs. Likewsie, if i did not want to remain a girl, i'd also hide the boobs.

5 Not a thought that would cross my mind to be honest. Not even sure where i'd get that, but i imagine it would be expensive. I suppose i'd revisit that thought if and when my appearance starts changing. But most likely no, i'm either okay with the change, or i'm planning on this whole thing reversing itself magically in the future. I'm not going to mess with anything else in the middle.

6 Life/career plans? Like i have any of those.

In a more hypothetical outlook, maybe if what i wanted to do was gender dependent, i might? As a person with little marketable skills, suddenly being able to be a stripper and make more money faster than working in retail, that is certainly an option i'd consider.

Also, would sports testing show that i am a girl? And would i still maintain my male physique? If i was already athletic, i might consider some kind of sport where i could effectivly cheat. But, that does run us back to what i mentioned in 2, that my government documents and records are all going to show that i am male. I couldn't even get a passport to get out of the country to start somewhere else.

7 Doubtful. I personally hate using public restrooms in the first place and try to avoid them. The few times i do, i'd still go in the mens, and i would use a stall.

I personally do not do anything that involves a locker room, but if i didn, i'd stick to the male one, and again, use a stall.

If i had no breasts, i would wear a mens swimming suit if i went swimming, if i had breasts, i'd avoid swimming.

8 I'd stop trying to find someone to date for sure. unlike the world of ficiton, people do not usually just fall head over heels in love at first glance, so i doubt i'd find anyone who is going to aggressively pursue me while i'm clearly preoccupied.

I wont want to get involved in a relationship because i am still waiting for this to fix itself, or i'm waiting to stop being the male me, and become the female me.

Eventually, when i become the female me after moving somewhere far away, i'd become gay i guess, and continue looking to date women.

9 Again, this depends on how this all happened. But i think if i still wanted to be a man, but after months of there being no change, i'd just learn to deal with it.

I mean, in reality, i'd probably end up ultra depressed and end up killing myself. As i mentioned, every interaction with the government, an insurance provider, trying to find work, is going to be a disaster. I'm for sure, not going to want to deal with any of that, so i'll put it off until something forces me too. But if i'm already super unhappy with the fact my gender changed overnight, and then i also need to explain tht to the goverment, and run the risk that i end up hospitalized as a research specimen, i'm probably just going to go die.

I'd also like to mention in regards to something you said early on, where you wouldn't suddenly wake up and be a stunningly beautiful woman with a head of long hair. If that did happen, that means your body proportions have all changed, and you are going to be incredibly awkward for a long time afterward. If your legs, shoulders, hips, and everything shrink, your muscle mass changes, and your distribution of weight changes, you're probably going to need to go through physical rehabilitation to walk.

ohko likes this.
  13. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    Become gay?

Likes girl while as a boy. Still likes girls as a girl.

It would be weird if your sexual prefences changes.

14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmmm... I think I'd seek help from all sources available, it is better to be open about it and try to adapt... And I'd definitely try to be a girl, living as a man is... A big no.

For the more specific questions...
    1. Already answered, would seek help from anyone available.
    2. Definitely would go to the hospital... There are no yearly physical exams on my country, but I would have no problem with it because I wouldn't be hiding it.
    3. Not applicable on FTM.
    4. Not applicable on FTM, but if you consider it beard instead of boobs... Waxing! I already wax anyway, I'd probably just need to do it more often.
    5. I would take whatever is necessary to keep me as a girl! ^^)7
    6. Nope! I'm pretty happy with my carreer choice!
    7. Uhn... I think I would go to the girl's bathroom anyway, I might get some annoyed looks, but I wouldn't accept anything else. And the rest of my social life would stay the same for sure.
    8. I'm already bixesual, so... Not really?
    9. Already answered, but... Woman! Definitely!

ohko likes this.
  15. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Tldr, imo you look nasty as a boy/girl, genderbended still looks nasty, case and point in a CN WN with a trap looking MC who digs MILFs and the side character is boy (hideyoshi iirc) turned girl who has the power to GB pple, said side decides to GB a bunch of nasty looking gangsters, they look horrible in girl form. And no it is not reversible.

http://www.tgstorytime.com/viewuser.php?uid=77 just for fantasy reasons.

Also, I ticked all selections.

16. ohko

ohko 【LGBTQ+ association】 【ohko is ohko!】

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, that would precisely a problem! I'm curious about how you would handle it?

Would you go the testosterone medication route and try to live as a man?

Or would you let the estrogen in your body slowly take it's course, and get the typical transgender woman treatments to remove the excess body hair?

Who knows? Let's say you can't pinpoint an obvious cause, though you can speculate on whatever you like if it makes you feel better. For consistency's sake, let's say the cause is supernatural and you aren't changing back.

No, it didn't. Nothing has changed except for your genitals. Not even your upper body has changed (if you have facial hair, you still have it and stuff).

You would maintain your male physique, however the hormone environment in your body would have suddenly switched to estrogen because now you have ovaries and no testicles.

You might have an initial advantage in sports, but without any testosterone, over time (1-2 years), your body would gradually feminize more and you'd lose muscle mass. These are the typical changes that transgender women undergo under hormone treatment (changes in fat and muscle distribution, including growing boobs). Things that won't change is that if you're over age 18, most likely your bones have already sealed, so your hips won't widen any more from the male hips you have (which means you probably can't have kids), and your vocal cords will still naturally have a deep voice. Additionally, you will continue to grow facial hair unless you get the hair follicles removed.

Yes, thank you!

Overall, thank you for your incredible thoughtful and well-explained responses! It's very helpful!

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a girl... if one day that organ appears...
    Maybe I'll become a redrawer for yaoi manga...

18. Redmi

Redmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'All of the above' is the correct method of finding the solution to your 'problem'.

19. Megajoke

Megajoke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shoot my self in the face

20. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just my theory, not based on any biological special education, but I think it's quite impossible to have no changes at all in appearance other than there, even if the gender mysteriously changed overnight, some genes , hormones and traits would change as well.

So it's another question might be how long do you think you could keep it secret if you wanted to, and what would you do first when you know you can't keep it hidden anymore as well as if you believe you'll become a test subject due to it.