Recommendations What would you like to see in a xianxia style original novel?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Violetbird27, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Violetbird27

Violetbird27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any suggestions or ideas?

2. Vrinshael

Vrinshael 【Chaotic】【Fetishist】

Reading List:
    Link
    An ending within 300 chapters.

Paladin, Wujigege, Kutaifa and 10 others like this.
  3. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    Sharudeis, Wujigege, Hiji and 6 others like this.
  4. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like an oxymoron...
    I'd like to see actual hard work and not cheats and an actually likeable and consistent love interest

Wujigege, SayMrrp, otaku31 and 10 others like this.
  5. Dragon Devourer

Dragon Devourer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A protagonist that isn't a horrible sociopathic greedmonster would be refreshing. They don't have to be nice (that would be even more refreshing but not required), but having basic human decency at least.

pomoli, SayMrrp, otaku31 and 3 others like this.
  6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this happens in God Of Slaughter, i wouldn't mention the 'wedding night' to you so you don't get scarred though.

7. The Mt.Tai

The Mt.Tai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want that read martial god its pefect for your descrption

8. 12300

12300 [How many sheep can Snorlax count?]

Reading List:
    Link
    There are so many jade-like beauties... At least make a female character that has nice qualities besides beauty...

SayMrrp, rainlord, otaku31 and 3 others like this.
  9. slakids

slakids Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobconfused::blobconfused::hmm:....... they will continuing their novel till 1000-7000 chapters unless that novel soo crappy or the author tired of their novel or they win the lottery or hurting your eyes and make you want punch the author:blobunsure::blobtriumph:

Evanbond and Violetbird27 like this.
  10. Violetbird27

Reading List:
    Link

That's my ideal goal right now. No cheats. No help. No luck. Just cultivation.

Ill keep that in mind

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2017
  11. forgotten

forgotten 【 R E M N A N T】

Reading List:
    Link
    Decent antagonists for once. No "Young masters" or their fathers after mc beats them or their elders once mc beat those fathers or some kind of sect which was backing them up once mc beat those elders.... I got tired of these to the point where i literally stopped reading novels once it happens.

And no unreasonable underestimating just for the sake of... underestimating.... it gets annoying when it makes no sense. Recently read a novel where MC is known for causing a bloodbath and have been feared by numerous geniuses. Yet every single young master and their grandma tries to pick a fight with him calling him trash and that he has no chance of winning ... Defuq?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    phk, nooble and Violetbird27 like this.
  12. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. A genuinely talented MC who is not mistakenly considered trash.
    2. No harem.
    3. No endless sequence of fights/tournaments.
    4. Weak to strong at a believable pace.
    5. No overdrawn sect politics.
    6. No powerful missing parent/s.
    7. No separation from love interest after getting together.
    8. MC who looks before he leaps and is capable of taking a step back when needed.

byluzia, viprei, phk and 7 others like this.
  13. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    having the heroine not being a damsel in distress

Violetbird27 likes this.
  14. lexlangel

lexlangel Shem's lost butler

Reading List:
    Link
    :sushi_cool: i see
    ~~ just testing the sushi
    *sips tea*

15. Violetbird27

Reading List:
    Link

I've never understood that.. Maybe it's a cultural difference? But I'll do my best.

....Ill just write all of these things down. Thanks alot!

I always wondered how women managed to cultivate to become super uber blank stage cultivators if they always need to be saved in these novels? Whose going around supporting all these women???

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2017
  16. Dewaloke

Dewaloke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They can eat in a restaurant in peace..
    poor MC every time they go to the restaurant ,there will be a wild rich young master that makes trouble

Violetbird27 likes this.
  17. zenla

zenla { Totally human being} {Kingdom building fanatic}

Reading List:
    Link
    Kingdom building, actual business management rather than throw new pill mc pulled out of his ass. No dumb power climb with strength is everything must have more strength. Kill all tournaments creators.

Violetbird27 likes this.
  18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Like one that knows how to make a heavenly sandwich?

19. Violetbird27

Reading List:
    Link
    The business management arcs have always been some of my favorite parts of translated novels. It just either gets taken too far or they just gloss over soooo much of it, it isn't even cool anymore.

Lokumi likes this.
  20. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's see...
    - No repeative plot. Can we get something original for once, and not the constant "Tournament arc"? Yeah sure, it can be relevant. But why does the MC need to keep being in a "Tournament" arc like after..........Several already? So basically, just everytime he go somewhere then he just "Happen" to be on the "Right Time" for that "Tournament" which is like.....Several Dozen of years time per Tournament???? This isn't Pokemon, unless the "Spirit Beasts" or "Beast Companions" or "Spiritual Weapons" or etc......then it's Pokemon. Beside the "Tournament arc" there are several others but it will be too much to list them.
    - "Genius", Arrogant Young Master. Oh come one, EQ is one thing, but why does even the "Genius" Antagonists have no brain to realize some simple facts about the MC, and just keep on provoking him?
    - Arrogant Young Master after Arrogant Young Master. How many times do the MC need to meet with the "Arrogant Young Master" that only serve as a Fodder? 1 time is already enough, 2 times are too much, from the 3rd time forward....that's just bad writing to show the MC greatness.
    - "Luck". Even the God of Fortune can't have this much "Luck" as the MC. Can we have someone that actually put in some efforts? I know it's the fastest way to level up the MC, but at least need him to put some Actual Efforts, and not the whole "Just a bit of this and that and done"
    - "Luck" MC but act Arrogant. So the bad guy is weak, well if it wasn't for your "luck" then you are no better, so you have no reason to just look down on them.
    - Jade-like/Peerless Beauties. Look here, look there, look everywhere. Why are every girls need to be "Jade-like/Peerless" Beauties? I thought the "Jade-like/Peerless" have something unique, not the common stones you can find anywhere.
    - Constant Look Down on the MC. So whatever the MC do, he will never be good enough for people to stop treating him like "trash"? The Antagonists are one thing, but why even the Mobs do that? And for the Antagonists, you already got beat, stop acting like a Damn Loser un-befitting the "Genius" in your title that resolve into playing dirty tricks and stuffs, but then still can't beat the MC but still act like you are Superior.
    - "Harem". Oh Come On! If you write Harem, then at least Make Sure it's a Damn Harem....Not the whole "get a girl, but leave her behind because the MC need to go somewhere dangerous so he can't bring her, but then it span to Hundred of Chapters then the girl just be forgotten". Or, "the MC "Harem" got Several Girls, but most of the novel he's alone with his "insert whatever companion" here. Or, "Someone stronger took your girl, because Surprisingly she's someone special that for whatever reason disappear but then somehow they find her when she's with the MC". Or, "Girls fall in love with the MC, because he's the MC". Or............

Well, I still have many more, but this will do for now.

Violetbird27 likes this.