Discussion what would you recommend to a person who just finished reading the latest chapter of ccg

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by sivasms, Jun 29, 2018.

1. sivasms

sivasms Immortal novel Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Having read till the latest chapter of cultivation chat group I miss the book already so can anyone suggest a novel which is currently in lnmtl which can allievate the pain of missing ccg my current idea is to choose tales of herding good if you guys have any other opinion please do share

2. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Tales of Herding God would be a nice read for you,

I just saw that Mansion in post-apocalytic world also added on lnmtl yesterday, it's also a nice read if you can ignore the stupid and out of nowhere sex scenes.

House-Dad's Literary Life also nice if you want easy going and fluffy novel, I'm quite sad that the novel ended today though.

sivasms likes this.
  3. sivasms

sivasms Immortal novel Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    What are the tags of house dad's literary life

4. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not translated so there's no NU page for it

5. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    Go for tales of herding gods, it's a decent novel :hmm::hmm::hmm: kinda wanted to say gos but you already have it in your list

sivasms likes this.
  6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    try reading
    The Legend of Sun Knight

Blitz, sivasms and Imawa like this.
  7. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like recommended white-robe cheif, godfather of champion, charm of soul pet, Lord xue Ying, monster paradise, way of Devil, gourmet food Supplier, reincarnation heavenly demon

sivasms likes this.
  8. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you find, tell me too. There're many novels in QI followed CCG's motif, but most of them are trashy copies.

sivasms likes this.
  9. Otwentyfirst

Otwentyfirst skillfully clueless // lazy book reader ;)

Reading List:
    Link
    i would second legend of the sun knight. the comedy is there and supporting characters are good. no pill refinements or any of that though.
    i haven't read yet but maybe also pet king. i get the impression from other people that it has a similar comedy vibe as well.

sivasms and Imawa like this.
  10. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    My Disciple Died Yet Again is on par with CCG.

11. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tales of Herding God is good, not much of the more annoying cliches of the xianxia genre, interesting premise. At some point, it starts to feel somewhat stale when he starts continually steamrolling people, but that's several hundred chapters away.

Archfiend is another nice read. It has some of the more intense action scenes I've read in a webnovel, especially the group battles. Incredibly epic starting with the world vs world war. At one point it transitions from a modern setting to a more traditional fantasy / xianxia; there are a couple of birthing pains there as even the author was apologizing with his inexperience with the fantasy genre. Some time after that tho was when the epicness began, so it's all good.

Douluo Dalu 2 (Unrivaled Tang Sect) is IMO one of TJSS's best works, and there's even official translations up to ch 2xx in Wuxiaworld, so there's plenty to read before shifting back to lnmtl.

Nothing really comes close in my head to matching CCG in the combination of comedy and cultivation tho. I've actually re-read it from the start recently to get away from the pains of waiting for daily chapters. It's actually interesting to see how the author had hinted at some things even from the near beginning; there was a joke earlier on about making someone pregnant just by looking at them, way before he's even had the chance to go to one of Ruism's sites, etc.

sivasms likes this.